Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

House Viewing No 5

House Viewing No 5

Old Jul 19th 2008, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House Viewing No 5

I know I'll get hate mail for this but your houses aren't worth what you'd like them to be worth, they're worth what an actual real live person with cash will offer you for them. 15k isn't an insult of a drop, it's a starting point. I hope you haven't scared her off
Old Jul 19th 2008, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

no hate mail from us

its just to much of a drop considering what we have had it on for, the estate agent said it was a joke so just have to wait and see whats around the corner
Old Jul 19th 2008, 4:08 pm

ville303 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KJM
Ha Ha

I should have made her sweat as well but she met her match...lol

I know that I will sell my property but I not desperate or even STUPID.

So like you I will work around it...
I think if most of you 'stuck to your guns' and it were more widespread it could counteract the media hype and make people realise that it's not necessarily a 'buyers market'
I wish all of you on this forum lots of luck - my OH and I were lucky because we came over in 2005. My heart goes out to people in this situation but definitely don't give into these pushy people who think they can take you for a ride!
Old Jul 19th 2008, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canada Dreams
no hate mail from us

its just to much of a drop considering what we have had it on for, the estate agent said it was a joke so just have to wait and see whats around the corner
Your estate agent is the joke here! Sorry to be so blunt, but an opening offer from a serious buyer is just that, a point from where to start the negotiation to make a sale. Emotion has no place in a negotiation and it should be the Estate Agent, the negotiator, working for you to get you a sale at the best price.

IMHO an offer 15k off asking is as close to a sale as one is ever likely to get.
Your agents shameful dismissal in a buyers market is proof of their incompetence. Time to get a new agent. One who knows what they are doing.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 4:35 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canada Dreams
wel thats a thought
good idea that were you sat down with a bear thinking that
Old Jul 19th 2008, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

CathynPaul has a spectacular aura aboutCathynPaul has a spectacular aura aboutCathynPaul has a spectacular aura about

Hi Guys,
ours was up for 210,000 no one was coming round then suddenly a lovely couple arrived offered us 185 I neartl nearly swore then said no way hosay however the market is not good everyone round here has reduced we eventually and reluctantly accepted cos we just wanna go now so survey was Friday just waitng for TWP which i am not sure which is worst flights booked for 15th Sept!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 19th 2008, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Julie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CathynPaul
Hi Guys,
ours was up for 210,000 no one was coming round then suddenly a lovely couple arrived offered us 185 I neartl nearly swore then said no way hosay however the market is not good everyone round here has reduced we eventually and reluctantly accepted cos we just wanna go now so survey was Friday just waitng for TWP which i am not sure which is worst flights booked for 15th Sept!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know when i get a offer i will probably jump at it, i know that i wont dare book them flights until twp is in hand and house sale money in the bank
Old Jul 19th 2008, 6:35 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Julie_p
We haven't even got the choice of renting ours out we could not afford to pay a uk mortgage and pay rent on a home in canada too so we need to sell
its a horrible time to sell, i even enquired on national homebuyers (on tv) cheeky devils want a £450 valuation fee up front thats probably before they offer you something really stupid too so they win each time :curse:
Hi Julie

You will sell so stay positive.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
I know I'll get hate mail for this but your houses aren't worth what you'd like them to be worth, they're worth what an actual real live person with cash will offer you for them. 15k isn't an insult of a drop, it's a starting point. I hope you haven't scared her off
Think it depends on how much money you have in it in the first place, our house has already been valued at £ 100,000 less than it was 2 years ago so the price should reflect as most are with the drop already taken into account, on this house yes we would take that drop but on a property that is a lot less they may actually come out still owing money on it ?

No hate mail though Biiiiink
Old Jul 19th 2008, 6:36 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all

Originally Posted by minimeeze
I'd love to be able to get someone even viewing mine
Hi Minimeeze

I'm sorry that you haven't had any viewings. How long have you been on the market?

K
Old Jul 19th 2008, 6:46 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

Hi

No hate mail here its your opinion.

Yes you are correct to a point if the real life people worked that way.....or is just people are just chancers or greedy trying their luck. If the purchaser is interested they will be back with a further offer.

I am very confident that woman will be back on mine.

FOR EVERYONE

For me and I would imagined many other people you need a sum to live, a sum to move, a sum for rental or purchasing and a survival sum thats why I stuck my ground.

Now being a Surveyor I'm no muppet and know what a house is worth and also what the market it like. There is going to be a bigger demand for houses for sale soon as the rental market is getting flooding with properties.

SIT TIGHT.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 6:48 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

Hi

No hate mail here its only your opinion.

Yes you are correct to a point if the real live people worked that way.....or is it just people are just chancers or greedy trying their luck. If the purchaser is interested they will be back with a further offer.

I am very confident that the woman will be back on monday with a further offer.

FOR EVERYONE

For me and I would imagined many other people you need a sum to live, a sum to move, a sum for rental or purchasing and a survival sum thats why I stuck my ground.

Now being a Surveyor I'm no muppet and know what a house is worth and also what the market is like. There is going to be a bigger demand for houses for sale soon as the rental market is getting flooded with properties so sit tight.

K

Last edited by KJM; Jul 19th 2008 at 7:01 pm. Reason: grammer
Old Jul 19th 2008, 6:49 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ann101
I think if most of you 'stuck to your guns' and it were more widespread it could counteract the media hype and make people realise that it's not necessarily a 'buyers market'
I wish all of you on this forum lots of luck - my OH and I were lucky because we came over in 2005. My heart goes out to people in this situation but definitely don't give into these pushy people who think they can take you for a ride!
Yes you are correct....the media are making the problem a lot worse than it is.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 6:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob4BC
Your estate agent is the joke here! Sorry to be so blunt, but an opening offer from a serious buyer is just that, a point from where to start the negotiation to make a sale. Emotion has no place in a negotiation and it should be the Estate Agent, the negotiator, working for you to get you a sale at the best price.

IMHO an offer 15k off asking is as close to a sale as one is ever likely to get.
Your agents shameful dismissal in a buyers market is proof of their incompetence. Time to get a new agent. One who knows what they are doing.
Agree 100%. An integral part of an estate agent's job is to handle negotiations between buyer and seller. In fact, when I've sold property in the UK and received an offer directly from a buyer, I've always told them to go through the agent. That way, seller "emotion" is removed from the equation and more grounded negotiation can take place. In this market, blowing off a buyer because of their initial verbal offer is not a great idea, imo.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 7:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJM
Yes you are correct....the media are making the problem a lot worse than it is.
I hate to be blunt, but this is simply denial, imo. The credit markets are in a total shambles right now, and completely risk averse. The pool of willing and able buyers that actually qualify for credit has shrunk rapidly.

Btw, did you also blame the media when prices were shooting up?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.