Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

House Viewing No 5

House Viewing No 5

Old Jul 19th 2008, 11:15 am
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all
Default House Viewing No 5

Hi

I have a house viewing today and there is NO CHAIN wahey.

I shall be the Estate Agent as well.... as my E/A is closed at 1pm.

This house is going to be sold today even if I have to get on my knees and beg.lol...

Wish me luck and I will update you later.

K

Last edited by KJM; Jul 19th 2008 at 1:08 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 11:56 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House Viewing No 5

Originally Posted by KJM
Hi

I shall be the Estate Agent as well as my E/A is closed at 1pm.

This house is going to be sold today even if I have to get on my knees and beg.lol...

K

Hope you have more luck than me. I too was due to show somebody round today, chain free investor.

Agent called 20 mins before to say the viewers son broke their pelvis last night and she is at the hospital and won't be able to make it.This would have been our 4th viewing.

Hopefully she will be back soon for a look

Good luck
Old Jul 19th 2008, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

Originally Posted by KJM
Hi

K

hope you're knocking a chunk off their fee for doing their job for them!!!

hope everything went ok for you though!
Old Jul 19th 2008, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Julie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by KJM
Hi

K
Good luck... stay positive, i had a chain free viewer the other day and even rang after asking if we are open to offers so i exitedly said yes i was (of course you silly people) .......im still waiting for that flipping call i would snap their hands off! it is sooooo frustrating, i even put it in the ad-trader too and every free website going as well as been with a agent...its just a nightmare at the mo :curse:
Old Jul 19th 2008, 2:22 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all
Default Re: House Viewing No 5 - RAGING NOW

RAGING

Just had a couple walk around the house.. who loved the house so much that their repeated the lovely word a few times. So I was smiling with joy….I’m on a winner here.

The husband was a friendly chap but the wife was a talk down woman, the pushy type. So the woman started with the house lovely and we would like to make an offer and we have no chain.... Yes I said that is brilliant (I already knew this information).

We would like to make an offer but taking off the stamp duty (8K) so I said I would meet her half way. So the cheeky lady and that is me saying it politely said we would like to make an offer 13K under the asking price, as we have no chain. So I said no way I would give her half the stamp duty and the minimum I would go is 270k and that is giving you an additional £1000. The stupid woman had a cheek to say no you think about it…WELL THAT WAS LIKE A RED RAG TO A BULL. I turned around and said no I don’t need to think about it the answer is no …..yes it’s a buyers market at the minute and yes you have no chain but I have a lot of interest in this house and I not prepared to let it go for a stupid price….well the woman said we will leave it then…..did she think that I was going to run after her and say please buy my house…..GET REAL.

I’m telling you she will be back on the phone on Monday begging me. Lol. I phoned the Estate Agent and he said she is having a laugh…and well done for sticking to my guns….He said that my house is the only house that is getting viewings it’s a shame that people have to sell their houses or else it would have gone by now.

Last edited by KJM; Jul 19th 2008 at 2:25 pm. Reason: grammer
Old Jul 19th 2008, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

funny that we just had a viewing and we were the agents because ours were to busy, so we thought yep we will do it, it was a second viewing so we done what we could to try and get it sold.

they too gave us a offer of 15k below the asking price, so they can **** off, we said we would think about it and let them know monday, but we just said that to keep them thinking all week end ha ha

monday we shell say no, because we would rather rent it out if we cant sell it, it just means we would be in rented in canada for a little longer oh well

we are not going to give the bloody thing away
Old Jul 19th 2008, 2:33 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canada Dreams
funny that we just had a viewing and we were the agents because ours were to busy, so we thought yep we will do it, it was a second viewing so we done what we could to try and get it sold.

they too gave us a offer of 15k below the asking price, so they can **** off, we said we would think about it and let them know monday, but we just said that to keep them thinking all week end ha ha

monday we shell say no, because we would rather rent it out if we cant sell it, it just means we would be in rented in canada for a little longer oh well

£15k drop is nothing. In 2007 we dropped £35k.

I would snatch their hand off.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 2:36 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

Ha Ha

I should have made her sweat as well but she met her match...lol

I know that I will sell my property but I not desperate or even STUPID.

So like you I will work around it...
Old Jul 19th 2008, 2:38 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tangram
£15k drop is nothing. In 2007 we dropped £35k.

I would snatch their hand off.
Hi

To some people it is .....not everyone has a big fat wager in their properties that they could afford to lose 15k
Old Jul 19th 2008, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Julie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of light

We haven't even got the choice of renting ours out we could not afford to pay a uk mortgage and pay rent on a home in canada too so we need to sell
its a horrible time to sell, i even enquired on national homebuyers (on tv) cheeky devils want a £450 valuation fee up front thats probably before they offer you something really stupid too so they win each time :curse:
Old Jul 19th 2008, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

that went trough our mind, but like you said they would offer stupid money, we would peferr to sell it, but like i said im not given it away.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

I'd love to be able to get someone even viewing mine
Old Jul 19th 2008, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by minimeeze
I'd love to be able to get someone even viewing mine
Aww i am sure you will, how long have you been selling for? think positive thoughts, i am even thinking of having a 'open day' as destinationnovascotia did and got results, fingers crossed for you
Old Jul 19th 2008, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

wel thats a thought
good idea that were you sat down with a bear thinking that
Old Jul 19th 2008, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

wel thats a thought
good idea that were you sat down with a bear thinking that
With a 'bear' or a 'Beer'??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.