Homesick...

Old May 28th 2009, 2:40 am

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homesick...

That would be fun to meet up with everyone, it would have to be an afternoon thing me thinks.

That Garden of yours is big enough its got me thinking now
Old May 28th 2009, 2:46 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000
That would be fun to meet up with everyone, it would have to be an afternoon thing me thinks.

That Garden of yours is big enough its got me thinking now
Well any Saturday or Sunday is fine by me!!!! We are 1.5 from Edmonton and the same from Red Deer just outside of Donalda nr Buffalo lake
Old May 28th 2009, 2:55 am

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Well any Saturday or Sunday is fine by me!!!! We are 1.5 from Edmonton and the same from Red Deer just outside of Donalda nr Buffalo lake
Your not that far from Edmonton at all.

A Sunday would work best for me and probally most people.

I think we should organise something, must speak to hubby he gets back from Yukon on Friday.
Old May 28th 2009, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

Kirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to all

A spot of camping sometime would be cool if any of you are the outdoors type!

There's a great little free camp area with toilets, pic-nic tables, etc beside Coal lake in Westakiwin, we could set up a little campfire and have a few drinks, etc sometime.
Old May 28th 2009, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by Kirstine
A spot of camping sometime would be cool if any of you are the outdoors type!

There's a great little free camp area with toilets, pic-nic tables, etc beside Coal lake in Westakiwin, we could set up a little campfire and have a few drinks, etc sometime.
My husbands a big girl about Canadian style camping, he thinks a bear is going to come and get him.
Old May 28th 2009, 3:05 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

My husbands a big girl about Canadian style camping, he thinks a bear is going to come and get him.
Bring your camping stuff to mine hahahaha - you can pretend
Old May 28th 2009, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

Kirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to all

Haha those worry me too, although I'd probably run quicker from a spider. I think this place would be pretty safe from bears as I don't think they would reside around that area as there is no wooded areas or anything! lol
Old May 28th 2009, 3:19 am

Haha those worry me too, although I'd probably run quicker from a spider. I think this place would be pretty safe from bears as I don't think they would reside around that area as there is no wooded areas or anything! lol
Neil says if I'm with him it woud get me first because I would be the slower one , charming
Old May 28th 2009, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
Your homesickness may be more about being nervous of your new job/change of career and meeting new people. Completely out of your comfort zone you will be longing for the familiarity of your life back home.

Hope all goes well in your new job. Once you meet new people it will open up a whole new social network for you - remember don't wait for people to invite you out etc you can always instigate a meet and greet night out/bbq/lunch etc yourself .

Good luck and I hope you feel better over the coming days/weeks.
Id agree with that....that homesickness is made far worse by an uncertain situation, Im not in Canada yet, I fly out on Tuesday! eeeeeeek!! Im expecting to be homesick...I just dont know how bad it will feel - and think something like starting a new job so much exagerates it, all you want when in a situation like that is a few reassuring words from friends and family, only theyre 3000miles away.

However once you settle in and start to learn the ropes, you will wonder what you were worrying about, routine and familiarity is paramount, I feel that will chase your homesickness away... thats what I hope anyway - will have let you know this time next week thinking what have I done!!

Try to surround yourself with as many people as you can Kirstine...You will be fine.

Paul
Old May 28th 2009, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

So it eventually happened...I have a bout of proper homesickness! I feel like crying at the drop of a hat, I just wanna sleep and I can't stop thinking of being back at home with all my family and friends.

Talk about an appropriate time too...as I finally got myself a job which I start tommorrow, something I've always wanted to try but instead of being excited, I'm filled with dread. I know it's a month's trial to start with and I should be excited about getting a company car, etc but again all I can think about is the places I worked in back home and how I would rather be back there.

As much as I love Canada and enjoy living here, I find myself thinking alot how long it is until I get to go home again! Don't really want to admit that to anyone either, especially not my other half as it will get him worried!

I hope this passes!
Hi Kirstine

I hope you settle soon, but if you fancy meeting up, I'm not far away (15/20 mins) and there's a few of us that meet up sometimes in Edmonton. PM me anytime.
Old May 28th 2009, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

I feel a bit better now, had my trial at the job yesterday to see if I would like it so I know what to expect now, got a few days to think things over and decide if it's what I wanna do now. I think we all get the bouts of homsickness at some stage but they seem to pass a few days later even though we don't think they will, I just need to learn to stop getting myself so worked uo about everything!

Thanks for all the replies guys!
Old May 28th 2009, 5:21 pm

I feel a bit better now, had my trial at the job yesterday to see if I would like it so I know what to expect now, got a few days to think things over and decide if it's what I wanna do now. I think we all get the bouts of homsickness at some stage but they seem to pass a few days later even though we don't think they will, I just need to learn to stop getting myself so worked uo about everything!

Thanks for all the replies guys!
Your very welcome sweetheart.

We are all here to support each other, we've got plans now and I'll introduce you both to some of the crowd round here.

You'll have friends in no time and the support group we all need at times like this.

Call me or text any time.
Old May 28th 2009, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Cooperwoman is a jewel in the roughCooperwoman is a jewel in the roughCooperwoman is a jewel in the roughCooperwoman is a jewel in the rough

So it eventually happened...I have a bout of proper homesickness! I feel like crying at the drop of a hat, I just wanna sleep and I can't stop thinking of being back at home with all my family and friends.

Talk about an appropriate time too...as I finally got myself a job which I start tommorrow, something I've always wanted to try but instead of being excited, I'm filled with dread. I know it's a month's trial to start with and I should be excited about getting a company car, etc but again all I can think about is the places I worked in back home and how I would rather be back there.

As much as I love Canada and enjoy living here, I find myself thinking alot how long it is until I get to go home again! Don't really want to admit that to anyone either, especially not my other half as it will get him worried!

I hope this passes!
Hi Kristine
Just read your thread and if it helps i live in Devon, 15mins from you. there are a few brits in Devon if you need a chat. As for the homesickness thing, i know how you feel, i think a lot of us do. I had bouts of extreme homesickness, crying, depression and then i started work and it really does help. As for the changing of jobs, i was the same then i realised that to the Canadians it is the most natural thing to do. Rather than work at a job they just leave and get another one, it used to be easy, not so sure now though! If you are working you should be able to make contacts and if it does not work out then someone you meet may be able to help. It sort of worked that way for me.
I hope it all works out and it is early days yet for you.
Old May 29th 2009, 2:09 am
Edmonton arrived

crg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kristine, we are in Leduc so If you and your hubby want to meet up for a drink just PM us, We have been here 7 months now and have done the ' Canada is great' then the ' miss family and friends bit' now I think we are just coming out of that, Like I said If tis going to make you feel better give us a shout
Old May 29th 2009, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

happylandings has a brilliant futurehappylandings has a brilliant futurehappylandings has a brilliant futurehappylandings has a brilliant futurehappylandings has a brilliant futurehappylandings has a brilliant futurehappylandings has a brilliant future

I hope this passes!
Hiya Kristine,

Many people on here know exactly how you're feeling, we carry strong memories of places we enjoyed, and found happiness in. The 'adventure' and new beginning isn't for everyone once you move. That's not to say you won't settle and do well - a lot of people do. Wishing you All the Very Best of Luck.
HL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.