Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Holiday Entitlement

Holiday Entitlement

Old Jun 6th 2007, 4:57 am
Banned

Helen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud of
Default Re: Holiday Entitlement

Originally Posted by karla03
My vacation days when I start with WESTCAN are 10 days. I recently contacted them and asked how the vacation days work out. I was told, They take part of your wages out to pay for your vacation days. So basically I pay for my own F**king holidays I said. Does this happen throughout the canadian trucking firms......We are getting cold feet now just finding out this nitty gritty HELP

Posted by Karla03 OH
I think a lot of companies only give 2 weeks for the first year or so it is the norm, and bank charges, bad driving, and terrible chocolate......Yes thats all of it. I think should I go back to the uk and then I think, mountains, lifestyle, nice house (than what I had) children safe and happy in good education system. And then I see postings on expats like this http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=455859

And I think I can cope with bank charges, bad driving, and terrible chocolate
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:20 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Dont forget the, no holidays 'til you've finished a year... thats another favourite.

(runs and hides)

Last edited by Londonuck; Jun 6th 2007 at 8:22 am.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Fordprefect is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karla03
My vacation days when I start with WESTCAN are 10 days. I recently contacted them and asked how the vacation days work out. I was told, They take part of your wages out to pay for your vacation days. So basically I pay for my own F**king holidays I said. Does this happen throughout the canadian trucking firms......We are getting cold feet now just finding out this nitty gritty HELP

Posted by Karla03 OH
Hey karla03
the company I worked for deducted 4% of gross wage weekly, and paid it out in June and December, if you wanted to take a holiday in between these dates you could have whatever was in the account, but have to pay tax on it.
fordprefect
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

Thank You to everyone who has helped. My husband is much happier now. All our wobbles are over - for now

Last edited by karla03; Jun 6th 2007 at 10:33 am.