Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Another dog shipping question...

Another dog shipping question...

Old Jun 5th 2007, 9:29 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another dog shipping question...

I know these questions get asked quite frequently and I have used the search facility but unfortunately they are all relating to Air Transat who do not take dogs on their aircrafts any more

So I called BA Cargo this morning and gave them dimensions of my IATA dog crate and was quoted £1,500
Can anyone recommend any cheaper airlines that take dogs onboard? I will be trying Air Canada in the morning to see if they can get it any cheaper.

I will be flying from London or Gatwick to Vancouver mid July with a 9yr old English Springer Spaniel. Bloody dog....he's cost me a small fortune.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 10:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another dog shipping question...

Originally Posted by Danny B
I know these questions get asked quite frequently and I have used the search facility but unfortunately they are all relating to Air Transat who do not take dogs on their aircrafts any more

So I called BA Cargo this morning and gave them dimensions of my IATA dog crate and was quoted £1,500
Can anyone recommend any cheaper airlines that take dogs onboard? I will be trying Air Canada in the morning to see if they can get it any cheaper.

I will be flying from London or Gatwick to Vancouver mid July with a 9yr old English Springer Spaniel. Bloody dog....he's cost me a small fortune.

Try Zoom. You will have to use Ladyhaye for the booking. Our 2 rottweilers (needed the biggest crates made) cost 2000 pounds for the two of them, all vet certificates/paperwork and 3 days kenneling.

HTH
Old Jun 5th 2007, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

WelshDoll will become famous soon enoughWelshDoll will become famous soon enough

Hi, I transported my cat from Manchester to Chicago with Bmi in February. I have checked their website and they offer a Vancouver route from LHR if that is any help to you. The company they use is Airspace Aviation Solutions and they were in my opinion good and my cat arrived at Chicago happy and healthy. It cost @ £260 to transport him and they needed about 2 weeks notice to book him on the flight.Check the bmi website for the number if you are able to shift airports. Hope this helps and happy travelling to you and your dog.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

That's what I thought, but looks like it may not be the case: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454999
Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

I was browsing the Air Canada site yesterday and noticed that they transport dogs (up to 32.5kg with crate) as baggage. The international one way fare appears to be $245 - please correct me if I am wrong! This appears to be a pretty good deal for a small/medium dog.

Joanne
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

landy_andy has a spectacular aura aboutlandy_andy has a spectacular aura aboutlandy_andy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by AlexInBC
That's what I thought, but looks like it may not be the case: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454999
Hi,

Air Transat now don't take animals as excesss baggage but they do still carry them as cargo. See my post here http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454999

Cheers,
Andy

PS... we still have a large Vari Kennel Deluxe for sale, PM for details.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

i contacted Ladyhaye last week re shipping our lab, she is a big dog!! came to £1050. Which i was pleasantly surprised at.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Batfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really nice

Try Jets4Pets - haven't used them or heard of anyone who has, i've just heard the name floating around. Good Luck
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:41 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by landy_andy
Hi,

Air Transat now don't take animals as excesss baggage but they do still carry them as cargo. See my post here http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454999

Cheers,
Andy

PS... we still have a large Vari Kennel Deluxe for sale, PM for details.

Well what can I say? This site is brilliant and has saved me a grand
Thankyou all very much, if anyone wants to ship a pet to Canada give these guys a ring at Air Transat-

David or Mark on 01784 431831

Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

If your dog will weight less than 32 kg in his crate, cost is $250 with Air Canada
Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:14 am
Tea Drinker

Originally Posted by Robski
If your dog will weight less than 32 kg in his crate, cost is $250 with Air Canada
Yeah but have you seen AC's passenger prices compared to Air Transat ?
Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

Yes, that is definitely the down side