Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hi from a newbie on the way to Vancouver Island

Hi from a newbie on the way to Vancouver Island

Old Aug 31st 2007, 3:07 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from a newbie on the way to Vancouver Island

Originally Posted by rlogan
Good luck with your move. Im in the Southern Gulf Islands. I dont think Nanaimo is a very attractive place to live personally but then you may well find it so coming from where you do

Its a good place for shopping and buying cars though! And plenty of lovely places to go if you want to get out of the city.
Their are plenty of lovely places in the city, and some stunning views of the coast and mountains, lakes woodland, walking trails, parks, 2 skateing rinks, 3swimming pools one of which is a heated out door pool. And Nanaimo is currently under going a big improvement program. You would not get me to move out of this place, nor my kids they are loving it.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 3:14 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ellsie
Hi from C R in the north. Nearly the last bastion of civilization! Good to meet you
Good morning!! Was up your way last weekend, was raining most of the way, till we got close to C.R and then it was really warm and sunny. Looks like a nice place some great views.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sans
Their are plenty of lovely places in the city, and some stunning views of the coast and mountains, lakes woodland, walking trails, parks, 2 skateing rinks, 3swimming pools one of which is a heated out door pool. And Nanaimo is currently under going a big improvement program. You would not get me to move out of this place, nor my kids they are loving it.
yes ..i have to agree with this............i have lived in paradise in australia..beautiful beaches practicaly on my door step.....a city that met the ocean and had a beautiful harbour....etc

however i think Nanaimo is a pretty place...i love the view as the ferry is leaving, the open ocean, the mountains, and the sea life that you see. Also i noticed last time i was up there ( a couple of weeks ago) that they are doing some work on the inner outdoor mall area. My husband took me around it and i was realy impressed...lots of lovely eateries...and boutiqe shops etc....there was a band playing aswell. Also..it seems to be a fairly easy place to find your way around....i give it a big
Old Aug 31st 2007, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

emjh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi sans...my son is a little younger than your two at only 14 months!

Ski bunny- where are you from in Wirral? How long have you been in Victoria?

Hello to everyone else and thanks for welcoming me - perhaps now I will feel brave enough to venture over to some other boards/threads!
Old Aug 31st 2007, 5:21 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by emjh
Hi sans...my son is a little younger than your two at only 14 months!

Ski bunny- where are you from in Wirral? How long have you been in Victoria?

Hello to everyone else and thanks for welcoming me - perhaps now I will feel brave enough to venture over to some other boards/threads!
Just abit younger then
Old Aug 31st 2007, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

sabden tom is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Hi from a newbie on the way to Vancouver Island

Hi all,

I've just read this thread and it's fab to see lots of Northerners settling around Nanaimo. We're heading to Nanaimo too - if all goes to plan with those pesky visas

Can't wait!!! It's exactly what we want for our little boy (10 months). We got the OK from the Dr re meds, bloods and xrays so hopefully, it's just a case of PPR and visa's... so long coming but hopefully now only around the corner. Our house is on the market and I'm 'trying' to sort out the contents of the garage to get rid of some of our stuff.

Good luck to you all
Andrea
Old Aug 31st 2007, 11:58 pm
Robin

rlogan will become famous soon enoughrlogan will become famous soon enough

Anyone not eaten a Nanaimo Bar yet??
Old Sep 1st 2007, 12:04 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Just about the only thing i dont like here
Old Sep 1st 2007, 12:12 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Yuk
Old Sep 1st 2007, 12:12 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by sabden tom
Hi all,

I've just read this thread and it's fab to see lots of Northerners settling around Nanaimo. We're heading to Nanaimo too - if all goes to plan with those pesky visas

Can't wait!!! It's exactly what we want for our little boy (10 months). We got the OK from the Dr re meds, bloods and xrays so hopefully, it's just a case of PPR and visa's... so long coming but hopefully now only around the corner. Our house is on the market and I'm 'trying' to sort out the contents of the garage to get rid of some of our stuff.

Good luck to you all
Andrea
WOW!!! We will be able to have are very own Nanaimo meet ups Took about 3 mths for our PPR after meds, but that was this time last year .
Old Sep 1st 2007, 12:14 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by bananahammock
Yuk
Old Sep 1st 2007, 12:26 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

WOW!!! We will be able to have are very own Nanaimo meet ups Took about 3 mths for our PPR after meds, but that was this time last year .
So does that mean us 'Vicky Pollard' west country soundalikes aren't invited!!?
Old Sep 1st 2007, 12:34 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by bananahammock
So does that mean us 'Vicky Pollard' west country soundalikes aren't invited!!?
You live in Nanaimo dont you never entered my head that you wouldn't be the first through the doors Not sure about that rough lot, down sth of island tho
Old Sep 1st 2007, 5:24 am
...in these shoes?

ellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to behold

Good morning!! Was up your way last weekend, was raining most of the way, till we got close to C.R and then it was really warm and sunny. Looks like a nice place some great views.
You should have popped in for a cuppa!
Old Sep 1st 2007, 6:14 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by ellsie
You should have popped in for a cuppa!
Kettles always on in our house too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.