Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hi from a newbie on the way to Vancouver Island

Hi from a newbie on the way to Vancouver Island

Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

emjh is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hi from a newbie on the way to Vancouver Island

Hi all, thought it was time to say hello as have been getting loads of good tips and advice on here for the past few weeks. My husband, son and I are moving from Wirral, Uk to Nanaimo, BC in 3 weeks time. Hubby got a job last week so its all happening a bit fast and we have soooo much to do. We've both lived in Canada before so we know what we're getting into but neither of us have been to the Island before. Anyone else in Nanaimo? Am sure we will be missing British people/humour very quickly!!

Anyway hope to get some spare time to post a bit now that i've said hello but that might not happen until we're in Canada!!

Old Aug 30th 2007, 12:23 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from a newbie on the way to Vancouver Island

Originally Posted by emjh
Hi all, thought it was time to say hello as have been getting loads of good tips and advice on here for the past few weeks. My husband, son and I are moving from Wirral, Uk to Nanaimo, BC in 3 weeks time. Hubby got a job last week so its all happening a bit fast and we have soooo much to do. We've both lived in Canada before so we know what we're getting into but neither of us have been to the Island before. Anyone else in Nanaimo? Am sure we will be missing British people/humour very quickly!!

Anyway hope to get some spare time to post a bit now that i've said hello but that might not happen until we're in Canada!!

Hi emjh I'm in Nanaimo
Old Aug 30th 2007, 12:25 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, we're headed for Regina Sask but hello anyway
Old Aug 30th 2007, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

hello!..yes there are plenty of lovely people in Nanimo...freindly people..like the lady above..who has already posted!

the island is beautiful..and i love living here...i do not get up to nanaimo very often...but i have always found it lovely...and clean looking..with freindly people....

good luck to you and yours....also...if you post a message....on the general section you will reach more people..there is also and island thread...which you can find by clicking >>>> here

Last edited by Maple Leaf; Aug 30th 2007 at 3:20 am. Reason: i am dumb!! heheheee
Old Aug 30th 2007, 6:15 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
hello!..yes there are plenty of lovely people in Nanimo...freindly people..like the lady above..who has already posted!

the island is beautiful..and i love living here...i do not get up to nanaimo very often...but i have always found it lovely...and clean looking..with freindly people....

good luck to you and yours....also...if you post a message....on the general section you will reach more people..there is also and island thread...which you can find by clicking >>>> here
Blimey Maple ............. it's a long time since I've been called a lady!!
Old Aug 30th 2007, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bananahammock
Blimey Maple ............. it's a long time since I've been called a lady!!
heheeee...well it is better than ~madam~...don't you think..??

funny i still prefer to be called girl....even tho i am wayyy beyond girl years as such..but inside that is how i feel... ~ maybe it is fun loving attitude that keeps us young..? tho i can say at the moment i feel 100
Old Aug 30th 2007, 5:29 pm

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point

We moved here in May, a bit further up the Island to Comox Valley. It's a great place to be. Good luck and hope all goes well for you.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 12:51 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ....... We are here and luv it, you should fit right in coming from the nrth. How old is your son? i have 2 11yr olds.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 4:02 am
Woohoo! PR :D

SkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya

I am originally from the Wirral too and I live on Vancouver Island too now - in Victoria. Hopefully you will love it here - same nice sea and strange microclimate, but no scallies

Good luck with your last minute preparations and have a safe trip.

Old Aug 31st 2007, 6:23 am
Just Joined

emjh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi..thanks for saying hello! Nice to see(hear) there are other brits in Nanaimo/the Island and wow - someone else from Wirral! I'll check out the other thread and hopefully speak to you all soon.

Em
Old Aug 31st 2007, 7:06 am
...in these shoes?

ellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to behold

Hi from C R in the north. Nearly the last bastion of civilization! Good to meet you
Old Aug 31st 2007, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

emmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud of

Hi good luck with your move, we too are hoping to move to VI and the nanaimo area. We are still waiting going under sponsorship, nice to know there are a few northerners out there.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 9:49 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello and welcome..we are also going to Saskatchewan, Indian Head, hopefully, but good luck in your quest for immigration and enjoy the fun on here
Old Aug 31st 2007, 9:50 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
Hello, we're headed for Regina Sask but hello anyway
Lorna - I take it the meal ran on into the wee small hours or were you here looking for some comfort you poor thing
Old Aug 31st 2007, 2:45 pm
Robin

rlogan will become famous soon enoughrlogan will become famous soon enough

Good luck with your move. Im in the Southern Gulf Islands. I dont think Nanaimo is a very attractive place to live personally but then you may well find it so coming from where you do

Its a good place for shopping and buying cars though! And plenty of lovely places to go if you want to get out of the city.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.