Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Help I hate it here!!!

Help I hate it here!!!

Old Nov 12th 2011, 9:40 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help I hate it here!!!

Originally Posted by el_richo
Be careful of those hoodies, drunken teenagers, and the lack of opportunities out there
Nothing irritates me more than reading those two words, what recession.

grrrr
Old Nov 12th 2011, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

RRhodes is a name known to allRRhodes is a name known to allRRhodes is a name known to allRRhodes is a name known to allRRhodes is a name known to allRRhodes is a name known to allRRhodes is a name known to allRRhodes is a name known to allRRhodes is a name known to allRRhodes is a name known to allRRhodes is a name known to all

yes Millef it was the shake up we needed to think all we want is to be happy and reassessing that we are very happy back in the uk. If you wrote my situation on paper i was mad to leave the uk as i really do have everything here. I feel really at home here and am really excited about my future. No comments could have made up my mind but i have no regrets about what happened. I am very much enjoying things here and have no stresses at all.

We do think if it hadnt taken 4 years then a year to sell our house and then a further year we would have thought differently.Whats your situation?
Old Nov 12th 2011, 5:43 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, your post sounds so happy RRhodes! I NEVER wanted to go to Canada, but I have lived with a Canadian for the last 18 years, in the Middle East and for the last ten years in France - he too NEVER wanted to go back to Canada - but.... ten years ago we found out I was pregnant (a shock) and moved to France (I'd had a house here for ever) and married, and then he carried on being an airline pilot in, by then, North Africa, and I became a not so yummy, often bored, non-working mummy. Two years ago he was stabbed - the week before Christmas, in Charles de Gaulle airport, returning to us for the first Christmas in five years! He was badly injured, but is fine thank heavens. That's when we both looked at life and wondered - what if? You wonder who you are, what you value, and what you want for the future. I now realise that I have been quietly unhappy for some years. Now, we have changed. We are ready for Canada. We have something to give, we want to be there, and we feel it will work. I watched my son being confident and blossom in NB and he's always at the back of the queue here in France. I feel alive, I have lost 10 kgs, and feel like I've had a face lift, I haven't felt so positive about life for years as I'm smiling daily. I will, however, do my best to make sure that it continues in a positive fashion if I can. Sometimes though it's just so damned tiring keeping it all on an upbeat note. I have finally realised that I was unhappy where I was, and you have realised that you were happy where you originally were! Sometimes it's just a bit hard to see the woods for the trees! Very best of luck!
Old Nov 12th 2011, 7:35 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Londonuck

grrrr
What recession? I can honestly say i've not been affected. Yaaaay me!!!
Old Nov 12th 2011, 10:18 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
What recession? I can honestly say i've not been affected. Yaaaay me!!!
it is for times like that there should be a smug smilie
Old Nov 13th 2011, 2:15 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bali2010
it is for times like that there should be a smug smilie
This one's close.

Old Nov 13th 2011, 4:19 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
ooh yes, will have to remember that
Old Nov 14th 2011, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Londonuck

grrrr
+1

The media jumping on the word winds me up to no end.

I'm sure the media plays a good part in any modern recession. People about to go out and spend their money and thereby keep the economy going. The media then spouts the 'R' word like it's going out of fashion, so those people who were about to spend their money decide to keep hold of it, shops don't shift any goods, shops lay off staff, spiral downwards fueled by the media.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisparr
+1

I'm sure the media plays a good part in any modern recession. People about to go out and spend their money and thereby keep the economy going. The media then spouts the 'R' word like it's going out of fashion, so those people who were about to spend their money decide to keep hold of it, shops don't shift any goods, shops lay off staff, spiral downwards fueled by the media.
Well whether it's the media creating this or not it's not a nice situation to be in!
Old Nov 14th 2011, 11:55 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisparr
+1

Wouldn't "recession" be one word?
Old Dec 6th 2011, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

Lilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to all

Oh, yours is a typical response to landing in Ottawa in January (that was what the original post was dated). Poor numpty. Wait 'til June, perhaps it will look better.

Landing in Ottawa in January : that's a dream killer.