Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hello all! Looking for work in Nova Scotia

Hello all! Looking for work in Nova Scotia

Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Ontheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hello all! Looking for work in Nova Scotia

Truro planned to host the 2011 Winter games (but awarded to Halifax) but as a spin off has had civic developments approved.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ontheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud of

http://gov.ns.ca/news/

Search on "contracts" and you will find construction etc.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

grumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nice

Looking to sell your house quickly - then try housenetwork.co.uk. I can't recommend them highly enough.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

giantcake is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Hello all! Looking for work in Nova Scotia

wow! what a great response, thank you all for the help I will try those tips, looks like ive found a great site. thankyou.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice

Originally Posted by grumpyhaggis
Looking to sell your house quickly - then try housenetwork.co.uk. I can't recommend them highly enough.
Second that!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 5:20 am
...in these shoes?

ellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
Too right about the press. Good luck with the house. I will def be on here to report on the open house next month so watch this space.
Good luck with your open house. We did this when we were selling and got another family in the street to do the same which generated more interest. Because of the open house after we had dropped the price I ended up with 3 bidders! They bid it back up to where we started from! Hope it works for you
Old Apr 16th 2008, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

Originally Posted by grumpyhaggis
I'm glad I saw this today, I was going to post if anyone had ever used them as I spent all last night going throught the website and checking things out!
we were originally thinking of going FSBO on the private-sales sites but I think I like the look of this, for just a little bit more money getting effectively an estate agent to work for you and getting access to sites like rightmove, i just choke at the thought of having to pay an estate agent between 6 and 7.5k for writing up the details, taking some pics and throwing it all on a website (I especially hate agents who don't even accompany the viewings (if you get any!))

Good luck to everyone!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:44 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Just to say hi,it is a small world, we are in Bransgore, Christchurch!

We are looking to move to NS and are off on our first recce in May!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

giantcake is an unknown quantity at this point

Ha Ha! I pass through Bransgore every day to walk my dog. Small world. Good luck !
Old May 28th 2008, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

Originally Posted by thundercat600
I'm glad I saw this today, I was going to post if anyone had ever used them as I spent all last night going throught the website and checking things out!
we were originally thinking of going FSBO on the private-sales sites but I think I like the look of this, for just a little bit more money getting effectively an estate agent to work for you and getting access to sites like rightmove, i just choke at the thought of having to pay an estate agent between 6 and 7.5k for writing up the details, taking some pics and throwing it all on a website (I especially hate agents who don't even accompany the viewings (if you get any!))

Good luck to everyone!
We are using Housenetwork and currenty negotiating a sell where the buyer has also agreed to rent ouyr property back to us whilst we start looking for jobs in Canada. We too are based in Northants.
Old May 28th 2008, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

charlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Winston Green
Hi ontheboatout

Which games are they planning to host in 2011?

Cheers
the Canada Games, kind of like an inter provincial commonwealth games
Old May 28th 2008, 1:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Just had to add that if you do sell your house private (i.e. via Ebay) then you shouldn't have to pay your agents a penny! They should only charge if they introduce the buyer, so if they say they will then check your contract. And if there's something in the contract about them charging you their fee even if you find your own buyer then I'd switch agents personally as that's highly unscrupulous.

Also, one other tip (I'm a property finder so deal with buyers every day), don't include your furniture as it will actually put people off. It's highly unlikely that they will share the exact same taste as you and then they'll just see it as a hassle and something they have to get rid off when they first move in. By all means include carpets, curtains, etc, but don't bother with anything else as it might have the opposite effect from the one you intended!

Good luck, hope you get it sold soon.
Old May 28th 2008, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

Originally Posted by stokesey
We are using Housenetwork and currenty negotiating a sell where the buyer has also agreed to rent ouyr property back to us whilst we start looking for jobs in Canada. We too are based in Northants.
excellent news! can i ask whereabouts in northants you are?
how long was it before you got your offer?

we went "live" last Monday evening and have had 3 viewings so far but no takes as yet
Old May 28th 2008, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Homegrown has a brilliant futureHomegrown has a brilliant futureHomegrown has a brilliant futureHomegrown has a brilliant futureHomegrown has a brilliant futureHomegrown has a brilliant futureHomegrown has a brilliant futureHomegrown has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by giantcake
Hey everyone, just saying hi, we are going to live in Nova Scotia as soon as we find work. I am a counsellor, hubby a site manager for construction. Does anyone know of any contacts which may be helpful? thanks
EllisDon Corp. Halifax 902 422-4587
AECON [email protected] 902 429-9341

The above are two Ontario based companies that have offices in Halifax
and are involved in large projects.

J W Lindsey Ent. 902 468-5000 (Fairly large locally owned )
Dexter Construction 902 835-3381 (Road & infrastructure company)
Try these.
Old May 28th 2008, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

We are based in Wootton (NN4), we have provisionally accepted an offer 9.5% below advertised price, could hold out for more but with things as they are at the moment I want to sell and start moving things along.

I'm reluctant to begin applying for jobs etc until I know 100% that I'm in a position to do so. We are quite lucky in that we only have a small mortgage and a fair amount of equity to establish ourselves in Canada (if we ever get there!!)

Good luck all.

Stuart.

Originally Posted by thundercat600
excellent news! can i ask whereabouts in northants you are?
how long was it before you got your offer?

we went "live" last Monday evening and have had 3 viewings so far but no takes as yet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.