Hamilton???

Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:10 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hamilton???

Originally Posted by John_B
But disagreeing is often part of the fun. It's mostly harmless banter.
Mostly, but the mysterious BC15 posting personal details of others isnt on Im afraid.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:11 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
Steady on now Iain, you'll come a cropper with an attitude like that. Peace, tolerance and acceptance are the way forward into an inclusive, integrated future. Together, we can make things better.
I like you more and more, you sarky little bitch.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

Steady on now Iain, you'll come a cropper with an attitude like that. Peace, tolerance and acceptance are the way forward into an inclusive, integrated future. Together, we can make things better.
....for the children
Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:18 pm
The Pixies still Rule.

John_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iaink
Mostly, but the mysterious BC15 posting personal details of others isnt on Im afraid.
I wonder if BC15 is a proxy for a regular more well known user? A sudonym used to protect their normal on-line identity?
Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:20 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

How dare you speak of integration, you resident of the mean streets, you chooser of a neighbourhood where the rats have rickets and one is offered sex acts while picking through the grapes for one unnibbled by the homeless? How can you conceive of a future integrated enough to accomodate yourself, the hutch peddlar's victims, each the owner of a people mover, and the hermit, out in the wasteland with only the ghosts of equines for comfort on these brutal nights of September?
Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:23 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if BC15 is a proxy for a regular more well known user? A sudonym used to protect their normal on-line identity?
A "sock puppet" in webspeak.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:27 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
A "sock puppet" in webspeak.
No evidence of that. Just someone who pays attention is my guess.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:30 pm
Assimilated Pauper

No evidence of that. Just someone who pays attention is my guess.
Oh, I assume someone who took the "Where's the Best Place to live in Oakville?" thread to heart. Understandable really, it's hell when people don't properly honour your deep ogee baseboards.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:32 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Souvy
I like you more and more, you sarky little bitch.
Actually, I wasn't being totally sarcastic. I was wheeling out some well worn phrases from the ol' country. You know, Tony Blair-isms which are even funnier when the people they are directed at loathe him, and each other. Still, we all have to work together for a combined future of prosperity and peace.

Originally Posted by Tuppence
....for the children
F*** them, I need things to be better now....for me. The bloody children can work things out for themselves. It wasn't like this in my day you know, they have it all handed to them on a plate.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:36 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I assume someone who took the "Where's the Best Place to live in Oakville?" thread to heart. Understandable really, it's hell when people don't properly honour your deep ogee baseboards.
Ogee baseboards? I think not. Try crown moulding (OP, not you).
Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:38 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paularn
As a Torontonian I would stay away from Hamilton, it's always been a hole, my Aussie hubby calls it a shithole, he used to work there! But I have a few friends that live there, but it wasn't a place I would live in.

We just moved from Milton, absolutely loved it there!

As others have pointed out Burlington is a nice area, I would live there with no hesitation. I used to work there. I would also look at Stoney Creek and Waterdown and Dundas.

If you or he worked in one of the steel production areas, I would agree.. however, to generalise Hamilton as a hole is to do it a disservice.

Comments like that from someone who has never lived in Hamilton are not particularly useful to the OP.

Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:41 pm

How dare you speak of integration, you resident of the mean streets, you chooser of a neighbourhood where the rats have rickets and one is offered sex acts while picking through the grapes for one unnibbled by the homeless? How can you conceive of a future integrated enough to accomodate yourself, the hutch peddlar's victims, each the owner of a people mover, and the hermit, out in the wasteland with only the ghosts of equines for comfort on these brutal nights of September?
I cannot conceive of it, perhaps the grape nibbling folk have the right idea. It's not a supermarket...it's a free buffet. I just wish they wouldn't devour all the cherries and then spit the stones back into the bag.

This probably doesn't happen somewhere like Hamilton. The homeless people in the burbs would have to walk for miles through the industrial estates to get to the nearest supermarket.

Edited to add: I jest, I've been to Hamilton. It's alright, wouldn't choose to live there though.

Last edited by ireland2canada; Sep 9th 2010 at 1:43 pm.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:43 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

I cannot conceive of it, perhaps the grape nibbling folk have the right idea. It's not a supermarket...it's a free buffet. I just wish they wouldn't devour all the cherries and then spit the stones back into the bag.
Its more civilised than just spitting them on the floor I think
Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:50 pm

Its more civilised than just spitting them on the floor I think
D'ya think?

Stuff on the floor is often the result of a domestic dispute. I once reached for a packet of havarti cheese only to have to take evasive action to avoid a cantelope being flung at some wronger-doer.

Then there's the queue jumpers. The best way to deal with one of those is to grab items from their trolley and fling them along the nearest aisle. Needless to say there will be much shouting and the family of 12 will then shuffle off to retrieve their goods in shame.

Really, it's worth going along just for the entertainment.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:51 pm
The Pixies still Rule.

John_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to behold

You've cut me to the quick Mister. How dare you diss my base boards. They're a full 8 inches I'll have you know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.