Hamilton???

Old Sep 9th 2010, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

BC15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hamilton???

Originally Posted by dbd33
And you mine. My misreading was deliberate.
No, you misread:
That's what they call a city - lots of buildings and parks and roads and people. Just like London and New York
I cottoned on immediately to your avoidance of my suggestion that you try Burlington downtown.

Trouble with you <snip> is that you really are nowhere near as clever as you think you are. You bring to mind an old chinese proverb. This is the part that applies to you:
'A man who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool, shun him'

Cheers

Last edited by Sue; Sep 9th 2010 at 1:26 am. Reason: Name removed
Old Sep 9th 2010, 12:55 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BC15
No, you misread:
That's what they call a city - lots of buildings and parks and roads and people. Just like London and New York
I cottoned on immediately to your avoidance of my suggestion that you try Burlington downtown.

Trouble with you <snip> is that you really are nowhere near as clever as you think you are. You bring to mind an old chinese proverb. This is the part that applies to you:
'A man who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool, shun him'

Cheers
I'm not clever enough to see what you're getting at, that much I'll give you. Are you comparing Burlington downtown to London and New York?
Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:28 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

BC15 could you take a quick gander at rule 5 of the site rules, particularly the bit where it says "Anyone posting another members personal details without permission will have their posting privileges removed"

Thanks.

Sue
Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:30 am
The Pixies still Rule.

John_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to behold

The usual reason is to get more space. One gives up excitement for a garden and the ability to walk to most things.
I had plenty of excitement when I lived in London. I just didn't want to bring my kids up there. So I suppose to some degree that's true. Although not necessarily for the extra space, but it does come as a bonus.

And yet you're within the sprawl, it's all concrete until Pickering or Ajax or whatever it's called when you get past Scarborough.
I may be within the sprawl, but it doesn't feel that way. I'm a few minutes walk from the lake, I have the escarpment just down the road. I'm about 5 minutes drive from a provincial park. I can go skiing, rock climbing or mountain biking all within 30 minutes drive, or I can get the train downtown and go to the theater or opera. I think I have the best of both worlds here.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:32 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John_B
I think I have the best of both worlds here.
Good for you, then.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:46 am
The Pixies still Rule.

John_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to behold

Yes, I know where Burlington is, well vaguely, it's not so much a place as a continuation of the concrete, it kind of blurs into Brampton.

Can you imagine working there as well as living there? Perhaps building the tract housing or selling something from a strip mall? Ye Gods, that's a thought to make one question the wisdom of fleeing the arriving Khymer Rouge.
So you live in the middle of the country and prefer the the company of horses to people? Each to his own I suppose.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 2:11 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

I had plenty of excitement when I lived in London. I just didn't want to bring my kids up there. So I suppose to some degree that's true. Although not necessarily for the extra space, but it does come as a bonus.

I may be within the sprawl, but it doesn't feel that way. I'm a few minutes walk from the lake, I have the escarpment just down the road. I'm about 5 minutes drive from a provincial park. I can go skiing, rock climbing or mountain biking all within 30 minutes drive, or I can get the train downtown and go to the theater or opera. I think I have the best of both worlds here.
You would have to go back and read many of dbd33's posts which, if to be believed, will provide you with a flavour of the lifestyle he leads/has led. I don't suggest it's wrong, it's just different from that that most of us lead, IMO anyway.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 2:13 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

So you live in the middle of the country and prefer the the company of horses to people? Each to his own I suppose.
Some of my best friends are horses. They're often more interesting than suburb dwellers.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 2:35 am
The Pixies still Rule.

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Some of my best friends are horses. They're often more interesting than suburb dwellers.
Neahhhhhhhhh............. Steady boy!

Last edited by John_B; Sep 9th 2010 at 2:39 am.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 11:14 am
Assimilated Pauper

I do live in the middle of nowhere, yes. People vs. horses? Rather depends on the individuals.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 12:31 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

ALL OF YOUR OPINIONS ARE WRONG. Mine is the only one that is correct.

See how stupid that sounds? Cant you just agree to disagree
Old Sep 9th 2010, 12:52 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Leave them be. This is one of the best punch-ups we've had in ages.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Toronto, Canada - Darwin NT - Newcastle NSW - Toronto - Townsville QLD - Brisbane - Toronto
paularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud of

As a Torontonian I would stay away from Hamilton, it's always been a hole, my Aussie hubby calls it a shithole, he used to work there! But I have a few friends that live there, but it wasn't a place I would live in.

We just moved from Milton, absolutely loved it there!

As others have pointed out Burlington is a nice area, I would live there with no hesitation. I used to work there. I would also look at Stoney Creek and Waterdown and Dundas.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:06 pm
The Pixies still Rule.

But disagreeing is often part of the fun. It's mostly harmless banter.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:07 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Steady on now Iain, you'll come a cropper with an attitude like that. Peace, tolerance and acceptance are the way forward into an inclusive, integrated future. Together, we can make things better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.