HAD ENOUGH

Old Nov 13th 2012, 6:00 pm
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HAD ENOUGH

Originally Posted by Oink
I'm usually pretty rubbish at advice but you've accidentally stumbled on one area I have vast knowledge about. As was noted above, President's Choice has them (the little ones, but very good) or the No Frills shop (same company I think) has them on sale this week.Most other supermarkets will have them but the aforementioned ones seem to be the best (proper). I've only found the bigger (longer) ones at gourmet pastry shops.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
The OP could register as an RPN if she is not able to register as an RN.

Also go to M and Ms for sausage rolls, or President's choice. Can't do much about the newspaper though!
Buy a Kindle - apparently you can download all the British newspapers every day.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 6:50 pm
Up Your Kilt

Hawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh how threads wander off topic

Last edited by Hawk13; Nov 13th 2012 at 8:44 pm.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

beautiful050278 is an unknown quantity at this point

FOOD
Old Nov 13th 2012, 7:19 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
Buy a Kindle - apparently you can download all the British newspapers every day.
Download Calibre: http://calibre-ebook.com/

In calibre click Fetch News and scroll down to the language group you want e.g. English (UK). Click on that and a list of (currently) 36 options drops down. You then can opt to Schedule for Download or Download Now.

Calibre then processes the latest edition and you see a job running in the bottom right hand corner of the window, click on that for details - you can also type the newspaper of choice in the box.

Say for example you'd like to download the Independent.

You now have two options. Calibre must be open and running in both options.

1. Download now - This downloads the Independent to Calibre's library
or
2. If you want to download The Independent at say 7 a.m. each day you can also adjust the download to whichever time you like. This will also download to Calibre's library.

You can also go online here: https://webtoread.com/ and choose newspapers to download to an e-reader or alternatively via email:

News - United Kingdom
Birmingham post
Metro UK
Telegraph.co.uk
The Daily Mail
The Daily Mirror
The Guardian and The Observer
The Independent
The Observer
The Sun UK

Attached Thumbnails HAD ENOUGH-calibre-news.jpg  

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 13th 2012 at 7:23 pm.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 7:25 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
The OP could register as an RPN if she is not able to register as an RN.
What would be involved to do that?

I suggested in the other thread quickly training as a support worker if only for something to do and for the earning potential at the end, but if there is already an option there thats even better.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 9:17 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
What would be involved to do that?

I suggested in the other thread quickly training as a support worker if only for something to do and for the earning potential at the end, but if there is already an option there thats even better.
Sending of credentials, UK qualifications and experience to be assessed. Same as for RN except more likely to be accepted especially if not a degree RN.
Old Nov 15th 2012, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

hutchy100 will become famous soon enough

Another thing me moved from BC to AB and my wife who has been a canadian nurse for at least 10 years could not get a full time job so a nurse with 6 months experence in AB would get the job over her cause of union rules

Its pretty crazy how it works
Old Nov 16th 2012, 8:27 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siouxie
Download Calibre: http://calibre-ebook.com/

In calibre click Fetch News and scroll down to the language group you want e.g. English (UK). Click on that and a list of (currently) 36 options drops down. You then can opt to Schedule for Download or Download Now.

What is this Calbre? Is it any different from Newstand on Ipad? Are you able to see read the whole paper for free or is just a reader app where you pay for content?
Old Nov 16th 2012, 11:19 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
What is this Calbre? Is it any different from Newstand on Ipad? Are you able to see read the whole paper for free or is just a reader app where you pay for content?
I'm glad you asked that, because I've never heard of it either. Siouxie will tell us cos she's bloody brilliant!
Old Nov 16th 2012, 12:45 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
I'm glad you asked that, because I've never heard of it either. Siouxie will tell us cos she's bloody brilliant!
Lol, thanks for the vote of confidence!

It's a downloadable program for your computer. you can download newspapers for free, convert and catagorise books... this is what it says: http://calibre-ebook.com/about

calibre is a free and open source e-book library management application developed by users of e-books for users of e-books. It has a cornucopia of features divided into the following main categories:

Library Management
E-book conversion
Syncing to e-book reader devices
Downloading news from the web and converting it into e-book form
Comprehensive e-book viewer
Content server for online access to your book collection

I have been using it for a while.. I have to admit that newspapers aren't like reading them online or in print, but it's ok.

Have you checked whether the newspaper you want to read is online? You can check here:

http://www.onlinenewspapers.com/englanda-k.htm (hundreds!)

http://www.thebigproject.co.uk/news/#.UKZCwMWwX9w

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 16th 2012 at 12:49 pm.