HAD ENOUGH

Old Nov 12th 2012, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

dollydee1 is a jewel in the roughdollydee1 is a jewel in the roughdollydee1 is a jewel in the roughdollydee1 is a jewel in the rough
Default HAD ENOUGH

Really have had enough gone through all this for nothing, this country is meant to be crying out for nurses yet the process we have to go through to just get to the point of registration is disgraceful, I came here with the intention to start a new life, unfortunatly i am stuck here on a visitors visa as this is all I could obtain as my partner came in on an LMO. We have no funds so that I can return home to UK, and to top it all I am missing my morning crappy paper and sausage rolls

I felt that if i was going to sound off where better to do it than with my fellow expats
Old Nov 12th 2012, 8:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HAD ENOUGH

Sorry to hear you're so fed up.

Are you not eligible for a Spousal Open Work Permit?
Old Nov 12th 2012, 8:40 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Whinge Whinge Whinge...that is what we do best innit?

The whole "crying out for nurses" thing is an illusion. Do you know how many Canadian born, bred and trained nurses there are, that can't even get full-time gigs? I know quite a few

It's just one of numerous occupation sin Canada that is regulated. If you become registered and still can't find a job, you can always join the Military where you get a sign-on bonus

Originally Posted by dollydee1
Really have had enough gone through all this for nothing, this country is meant to be crying out for nurses yet the process we have to go through to just get to the point of registration is disgraceful, I came here with the intention to start a new life, unfortunatly i am stuck here on a visitors visa as this is all I could obtain as my partner came in on an LMO. We have no funds so that I can return home to UK, and to top it all I am missing my morning crappy paper and sausage rolls

I felt that if i was going to sound off where better to do it than with my fellow expats
Old Nov 12th 2012, 8:47 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Also sorry you are fed up - but did your research not show up anything about visitor visas / work permits / reassessing qualifications etc etc etc
Old Nov 12th 2012, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

dollydee1 is a jewel in the roughdollydee1 is a jewel in the roughdollydee1 is a jewel in the roughdollydee1 is a jewel in the rough

Thank you for all your words of support much appreciated
Old Nov 12th 2012, 8:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for all your words of support much appreciated
Hey, I tried! I was trying to check that your only option was a visitor visa, as it's unusual not to be eligible for a SOWP - I know that wouldn't make working as a nurse any easier, but at least you could get a job doing something to make your time easier until you've jumped through the hoops required for nursing.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

hutchy100 will become famous soon enough

To be fair my wife is a nurse in Canada and we was thinking of coming to England and she had to do a hell of a lot of tests and paperwork she even went though a english test so its not just Canada where its hard
Old Nov 13th 2012, 1:36 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hey, I tried! I was trying to check that your only option was a visitor visa, as it's unusual not to be eligible for a SOWP - I know that wouldn't make working as a nurse any easier, but at least you could get a job doing something to make your time easier until you've jumped through the hoops required for nursing.
The OP could register as an RPN if she is not able to register as an RN.

Also go to M and Ms for sausage rolls, or President's choice. Can't do much about the newspaper though!
Old Nov 13th 2012, 1:58 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
The OP could register as an RPN if she is not able to register as an RN.

Also go to M and Ms for sausage rolls, or President's choice. Can't do much about the newspaper though!
I'm usually pretty rubbish at advice but you've accidentally stumbled on one area I have vast knowledge about. As was noted above, President's Choice has them (the little ones, but very good) or the No Frills shop (same company I think) has them on sale this week.Most other supermarkets will have them but the aforementioned ones seem to be the best (proper). I've only found the bigger (longer) ones at gourmet pastry shops.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

SambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond repute

Loblaws has PC sausage rolls on sale this week (Ontario)
Old Nov 13th 2012, 3:50 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I'm usually pretty rubbish at advice but you've accidentally stumbled on one area I have vast knowledge about.
Oink, I can't tell you how much you have grown on me!
Old Nov 13th 2012, 4:25 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Safeway has them too on little polysterene trays and wrapped in plastic.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 5:42 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExKiwilass
Safeway has them too on little polysterene trays and wrapped in plastic.
Big ones or the little ones?

There's a shop in Granville Island market that does really nice ones but the girl at the counter gets really agitated when I don't don't want them heated up. But I get the last laugh as she can't charge me the HST that way.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 5:46 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

BIG ONES.

Also if the OP is in Vancouver the Valley Bakery makes them fresh and from scratch. With proper butter and flaky pastry.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 5:57 pm

On a somewhat related topic, I was in the market yesterday morning buying some sausages and there was little lad who had his faced pressed up against the glass counter imploring his mum to buy him a large pork pie. The stingy women was having none of it though, she bought some revolting looking pate instead. I rather suspect she was French.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.