Reload this Page >

Going back to England

Going back to England

Old Sep 1st 2007, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

The Lees is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Going back to England

Sorry to hear your news Mandi Moo.

We've been here for a little over a year which during times has been hell and it's only now that I have begun to feel like it's home.

Six months ago I was ready to go home. Our daughter was unsettled and struggling in school. I couldn't find a 'proper' full time job in spite of dozens of applications (still waiting for the outcome of an interview now in fact!), husband working all hours, and money...well don't even go there. Husband and son were fine but even our son had started to get a little stressed out.

Luckily going home was not a feasible option so I just had to give myself a kick up the proverbial and make everything as much fun as possible. It's tough to do it but this is our home now and that's that.

It does take time however cliched it sounds and you can't pick up from where you left off in the UK. It's not just work but friends, family routine..everything and it's starting all over again from scratch. However I just think in the long term...where will we be in five years time if we stay here or back at 'home'.

In the grand scheme of things a year is nothing and on the plus side children are fickle and our daughter can't wait to get back to school after the long summer break. I even have to remind her to call friends in the uk and to keep in touch as she is far too busy with her life here now.

Good luck!
Old Sep 4th 2007, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going back to England

Oh Mandi, I'm gutted for you, I've just read back through your pm's to me and you were so looking forward to going. I wish you all the best for settling back in the UK, it sounds like your hubby and son will settle easily, hope you do too. It must have been such a tough decision but at least you went and now know where you need to be, and at least you can return to Canada for holidays and know that, for you, the grass wasn't greener.

Hope you come back here and let us know how you have settled, or if you need some support then come here to voice worries that you can't voice elsewhere. A big (((((((hug)))))) to you, you probably could do with one.....