This forum!

Old Mar 11th 2006, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This forum!

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
Great minds think alike.

Mr. Glaswegian liked posting here right up until he got a much higher paying job and really started to settle. They no longer had too much to complain about and were in a position to give a lot of great advice to the newbies in Canada. However, they felt unappreciated so said good bye and good luck.

I'm sure they both are doing very well in Calgary - or else they would be back here complaining.

That's a shame.

I know it was around the end of March last year, I had not been on the site for a couple of weeks due to our move here, then when I returned they were no where to be seen!!!!

So Mr & Mrs Glaswegian if you are still reading this site, you are missed!!!!!! hope all is going well for you!!!!

Linda P
Old Mar 11th 2006, 5:55 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Linda P
That's a shame.

I know it was around the end of March last year, I had not been on the site for a couple of weeks due to our move here, then when I returned they were no where to be seen!!!!

So Mr & Mrs Glaswegian if you are still reading this site, you are missed!!!!!! hope all is going well for you!!!!

Linda P
They sent me several PMs around Christmas of 2004.... I don't feel that I am betraying them if I post their last message to me since they said as much on the forum .....

Here it is:

"2004 was a challenging year ... we reached th point of no return as immigrants ... we've faced up to cutting the cord and forgetting the UK.

2005 looks promising ... it's Alberta's 100th birthday, so it should be fun ... we'll also be starting the year with the intention of becoming Canadian citizens as quickly as we can!

I don't miss arguing with idiots on the forum ... how can you tell someone they don't know what they're talking about when the subject is the city they live in??

Anyway, have a great Christmas and a good New Year!

Doug, Ann & the boys"

... and one before that....

"We've been lurking on the forum for the last week and it's the same old questions, again, again and again.

We thought hard about the best place for us and it's Calgary.

The GTA is out - too expensive, too polluted, too crowded and the nuclear power stations don't make it any more attractive.

MrsG got a job in Calgary and I just turned down a management job in Ontario (I got more money out of my current employer, so I'm not too upset) ... from Jan 2005 we won't have the time to waste.

Have a happy Christmas!

G"

Last edited by oceanMDX; Mar 11th 2006 at 5:59 pm.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

McGrouch started his own forum - if anyone is interested in having a look please pm me and I will check and see if I bookmarked it.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Wild George will become famous soon enoughWild George will become famous soon enough

I guess I must be looking in the wrong isles...or I'm just crap at shopping, I've never found it!!!!!
Why would you assume I'm not in Bragg Creek???
We've been here 10ys. I do spend alot of time hidden in the trees and I must admit that a trip to Calgary is quite an event for me. [

QUOTE=Hangman]I take you aren't actually in Bragg Creek at the moment then?

Yes Marmite is readily available in I would guess virtually every Safeway, Superstore and Co-op in Calgary.

Cheers
Steve[/QUOTE]
Old Mar 11th 2006, 10:33 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wild George
I guess I must be looking in the wrong isles...or I'm just crap at shopping, I've never found it!!!!!
The best thing to do is to ask a clerk to show you the aisle in which they stock it.
Why would you assume I'm not in Bragg Creek???
I also wondered where you were located. Your signature said Bragg Creek, but in post #34 you said:

Can you really get Marmite over there????
Because you said "there," I wondered if you were posting from Canada.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, I am pleased things have worked out for them.

Linda P

They sent me several PMs around Christmas of 2004.... I don't feel that I am betraying them if I post their last message to me since they said as much on the forum .....

Here it is:

"2004 was a challenging year ... we reached th point of no return as immigrants ... we've faced up to cutting the cord and forgetting the UK.

2005 looks promising ... it's Alberta's 100th birthday, so it should be fun ... we'll also be starting the year with the intention of becoming Canadian citizens as quickly as we can!

I don't miss arguing with idiots on the forum ... how can you tell someone they don't know what they're talking about when the subject is the city they live in??

Anyway, have a great Christmas and a good New Year!

Doug, Ann & the boys"

... and one before that....

"We've been lurking on the forum for the last week and it's the same old questions, again, again and again.

We thought hard about the best place for us and it's Calgary.

The GTA is out - too expensive, too polluted, too crowded and the nuclear power stations don't make it any more attractive.

MrsG got a job in Calgary and I just turned down a management job in Ontario (I got more money out of my current employer, so I'm not too upset) ... from Jan 2005 we won't have the time to waste.

Have a happy Christmas!

G"
Old Mar 12th 2006, 6:52 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for that, I am pleased things have worked out for them.

Linda P
You are welcome Linda.

The Glaswegians were excellent posters with a great sense of humour who also knew a lot about a wide variety of topics revelant to this forum. I enjoyed reading their perspectives even though we disagreed on occasion. They stopped posting because a few idiots thought that they were know-it-alls and told them so. They are a big loss to this forum for sure.

Last edited by oceanMDX; Mar 12th 2006 at 7:10 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

You are welcome Linda.

The Glaswegians were excellent posters with a great sense of humour who also knew a lot about a wide variety of topics revelant to this forum. I enjoyed reading their perspectives even though we disagreed on occasion. They stopped posting because a few idiots though that they were know-it-alls and told them so. They are a big loss to this forum for sure.

Totally agree with you.

To Mr & Mrs Glaswegians

Old Mar 12th 2006, 7:11 pm
mañana is my busiest day

Totally agree with you.

To Mr & Mrs Glaswegians

By the way, I see that you are in Edmonton. I spent 7 years in Edmonton and 8 in Red Deer. How do you like Edmonton?
Old Mar 12th 2006, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

By the way, I see that you are in Edmonton. I spent 7 years in Edmonton and 8 in Red Deer. How do you like Edmonton?

We love it!!!!!!!! have done from day one! We arrived end of March last year, so we are close to our 1 year anniversary.

We are just in the process of sorting the paperwork out for PR via the PNP.

Linda
Old Mar 12th 2006, 8:28 pm
mañana is my busiest day

We love it!!!!!!!! have done from day one! We arrived end of March last year, so we are close to our 1 year anniversary.

We are just in the process of sorting the paperwork out for PR via the PNP.

Linda

That's nice to hear.... I'll bet your summer this year will be warmer with less rain than last summer which was exceptionally wet and cool. You will find that when you have a dry summer it will also be a hot one. If it's a rather wet summer, it will also be very cool.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 12:45 am
BE Forum Addict

That's nice to hear.... I'll bet your summer this year will be warmer with less rain than last summer which was exceptionally wet and cool. You will find that when you have a dry summer it will also be a hot one. If it's a rather wet summer, it will also be very cool.

We thought the summer was great, even though it was wet, well by Canadian standards anyway I know we have been spoilt this year as it is only now that we have snow!!! the last time we had rain was October!!!
I love it!!!!!

Linda
Old Mar 13th 2006, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

deangb is an unknown quantity at this point

Although I've been a member of this site for ages I seldom post, normally I'm happy with lots of the questions and answers there is normally no need!

I fully agree with Trish re some of the negativity and put downs, it does discourage people to ask questions. Even though I've spent many weeks in Canada, travelled to many places and experienced the different climates i still like to be as prepared as possible and like to know the simple things that help with such a big move.

My wife and I hope to attain our visas next March and fingers crossed move out in September '07. Lets hope when i post a question here I'm treated with the sort of friendliness I've encountered when in Canada!

Dean
Old Mar 13th 2006, 1:21 pm
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deangb
.. Lets hope when i post a question here I'm treated with the sort of friendliness I've encountered when in Canada! Dean
I'm sure you will be - and if not, there is always the 'Ignore' button.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Wild George will become famous soon enoughWild George will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the shopping advise Judy, I will be asking for assistance next time I am at the store. I still have not been able to find Marmite in the Super Store.
My original "Over There" post was in reply to Iaink from Ontario..over there meaning on the Eastern side of Canada
PS..Judy I love reading your posts, you are always polite articulate and extremely helpful.

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
The best thing to do is to ask a clerk to show you the aisle in which they stock it.
I also wondered where you were located. Your signature said Bragg Creek, but in post #34 you said:

Because you said "there," I wondered if you were posting from Canada.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.