Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

flying with canadian affair

flying with canadian affair

Old May 31st 2007, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: flying with canadian affair

Originally Posted by Arris
We've used them several times & will happily continue to use them, found the flights that are actually with 'My Travel' or 'Thomas Cook' fine.

Have already booked our flights (& reserved seats which is nice to be able to do) for when we fly over to do some more 'sorting' & planning for building our house.

We would recommend them, but then we haven't encountered any problems (hope it continues that way)

Arris
My Mum and Nan are flying with them on Saturday, remember also that they are now partnered with Air Transat, and although Air Transat may be known for there quebec snobiness and rude staff, there flights generally get there on time.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Iain Mc
This often comes up.

Bear in mind that Canadian Affair are a booking agent and not an airline.

Of the airlines that they book for, we have had least problems (and generally pleasant flights) with Thomas Cook, and most problems with MyTravel.

Accordingly, when we book through Canadian Affair we try to select the TCX flights rather than the MYT ones where possible.

We've had near-empty flights on a couple of occasions (can only assume these are positioning rather than market-driven), always coming back from Canada. These are absolutely brilliant if you're lucky enough to get one, especially when in "economy" you have a whole bank of seats to stretch/lie over and far more room than "premium" passengers.

We've also flown with Zoom, Air Transat, and Air Canada, and would select Thomas Cook by preference over all of them.

Cheers, Iain
Hi Iain
can you enlighten me with whats the difference between a TCX & a MYT flight.

Thanks
Old Jun 7th 2007, 9:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

High numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eastbound
Hi Iain
can you enlighten me with whats the difference between a TCX & a MYT flight.

Thanks
Just in case Iain misses your question

TCX=Thomas Cook Airlines
MYT=My Travel Airlines
Old Jun 8th 2007, 6:17 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandyrawlinson
i booked some flights with can affair, we payed about £350 a couple of months ago, these flights are about £250 now, just out of interest i thought id go through the booking process again, our flight going to vancouver is pretty full, however are return from calgary is pretty empty, being as this flight is only 3 weeks away, im getting a touch worried that the return flight will be cancelled.

can anyone reasure me that i aint got nothing to worry about and the return flight will go as scheduled.

anyone else had a flight with canaffair that was very empty??

cheers
Hi i have flown twice with Canada Affair and both times have been good experiances, the last time was end of April and that was the best plane i have ever been on, Flew from Manchester to Vancouver on an air transit plane and it was half empty even got free drinks on that one.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Canuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really nice

I would just like to add, I've just booked a flight to Vancouver with ZOOM, a little hic-cup during the online booking process, having emailed them with the problem, they rang me from Ontario here in the UK on my mobile twice (very surprised). I was unimpressed with their Glasgow office, but their personnel in Ontario more than made up for it.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by High numbers
Just in case Iain misses your question

TCX=Thomas Cook Airlines
MYT=My Travel Airlines
Hi
Thanks for that all is now clearer