Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

flying with canadian affair

flying with canadian affair

Old May 30th 2007, 10:39 pm
millymolly

mandyrawlinson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default flying with canadian affair

i booked some flights with can affair, we payed about £350 a couple of months ago, these flights are about £250 now, just out of interest i thought id go through the booking process again, our flight going to vancouver is pretty full, however are return from calgary is pretty empty, being as this flight is only 3 weeks away, im getting a touch worried that the return flight will be cancelled.

can anyone reasure me that i aint got nothing to worry about and the return flight will go as scheduled.

anyone else had a flight with canaffair that was very empty??

cheers
Old May 30th 2007, 11:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: flying with canadian affair

Originally Posted by mandyrawlinson
i booked some flights with can affair, we payed about £350 a couple of months ago, these flights are about £250 now, just out of interest i thought id go through the booking process again, our flight going to vancouver is pretty full, however are return from calgary is pretty empty, being as this flight is only 3 weeks away, im getting a touch worried that the return flight will be cancelled.

can anyone reasure me that i aint got nothing to worry about and the return flight will go as scheduled.

anyone else had a flight with canaffair that was very empty??

cheers
Never flown with them as I have heard too many scary stories about them from people that post on here
Old May 31st 2007, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

polarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud of

My Mum flies with them all the time and on a number of occasions has been on a virtually empty flight on the way back. She has had no problems at all.

We flew with them in September, economy to UK and Premium back to Canada. The only complaint I would have would be the flight departure time from Calgary - 3pm does not work when you are travelling with little ones and you are hoping they will sleep on the way home.

Only other complaint was that we asked for our stroller to be taken to the gate and returned at the gate. This did not happen either end and we ended up having to walk for miles with 3 kids in arms plus all their carryon toys.
Old May 31st 2007, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Canuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really nice

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Never flown with them as I have heard too many scary stories about them from people that post on here
Would you mind enlightening me regards probs with Can Affair as i'm just looking at booking a flight to Van next few days, I've flown with a number of other carriers to there before but never Can Affair?

Cheers
Old May 31st 2007, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The Vancouver Suburbs... for the next few years anyway!
The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of

I've flown with them 7 times in the last 6 years and some of those flights have been very empty. My parents flew with them last year and they changed their schedule and therefore their return flight...

I think they can be great but it depends on the luck of the draw! That said - Air Canada is a hell of a lot more and a way more crap airline!!
Old May 31st 2007, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Canuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really nice

I think they can be great but it depends on the luck of the draw! That said - Air Canada is a hell of a lot more and a way more crap airline!![/QUOTE]

I second that for sure!
Old May 31st 2007, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

We flew to Calgary a few weeks ago and the flight was almost full but on the way back it was over half empty. We were worried that it would be cancelled as we heard so many stories, but we had no problems, in fact we had so many spare seats around us we were able to sleep the whole way home (2 adults and 3 children).

The only problem is the size of the seating pitch. The staff aboard the aircraft were fantastic and could not have been more helpful.

Just relax and look forward to your trip.

Karla x x x
Old May 31st 2007, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond repute

This often comes up.

Bear in mind that Canadian Affair are a booking agent and not an airline.

Of the airlines that they book for, we have had least problems (and generally pleasant flights) with Thomas Cook, and most problems with MyTravel.

Accordingly, when we book through Canadian Affair we try to select the TCX flights rather than the MYT ones where possible.

We've had near-empty flights on a couple of occasions (can only assume these are positioning rather than market-driven), always coming back from Canada. These are absolutely brilliant if you're lucky enough to get one, especially when in "economy" you have a whole bank of seats to stretch/lie over and far more room than "premium" passengers.

We've also flown with Zoom, Air Transat, and Air Canada, and would select Thomas Cook by preference over all of them.

Cheers, Iain
Old May 31st 2007, 2:18 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

We have flown Canadian Affair a few times - always on time, never any trouble and has been quite empty on one occasion - we just got extra room. There are some amazingly cheap deals at the mo - return flights (from Calgary) with Air Transat can be under $500. Not sure why their so cheap... The girls in the office (Travel agent) are waiting for the airlines to put a fuel surcharge on as the fuel is so expensive at the moment, hasn't happened yet though.
Old May 31st 2007, 2:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canuck Fan
Would you mind enlightening me regards probs with Can Affair as i'm just looking at booking a flight to Van next few days, I've flown with a number of other carriers to there before but never Can Affair?

Cheers
You will need to do a search to find the problems (I am sure that there was one recently). I have never flown with them so can't really comment.
Old May 31st 2007, 2:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

High numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Iain Mc
This often comes up.

Bear in mind that Canadian Affair are a booking agent and not an airline.

Of the airlines that they book for, we have had least problems (and generally pleasant flights) with Thomas Cook, and most problems with MyTravel.

Accordingly, when we book through Canadian Affair we try to select the TCX flights rather than the MYT ones where possible.

We've had near-empty flights on a couple of occasions (can only assume these are positioning rather than market-driven), always coming back from Canada. These are absolutely brilliant if you're lucky enough to get one, especially when in "economy" you have a whole bank of seats to stretch/lie over and far more room than "premium" passengers.

We've also flown with Zoom, Air Transat, and Air Canada, and would select Thomas Cook by preference over all of them.

Cheers, Iain
I agree with Iain on this one as Canadian Affair are a booking agent. We have used them and the price is good but Mytravel in economy is only good if you are short and don't need leg room, it also helps not to be to wide as I find the seats to be narrow as well!

I recently flew with them to Vancouver and the flight was about half full and was lucky enough to have a row of 3 seats for me. On the way back I flew with Air Transat and they were very good and again I was lucky to get the exit seats so lots of leg room.

Check out each airlines website it should give details of seats and sizing. Good luck and enjoy your trip.
Old May 31st 2007, 3:49 pm
swoops

swoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to all

We used Canadian Affair this month when we flew to Vancouver with Air Transat both ways..If your over 6 ft I found there seat space are a bit of a squeeze but the price made up for the slight discomfort..two return tickets with taxes cost us at the time £550 on Canadian Affair...We found the service and food to be a good experience, even on the way out from the UK there were empty seats, the cabin staff went right through the plane and placed peeps in seats of there own which gave more room for others..We would use Canadian Affair again for sure...
Old May 31st 2007, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

fishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to behold

We've used them loads of times and for the price you pay you can't really fault them.
Old May 31st 2007, 4:09 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

One thing to remember with air flights is that just because a flight is empty it doesn't mean it would make sense to cancel it. Remember that plane will be needed at its destination for the flight back again and if that is fully booked then the plane still needs to get there empty or not.
Old May 31st 2007, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute

We've used them several times & will happily continue to use them, found the flights that are actually with 'My Travel' or 'Thomas Cook' fine.

Have already booked our flights (& reserved seats which is nice to be able to do) for when we fly over to do some more 'sorting' & planning for building our house.

We would recommend them, but then we haven't encountered any problems (hope it continues that way)

Arris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.