Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Flying 29/09 yay!

Flying 29/09 yay!

Old Sep 6th 2013, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

Sampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really nice
Default Re: Flying 29/09 yay!

I rang my vet n this is what they advised me, but I need to double check with defra. We've had:- microchip (u can get this done for free with dogs trust at the moment, instead of paying 15-30 for it)
We've had the rabies jab
Tapeworm tablet
And his 1st jab and his second next week- these jabs are the ones they are supposed to have every so often. But I let ours slip so he had to have the full course all over again (my dog hates me! Poor bugga has had to have one after the other in the last 2 weeks)
And a pet passport/ I believe this is the same thing as health certificate or being signed off as having good health, from what I understand people call it different things it all gets confusing!!

I haven't found out yet where the drop off for pets in gatwick is yet, I think I remember reading on face book that its at the check in. I double check that now.
Old Sep 6th 2013, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

angeljaye is a jewel in the roughangeljaye is a jewel in the roughangeljaye is a jewel in the roughangeljaye is a jewel in the roughangeljaye is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Sampace1983
I rang my vet n this is what they advised me, but I need to double check with defra. We've had:- microchip (u can get this done for free with dogs trust at the moment, instead of paying 15-30 for it)
We've had the rabies jab
Tapeworm tablet
And his 1st jab and his second next week- these jabs are the ones they are supposed to have every so often. But I let ours slip so he had to have the full course all over again (my dog hates me! Poor bugga has had to have one after the other in the last 2 weeks)
And a pet passport/ I believe this is the same thing as health certificate or being signed off as having good health, from what I understand people call it different things it all gets confusing!!

I haven't found out yet where the drop off for pets in gatwick is yet, I think I remember reading on face book that its at the check in. I double check that now.
Thanks :-) just had rabies jab done, no mention of tapeworm tablet, guess I'll look into that & got microchip already. Now, my vet said they do passport & Fit to Fly form is obtained from airline if going in hold or pet transport company arrange it... Funny how we all get different info... Confusing, but thanks for your advice so far :-)
Old Sep 6th 2013, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Sampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really nice

Yer that's what I mean, everyone say something different. The tapeworm tablet was only 3.99 so I just thought well he hasn't had it in she's night as well!! I don't think they need it, just like I read now, doesn't need a micro chip , but iv also read he doesn't need a rabies jab, best off asking airline!
Old Sep 6th 2013, 11:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angeljaye
LMO .... Labour market what? Haven't heard of this one... & I need to take a copy of this?? Help, lol
A copy of OHs work permit is sufficient.
Old Sep 7th 2013, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angeljaye
Know what you mean, they are pricey but i m worried about the stress on the day of sorting the dog out first. I read on Air Canada's site that the drop off for pets isn't necessarily at the airport, & whilst I haven't researched yet where it is I can't imagine trailing us all around London then to airport. Have you any more info on this? Would you mind running through what you've done to get dog ready to go. I've read.. Rabies jab, passport & fit to fly certificate... Anything else? :-)
My husband flew out of heathrow with our dog in June. The dog was booked in as excess baggage and he just took her to the regular check in desk. Ring Air Canada and they will explain it to you. Make sure to book the dog in as early as possible so it is guaranteed on the same light. My husband had to have his work permit issued on arrival at Vancouver and they looked after the dog until he cam through.
It is much easier than you think!
Old Sep 7th 2013, 1:53 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

I think LMO means Labour Market Opinion
Old Sep 7th 2013, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

angeljaye is a jewel in the roughangeljaye is a jewel in the roughangeljaye is a jewel in the roughangeljaye is a jewel in the roughangeljaye is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Tootlepootle
My husband flew out of heathrow with our dog in June. The dog was booked in as excess baggage and he just took her to the regular check in desk. Ring Air Canada and they will explain it to you. Make sure to book the dog in as early as possible so it is guaranteed on the same light. My husband had to have his work permit issued on arrival at Vancouver and they looked after the dog until he cam through.
It is much easier than you think!
Hi, & Yes, that does make it sound really easy & must be much cheaper than than the £1200 I've been quoted with Air pets & I only have a mini schnauzer!
Thanks for posting