Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Flying 29/09 yay!

Flying 29/09 yay!

Old Sep 6th 2013, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Sampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really nice
Default Flying 29/09 yay!

Just wondering if anyone else is flying on the 29th September from gatwick. I can't wait!! Husband already there me our toddler and dog are all nearly sorted and ready to leave!
Old Sep 6th 2013, 7:55 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flying 29/09 yay!

Originally Posted by Sampace1983
Just wondering if anyone else is flying on the 29th September from gatwick. I can't wait!! Husband already there me our toddler and dog are all nearly sorted and ready to leave!
Exciting!

Make sure you have a signed letter from your husband giving consent for you to take your child to Canada (he can write it, scan and email it to you) as they may ask for one. Bring a copy of his LMO, TWP and Contract and a scanned copy of his passport too.

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 6th 2013 at 10:20 pm.
Old Sep 6th 2013, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

Sampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really nice

Thanks.
I was going to ask, my husband is picking us up from the airport, can he come to the immigration but with us?
Old Sep 6th 2013, 8:50 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
I was going to ask, my husband is picking us up from the airport, can he come to the immigration but with us?
No, unfortunately not. You can tell the Border Service Agency Officer that he is waiting outside for you though - just in case they have any questions.

Old Sep 6th 2013, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Ok. Thanks very much for the help!
Old Sep 6th 2013, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

angeljaye is a jewel in the roughangeljaye is a jewel in the roughangeljaye is a jewel in the roughangeljaye is a jewel in the roughangeljaye is a jewel in the rough

Hi, good luck with your move, I'm a step or two behind you.. Hubby goes on 21st/9 & I follow with 2 kids & dog 1st week Nov. Where are you moving too? & how are you taking your dog? I'm finding the whole doggy thing quite stressful so far!
Old Sep 6th 2013, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by angeljaye
Hi, good luck with your move, I'm a step or two behind you.. Hubby goes on 21st/9 & I follow with 2 kids & dog 1st week Nov. Where are you moving too? & how are you taking your dog? I'm finding the whole doggy thing quite stressful so far!
I fly to Calgary but we're be living in edmonton. Lol I agree the whole doggy situation is very stressful! We only got a little chihuahua, I actually haven't booked his ticket yet, have to make sure the apartment we want to rent will accept him. Which part of CA will you be living in?
Old Sep 6th 2013, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

angeljaye is a jewel in the roughangeljaye is a jewel in the roughangeljaye is a jewel in the roughangeljaye is a jewel in the roughangeljaye is a jewel in the rough

My move has come about really quick so I'm a real newbie to all this. Find more & more info every time I'm online which is fab but not getting all the obviously important abbreviations.... Note pad to hand... So what's a LMO & a TWP ??
Thanks
Old Sep 6th 2013, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

Lol I'm still getting to grips with all the jargon too! TWP is tempeary work permit and LMO is labour market...um opening (I'm not 100% on that o buy !) correct me if I'm wrong!!
Old Sep 6th 2013, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

We're moving to Montreal... & no, don't speak a word of French! Lol
How are you taking your dog, cargo with you or an air pet arrangement?
I'm currently pricing up.. Air pets expensive & worried I'll have enough on my plate without having the dog with us on the same flight .
Old Sep 6th 2013, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

I'm sorting the dog myself. I don't really get the point of them pet service companies anyway, cos you still have to make sure he has all his jabs before hand. If he hasn't already had them. So u might as well pick up the rest of the papers/pet passport at the same time. My dad is dropping us off to the airport. So I'll have help with my son and the dog and the luggage. I'm sure I'm probably thinking its easier than what it actually is! Iv prob missed some sort if vital bit if info!
Old Sep 6th 2013, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

LMO .... Labour market what? Haven't heard of this one... & I need to take a copy of this?? Help, lol
Old Sep 6th 2013, 10:57 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

You want to talk to Former Lancastrian, he's a border service officer and knows everything about that. Welcome, (in advance), to Canada!
Old Sep 6th 2013, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Prob want to check this with someone else cos there are so many different routes getting into Canada. I know what it is, but I'm not very good at explaining. Sorry!
Old Sep 6th 2013, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Flying 29/09 yay!

I'm sorting the dog myself. I don't really get the point of them pet service companies anyway, cos you still have to make sure he has all his jabs before hand. If he hasn't already had them. So u might as well pick up the rest of the papers/pet passport at the same time. My dad is dropping us off to the airport. So I'll have help with my son and the dog and the luggage. I'm sure I'm probably thinking its easier than what it actually is! Iv prob missed some sort if vital bit if info!
Know what you mean, they are pricey but i m worried about the stress on the day of sorting the dog out first. I read on Air Canada's site that the drop off for pets isn't necessarily at the airport, & whilst I haven't researched yet where it is I can't imagine trailing us all around London then to airport. Have you any more info on this? Would you mind running through what you've done to get dog ready to go. I've read.. Rabies jab, passport & fit to fly certificate... Anything else? :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.