Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Flight canceled

Flight canceled

Old Sep 23rd 2008, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

jimbognr is a jewel in the roughjimbognr is a jewel in the roughjimbognr is a jewel in the roughjimbognr is a jewel in the rough
Default Flight canceled

Hi, had a call off canadian affair today informing me air transat are not flying to edmonton after the 24 september so ive had my flight on the 15 october from gatwick canceled , so now i have to fly out calgary on the 16 and get a flight from there to edmonton at no extra cost tho, i just new everything was going to much to plan, has this happened to any others over the last few days?
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

babsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flight canceled

Air Transat are starting to cancel flights? The start of things to come...better to pay the extra and go BA/AC if you want a direct flight. Air France/KLM seem to be the cheapest atm which is who I am going with in November.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 7:42 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jimbognr
Hi, had a call off canadian affair today informing me air transat are not flying to edmonton after the 24 september so ive had my flight on the 15 october from gatwick canceled , so now i have to fly out calgary on the 16 and get a flight from there to edmonton at no extra cost tho, i just new everything was going to much to plan, has this happened to any others over the last few days?
Get used to it. I've just spent the morning in a conference where there were several talks related to the commercial aerospace business.

Not pretty.

Don't even consider booking with Alitalia.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

kiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant future

Oh dear do I feel a touch of dejavue coming on
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 8:36 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Is this the end of cheapo flights to Canada? I'll never see my family again Or do I mean

Old Sep 23rd 2008, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

zoec is an unknown quantity at this point

I booked a flight today, going to Toronto in January, with Air Canada for £343. So actually sometimes you can get better deals with the better airlines and not have to risk your flight being cancelled, have far better service, better baggage etc. Whereas with the budget airlines,sometimes i find they can be more expensive its just noone bothers to check them out!
Old Sep 24th 2008, 2:23 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

This theory that only low cost airlines cancel flights is rubbish. last time Ben was in New York , AC cancelled the flight he was meant to be on and the two after it. The air canada flight from kingston to pearson tonight has been cancelled as has the Hellas flight from Cologne to Schipol, as have many other flights today I expect.

What happened to zoom was bad , some airlines are having a tough time of it , but can we please stop shouting " the sky is falling" everytime a flight is cancelled? We are actually in danger of self fulfilling prophecy here, tell people that an airline is on shaky ground , people will stop booking and then the airline will find themselves in genuine trouble
Old Sep 24th 2008, 2:44 am
C'est correck

Canada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by zoec
I booked a flight today, going to Toronto in January, with Air Canada for £343. So actually sometimes you can get better deals with the better airlines and not have to risk your flight being cancelled, have far better service, better baggage etc. Whereas with the budget airlines,sometimes i find they can be more expensive its just noone bothers to check them out!
We flew over with AC as it was the cheapest option after counting in extra AT baggage charges. Another difference with AC is that, in theory at least, if your flight is cancelled they'll sort you out a different routing. I'm not sure the low cost will be so accommodating.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 2:55 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canada2006
We flew over with AC as it was the cheapest option after counting in extra AT baggage charges. Another difference with AC is that, in theory at least, if your flight is cancelled they'll sort you out a different routing. I'm not sure the low cost will be so accommodating.

the fact that the OP is flying out on an alternative flight kind of puts paid to that theory doesn't it ? It may be true that larger companies such as AC may have more flights and therefore BETTER alternatives to offer you , but the status of an airline , lowcost or not , has no bearing on their legal responsibilities to you
Old Sep 24th 2008, 3:35 am
C'est correck

Canada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
the fact that the OP is flying out on an alternative flight kind of puts paid to that theory doesn't it ? It may be true that larger companies such as AC may have more flights and therefore BETTER alternatives to offer you , but the status of an airline , lowcost or not , has no bearing on their legal responsibilities to you
I think that Ryanair (although they don't fly to Canada) just give you back your money if the cancel your flight? (I could be wrong here....)

I still think you have better security with an "established" carrier.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by zoec
Better service with Air Canada....... to date, they are the worst we have ever flown with. Swore we would only fly with them again if the price was a deal.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

we are flying with canadian affair, which i beleive we are going on a thomas cook plane hope this will be ok
Old Sep 24th 2008, 10:17 am
The Green Engine

SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Canada Dreams
we are flying with canadian affair, which i beleive we are going on a thomas cook plane hope this will be ok
I flew with TC via CA in 2005, planes are OK, but legroom isn't great. Also if you are flying in winter and you are in the window seat take a pair of sunglasses. After 4+ hours of flying over snow the eyes get rather tired, and the stewardesses can be funny about you closing the window covers for some reason.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Big Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kiddy2ns
Oh dear do I feel a touch of dejavue coming on
I'm starting to get that sickening feeling!! Flying to NS on the 21st with Air Transat....hopefully!!
Old Sep 24th 2008, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

best of luck all. fingers crossed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.