Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

First snow on the mountain!

First snow on the mountain!

Old Dec 3rd 2007, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: First snow on the mountain!

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules
Ah you have it easy, I have two daughters! Now thats difficult.

Father of daughters pre going out discussion
Where are you going? Who will be there?
I don't want you to have a goodtime, be back by 10:30, and you are not going out looking like that, put some clothes on!

Father of sons pre going out discussion
Where are you going?
What time will you be back?
Here's $20 have a good time...
haa pretty tyical huh!!!!!
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden
We had a few flurries finally, and the kids are over the moon!!

They went on, and on, about not wanting to wear snow pants for school, then they realised that at recess, the other kids in snow pants are sliding down a tiny little hill in the playground, and you can't do it without the snow pants. So now the snow pants have been recognised as the greatest invention ever - it's like sledging without the need for a sledge

The snow shoveling though, man, the neighbours must have enjoyed watching me do that. Our drive has big ridges in it and I would get on a roll moving the snow and then I would smash into one, I am hoping I get better at it

This is the the house we are renting, our street and the back yard before the kids got on the slides!
same here!!! the snow pants at school thing happened here aswell!!!..LOL..now that is funny!!!

what isn't funny is a girl broke her leg..and a boy broke his collarbone..so now the school is thinking of changing to a sledding FREE zone!
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
This was Saturday, in Black Creek near Mount Washington at my brothers places, (properties next door to each other).

They say that this kind of snow, to this depth and that lasts for this length of time, only comes every 5 - 10 years.
we had that at our place....now it is all gone..rain and higher temps...melted it!..much to the kids dismay.

we went to nanaimo on saturday...were a few flurries..came out of the mall about an hr later..and it was full on snow...car was covered...had to buy a car scraper..as we left ours at home!
Attached Thumbnails First snow on the mountain!-008.jpg   First snow on the mountain!-029.jpg   First snow on the mountain!-041.jpg  
Old Dec 4th 2007, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden
Printer, you've got a lovely view!!

Maple Leaf, wow, my boys are 11 and 9 and my goodness I can understand what you are going through.

My 11 year old is very focused on how he is looking to the ladies right now In fact we went in to meet with his teacher a few weeks back to check on his progress, because they did Spanish in Texas and he's not done French, and we were concerned about him catching up etc.

However, the teacher was keen to tell us the effect his presence was having on the girls in the class. Apparently there has been a playground scuffle as the girls have been tripping the boys when playing football, in some kind of effort to get his attention.

She said he was easy on the eye, but that she got the impression that he was beginning to realise that - God help me

gawd i am sure you will be able to relate to this..

i went shopping today..oh very clever i am ..thinking wow look at all these t-shirts...my sons size.on sale!..at a good reduced price...i am thinking...he will love em!!!

but does he...oh noooo wayyyyyy!!!.....first words....i am NOT wearing anything that has nature on it!..my girlfreind won't like it either!!!.

.i am like what the..???

he says..well if i don't like..she won't like it..

.i am like..well hold on you said your split up!...

he is like..oh no i wore my lucky pants today..she said looked they looked
cool! and are we still dating>????

i am like...thinking..oh my gawwwd..sooooooo

now he won't wear the bargain clothes....and the so said..*lucky* pants are in the washing machine to be washed to be worn tomorrw..oh and he has informed he isnt' getting a hair cut ever again..cos SHE likes long hair!!!!

Lord help me...LOLOLOL
and all this at age 9!!!...LOLOLOL