Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Election - what does it mean ?

Election - what does it mean ?

Old Sep 19th 2008, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Chi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to all
Default Re: Election - what does it mean ?

I'm just on my way out to the airport, but I had a few minutes to spare and read the rest of the on topic postings (I skipped the juvenile stuff) and I can see that people have actually started to sensibly discuss our election and the policies of our political parties.

That's great, regardless of how you finally vote, as at least it will be based on some research and some real facts about Canadian politics.

Have a nice weekend, I certainly will.

ciao
Old Sep 19th 2008, 5:37 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chi_Nook
I'm just on my way out to the airport, but I had a few minutes to spare and read the rest of the on topic postings (I skipped the juvenile stuff) and I can see that people have actually started to sensibly discuss our election and the policies of our political parties.

That's great, regardless of how you finally vote, as at least it will be based on some research and some real facts about Canadian politics.

Have a nice weekend, I certainly will.

ciao
Thank you for your good wishes. I thought I'd devote the weekend to composing articles for you to pretend to ignore.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 5:48 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
To all effects and purposes ONTARIO DOES NOT HAVE A PNP

It has a "pilot program", introduced maybe 18 months or two years ago now, with very narrow job fields (mainly medical IIRC)

To talk about "Ontarios PNP" is very misleading. As far people applying for residence in Canada go, it might as well not exist.

PNPs overall account for only what, less than 5% of all migration?... Thats the problem. Ontario maybe doesnt suffer too badly as its the premier point of arrival for all the people with skilled worker visas who applied to come to Canada 5 or 6 years ago or whatever the wait is now, but the lack of a PNP isnt helping any either.
We have already agreed that Ontario doesn`t have a proper PNP program but point being, if the PNP program is going to work then surely Ontario needs to implement a proper PNP program because this is the economic centre of Canada with the ability to absorb a very large amount of these PNP applicants and to meet the needs of the province. Point being as stated above on a previous thread some PNP programs are fairly clear whereas others are often vague which is of no real help to a potential PNP applicant.

The 5% of migration that you mention is going to be increased if greater quotas are given to PNP.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 5:55 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chi_Nook
Jeez, thanks for saving us from ourselves...

Oh, hang on, it seems we were doing just fine for the first 55 posts in this thread before some frothing loon sent us careering off the rails with a one sided sycophantic homage to Steven Harper...
Old Sep 19th 2008, 6:47 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Excellent, ta. Is the Fullers potable? It isn't in Ottawa's E&C.
Is that the E&C on King West? It was closed for refurb a couple of weeks back, don't know if it's reopened yet (I would pop down and take a look, but I'm not in the office today). Fullers is/was quite acceptable.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 7:18 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Is that the E&C on King West? It was closed for refurb a couple of weeks back, don't know if it's reopened yet (I would pop down and take a look, but I'm not in the office today). Fullers is/was quite acceptable.
Nope. Yonge/Gerrard.

However, if need arose, I could find King West.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 7:19 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
I think there are two. I think the one he's talking about is closest to the Sutton Place.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 9:28 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I think there are two. I think the one he's talking about is closest to the Sutton Place.
Are you buggers planning a pint of Fullers in my absence? I'll morder yus'all!

<checks travelocity for cheap flights>
Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:14 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Are you buggers planning a pint of Fullers in my absence? I'll morder yus'all!

<checks travelocity for cheap flights>
We'd get pretty bloody thirsty if we waited for the end of your Grand Tour!
Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:48 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I have to admit that you have a point there. Ah, well, I'll just have to stick with Jever Pils and the Paulaner Krystalweissen. Enjoy the Fullers.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:56 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
Don't mention grand tours. I've got to haul myself down to Vegas tomorrow for a conference I don't want to go to.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 4:35 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Don't mention grand tours. I've got to haul myself down to Vegas tomorrow for a conference I don't want to go to.
Make it worth the trip, go and fire a machine gun.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 6:53 pm
Born again atheist

There's no need to pretend with us. Keep that crap for souvette.