Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Digital passport photos in Vancouver for UK passport

Digital passport photos in Vancouver for UK passport

Old Feb 10th 2020, 4:29 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Digital passport photos in Vancouver for UK passport

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Thanks - I didn’t feel like handing them/sending them my Canadian passport. ....
You're welcome
... Extra question: you said above that you sent yours in the UK. I’m guessing I could do the online stuff and then within a week or so after a arrive in the UK send my passport back within the UK and then wait for it to arrive back in Canada? Probably save a bit of money on courier fees and Royal Mail track and trace has always been reliable...
Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what I did - saved a bit on courier fees and less to worry about the application get lost internationally.
Old Feb 10th 2020, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Awain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond repute

I applied for my sons first British passport from Canada. We uploaded the photos and then nominated someone to certify them, can't remember the exact rules but pretty much any professional person that's known you for a few years can be nominated. It was a very simple process and you can do the same for renewals.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

You have to send a copy of every page of your CAN passport if I'm not mistaken. At least I did for my kids.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 1:17 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
You have to send a copy of every page of your CAN passport if I'm not mistaken. At least I did for my kids.
You're "supposed" tom but see post #14 above - there is no way for that "requirement" to be enforced and not complying doesn't seem to delay issuance of a new passport.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 4:10 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
I understand then wanting a copy of bio page but to ask for every page, blank or not sounds like they want to be nosy and see where you have been travelling to.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 2:04 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I understand then wanting a copy of bio page but to ask for every page, blank or not sounds like they want to be nosy and see where you have been travelling to.
I think that was the keeping tabs on than BiP mentioned.
Know what it reminds me of?

I saw it in Phil Redmond's "County Hall" but it's probably been in other things. New kid in office was sent to "photocopy this sheet" with a high number of copies to be made but he saw it was blank. It was explained that it was needed for the back page for multiple reports to be issued and it protected the last printed page from getting dirty.

It makes you wonder if the people in the passport office are just going to be having a good laugh at the number of copies of blank sheets they get.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 4:33 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

It's to ensure that you have been honest and that you don't have any stamps in your passport excluding you or stating you overstayed. By having to include every blank page there is no chance that you have removed or hidden anything.

Last edited by Siouxie; Feb 11th 2020 at 4:46 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 4:40 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
It's to ensure that you have been honest and that you don't have any stamps in your passport excluding you or stating you overstayed. By having to include every blank page there is no chance that you have removed or hidden anything.
I’m not being asked my travels in the application, if this was a NEXUS renewal I might understand it

I still think it’s not needed. However I will scan the pages and put 3-4 on each page (to save on paper and ink)

Last edited by Siouxie; Feb 11th 2020 at 4:45 pm. Reason: woops, edited wrong post.. meant to edit mine
Old Feb 11th 2020, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Why would being excluded from another country, or overstaying in another country, have anything to do with a British citizen having having their British passport renewed?