Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Digital passport photos in Vancouver for UK passport

Digital passport photos in Vancouver for UK passport

Old Feb 8th 2020, 3:07 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Digital passport photos in Vancouver for UK passport

Does anyone in/around Vancouver know anywhere that’s doing the digital photos for online UK passport renewals?

I am planning to go back to the UK around May time and I was looking at getting the photos done then (in a booth) with the digital code but then I read the photos have to have been taken within the last month.

Old Feb 8th 2020, 3:43 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Digital passport photos in Vancouver for UK passport

You realise, or perhaps not, that there is no way to tell when the photos you submit were taken?

Obviously you shouldn't be using photos taken when you were 18, but by the time I finally got around to mailing my passport application the photos were about a year old, and there was no delay at all ... my new passport arrived back on the eighth day - it was mailed in from the UK on Tuesday, but received by me in the US on the Wednesday of the following week.
Old Feb 8th 2020, 4:04 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
You realise, or perhaps not, that there is no way to tell when the photos you submit were taken?

Obviously you shouldn't be using photos taken when you were 18, but by the time I finally got around to mailing my passport application the photos were about a year old, and there was no delay at all ... my new passport arrived back on the eighth day - it was mailed in from the UK on Tuesday, but received by me in the US on the Wednesday of the following week.
Well I thought about it and I know printed photos would not have the date on them but the digital ones I’m not sure as there is a code on them that you input into the application online...
Old Feb 8th 2020, 4:23 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Well I thought about it and I know printed photos would not have the date on them but the digital ones I’m not sure as there is a code on them that you input into the application online...
You might be right about digital ones.
Old Feb 8th 2020, 4:28 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Depending on how long you are going for, you could get your photos done in the UK and then apply with them once you got back to Canada.
Old Feb 8th 2020, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

I was planning on taking my own photo and downloading it - is that an option for you?
Old Feb 8th 2020, 9:27 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twitcher1958
I was planning on taking my own photo and downloading it - is that an option for you?
I think she'd do better with her own photo rather than yours. Kind offer though.
Old Feb 9th 2020, 1:07 am
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I think she'd do better with her own photo rather than yours. Kind offer though.
LMAO!

so terrible but I did laugh for a good minute at this!
Old Feb 9th 2020, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Hilarious 😂
Old Feb 9th 2020, 5:20 pm
Bex in the city

Another question for people that also hold a Canadian passport.

the application faqs talks about sending a photo colour page of any other valid passports from other countries. One guidance leaflet states on there to send them uk passport and any other valid passports (originals)

Please tell me I’m not sending them my Canadian passport as well. I don’t mind sending them a copy of my photo page from my Canadian passport but why do they need the actual document?

Last edited by beckiwoo; Feb 9th 2020 at 6:06 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2020, 7:31 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You don’t need to send your original foreign passport, only a photocopy. The guidance is quite explicit in this regard.
Old Feb 9th 2020, 7:33 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You don’t need to send your original foreign passport, only a photocopy. The guidance is quite explicit in this regard.
ok that’s fine, I’ll send a colour copy of bio page It also states they want a colour page of every page in passport whether it’s blank or not...why?

Old Feb 9th 2020, 8:05 pm

To keep tabs on you but they’ll issue your new passport either way.
Old Feb 9th 2020, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Another question for people that also hold a Canadian passport.

the application faqs talks about sending a photo colour page of any other valid passports from other countries. One guidance leaflet states on there to send them uk passport and any other valid passports (originals)

Please tell me I’m not sending them my Canadian passport as well. I don’t mind sending them a copy of my photo page from my Canadian passport but why do they need the actual document?
When I renewed my British passport a couple of years ago, I knew of this requirement, but in the end got in a bit of a rush, and decided to take my application with me and mail it while I was in the UK, and so completely, yes genuinely, forgot to include a copy of my US passport. .... But it didn't stop my new passport arriving back in the US eight days after it was mailed in the UK.
Originally Posted by BritInParis
To keep tabs on you but they’ll issue your new passport either way.
Yup, exactly this!

Last edited by Pulaski; Feb 9th 2020 at 10:20 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2020, 3:45 pm
Bex in the city

Thanks - I didn’t feel like handing them/sending them my Canadian passport

extra question: you said above that you sent yours in the UK. I’m guessing I could do the online stuff and then within a week or so after a arrive in the UK send my passport back within the UK and then wait for it to arrive back in Canada? Probably save a bit of money on courier fees and Royal Mail track and trace has always been reliable...

Last edited by beckiwoo; Feb 10th 2020 at 3:57 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.