Reload this Page >

Decided not to go

Decided not to go

Old Aug 8th 2005, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

Calggary is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Decided not to go

Originally Posted by liftman

I have been made a director of the company I work for. Huge salary increase . we are moving to a 5 bedroomed house in the best area of town...Jacuzzi and big gardens... My eldest son has joined my company as an apprentice and is going to get a trade..new company car..six weeks paid holiday.. what more can you want?

Liftman
That feeling of safety....
A sense of worth
Equivalent careers (for those prepared to work at it)
Decent summers....
Distinct seasons....
Outdoor living and so much more that I wont list as I'm sure through all of your research you managed to find some positives or why bother in the first place?

I guess another step up the old career and property ladders just makes the UK a better place and all of those social, political and economic problems that made you want out in the first place have just disappeared?

Everybody finds their home and I guess yours is the UK!!

Congrats on the promo now move on with your life, leave the negativity to those that have actually experienced life in Canada as opposed to falling at the first hurdle!!

If you fell the need to "warn" prospective immigrants then post on an immigration forum!!

JMO!!
Old Aug 8th 2005, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

CalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to all

"I have been made a director of the company I work for. Huge salary increase . we are moving to a 5 bedroomed house in the best area of town...Jacuzzi and big gardens... My eldest son has joined my company as an apprentice and is going to get a trade..new company car..six weeks paid holiday.. what more can you want?"

Well done you

Excellent quote, if ever I need reminding about the "me" society the UK has become I can always refer to it.

In answer to the question "what more can you want?" a great deal more actually, but not neccesarily materially and I wouldn't expect you to appreciate it.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 7:20 pm
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Time to kill this thread I think!

Hear, hear. Resurrecting an old thread for target practice? Not nice!
Old Aug 8th 2005, 7:24 pm
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liftman
Just re read this gargantuan thread, and, apart from going so far off topic towards the end that it should have been mid atlantic, I still think it is relevant and should be read by newbies to the board.

Mrs Liftman and I will be headed out to NS with our boys in September for a real family holiday, but as it happens, not moving has been the best thing that happened to us!

I have been made a director of the company I work for. Huge salary increase . we are moving to a 5 bedroomed house in the best area of town...Jacuzzi and big gardens... My eldest son has joined my company as an apprentice and is going to get a trade..new company car..six weeks paid holiday.. what more can you want?

I'll still harbour a bit of a grudge against the petty NS bureaucrats, but life goes on.

Speak to you all soon.

Liftman
Congratulations on finding happiness. I am truly pleased you have found an alternative option, as you were dealt the sh*tty end of the stick by the authorities. But was it really worth resurrecting this?