Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Could we please instigate a ban???

Could we please instigate a ban???

Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Could we please instigate a ban???

On the constant whinings about how Canadians dont get as much holiday/vacation/leave time as "we" get in the UK!!!

I hate to complain (well actually I don't hate to complain about this subject) but it goes on and on - I hardly ever come to the board but there is yet again someone else complaining that they don't get as much holidays in Canada as they do in the UK.

This is CANADA (C A N A D A) - You get what is standard in your province - of CANADA.

If you don't get the holidays you got in England - you can't do anything about it. If you can't accept that - stay in England. This is NOT England!

(Sorry - I guess I am feeling grouchy, but I just get fed up with it.) It's like complaining about the weather - so if you don't like it - what do you propose to do about it???
Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:46 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Could we please instigate a ban???

Originally Posted by lizwil98
(Sorry - I guess I am feeling grouchy, but I just get fed up with it.) It's like complaining about the weather - so if you don't like it - what do you propose to do about it???

It's not like the weather. We can improve the weather by driving bigger cars, burning more rubbish, that sort of thing. There's bugger all we can do about the locals and their weird employment practises.
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

so if you don't like it - what do you propose to do about it???
Moving to Australia and being bitter and twisted about Canada seems to be a common response.

Seriously though I agree entirely but where would such a ban end? My personal bugbear is 'how much tax am I going to pay? I can't be bothered to research it so will someone please tell me'. Sure, shall I wipe your arse for you at the same time then? If we ban all the repetative questions though soon they'll be nothing left other than the Maple Leaf. Which'd be a shame.

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

On the constant whinings about how Canadians dont get as much holiday/vacation/leave time as "we" get in the UK!!!

I hate to complain (well actually I don't hate to complain about this subject) but it goes on and on - I hardly ever come to the board but there is yet again someone else complaining that they don't get as much holidays in Canada as they do in the UK.

This is CANADA (C A N A D A) - You get what is standard in your province - of CANADA.

If you don't get the holidays you got in England - you can't do anything about it. If you can't accept that - stay in England. This is NOT England!

I guess the dog is still barking........
Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice

Originally Posted by Souvenir
lighten up, take a chill pill and get a sense of humour
Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice

Originally Posted by bear-diesel
lighten up, take a chill pill and get a sense of humour
ops not you souv
Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:54 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

That could almost be interpreted as a Peter Mckay type gag but I'm presuming it refers to Liz's problems with her neighbour.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by bear-diesel
ops not you souv
Bloody immigrants. Come over here, steal our women, demand 53 weeks annual vacation and they still can't reply to the right post.

Flogging's too good for them.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Moving to Australia and being bitter and twisted about Canada seems to be a common response.

I can't be bothered to research it so will someone please tell me'. Sure, shall I wipe your arse for you at the same time then? If we ban all the repetative questions though soon they'll be nothing left other than the Maple Leaf. Which'd be a shame.

Very true there must be room for a good moan and drip or this site would cease to continue and be an archive.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bloody immigrants. Come over here, steal our women, demand 53 weeks annual vacation and they still can't reply to the right post.

I've told you me specs want cleaning, and having a sense of humour i can't be a$$ed moving at the mo
S'pose Ill have to get Canadian etiquette sooner and have some tissues tomorrow
oh I managed to spell etiquette all on me own
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

Good answers!

Dog isn't barking - it's the Easter holidays and I guess they have it indoors -- would not want to disturb their holidays by letting the dog bark eh!!!

I guess it's a combination of the snow and having to work this morning (that made me grouchy!) or that I seem to take this subject personally for some reason. It's sort of like it's OK for me to criticize my kids - but woe betide if you criticize them.

Last edited by Purley; Apr 11th 2007 at 8:09 pm.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:11 pm

Good answers!

Dog isn't barking - it's the Easter holidays and I guess they have it indoors -- would not want to disturb their holidays by letting the dog bark eh!!!
One wonders what they served for dinner at Easter.......
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:16 pm
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute

It wouldn't work, 'cause if it's not one thing being whinged about it's another. It goes with being a Brit immigrant, I think, few other nationals would go on and on about vacations, food, food and food, haircuts and the like. The trouble is they (we?) expect to come to Canader and find it's exactly the same as back in the UK. Except for the snow, of course.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

As fer stealing yer women I have no lesbian urges at all
Jo -female shortened version of Josephine, Joanne etc
JoEEEE male version

jo
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:56 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

So wait, do Canadians not get as much holiday as us in the UK? I want a Canadian jobs with 5 weeks holiday.

[Ducks low and scampers off out the door quick sharpish.]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.