Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Could we please instigate a ban???

Could we please instigate a ban???

Old Apr 18th 2007, 12:55 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Could we please instigate a ban???

Originally Posted by Airseir
...does it equal a double ban or does the ban cancel out the initial ban and a third ban re-instate the ban etc.
No there are no bans. Nor un-bans, or re-bans. Bans cease to exist.

Rich.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 6:05 pm
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

Works for me.

Originally Posted by Rich_007

Rich.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Wild George will become famous soon enoughWild George will become famous soon enough

Rich.

Can I take it they are banned then???
Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:16 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wild George
Can I take it they are banned then???
No. They just never were.

Rich.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 3:09 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lizwil98
On the constant whinings about how Canadians dont get as much holiday/vacation/leave time as "we" get in the UK!!!

I hate to complain (well actually I don't hate to complain about this subject) but it goes on and on - I hardly ever come to the board but there is yet again someone else complaining that they don't get as much holidays in Canada as they do in the UK.

This is CANADA (C A N A D A) - You get what is standard in your province - of CANADA.

If you don't get the holidays you got in England - you can't do anything about it. If you can't accept that - stay in England. This is NOT England!

(Sorry - I guess I am feeling grouchy, but I just get fed up with it.) It's like complaining about the weather - so if you don't like it - what do you propose to do about it???
Yay Liz!! You go girl! There are many of us who became fed up with all this whinging many moons ago - you're a true stalwart.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 3:33 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
Yay Liz!! You go girl! There are many of us who became fed up with all this whinging many moons ago - you're a true stalwart.
Before we ban it can I just Check.......................

If I moved to Regina would I get more or less holiday that a Coal Miner working in Bosina for a UK Company that employed Australian Managers.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 3:39 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Before we ban it can I just Check.......................

If I moved to Regina would I get more or less holiday that a Coal Miner working in Bosina for a UK Company that employed Australian Managers.
I don't know....and I don't care! I know that as a farmer I get absolutely NO holidays so whatever you guys are disagreeing on, doesn't impact me in the slightest .

Have a problem with your earnings or holidays?.....try being a farmer - 365 days a year of getting up at the crack of dawn to care for your animals....that combined with crud wages....hey I don't know why more people don't take up this type of lifestyle.

And then there are years when you get an added bonus - you get to work 366 days!!
Old Apr 19th 2007, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't realize this subject would go on for so long.

So far as I am concerned, I THINK I am OK with Canadians criticizing Canadian holidays or lack thereof. I THINK it's when Brits criticize that I get all huffy!!

Like I said - sorta like it's OK for me to complain about my kids - but nobody else can!!!
Old Apr 19th 2007, 9:14 pm
Been there, done that

MCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud of

I don't know....and I don't care! I know that as a farmer I get absolutely NO holidays so whatever you guys are disagreeing on, doesn't impact me in the slightest .

Have a problem with your earnings or holidays?.....try being a farmer - 365 days a year of getting up at the crack of dawn to care for your animals....that combined with crud wages....hey I don't know why more people don't take up this type of lifestyle.

And then there are years when you get an added bonus - you get to work 366 days!!
Yes but you get to drive a tractor......try putting a value on that!
Old Apr 19th 2007, 10:00 pm
Lotus-eater

...try being a farmer - 365 days a year of getting up at the crack of dawn to care for your animals....that combined with crud wages....hey I don't know why more people don't take up this type of lifestyle.
You think you have it hard, try bringing up a family of seven in a leaky old shoebox on the side of the highway. Don' know yas been born. Least you have aminals to kep you warm at night

Rich.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 10:07 pm
Been there, done that

MCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud of

You think you have it hard, try bringing up a family of seven in a leaky old shoebox on the side of the highway. Don' know yas been born. Least you have aminals to kep you warm at night

Rich.
That were luxury. We were brought up in a paper bag in middle o'road......
Old Apr 20th 2007, 3:04 am
Lotus-eater

Originally Posted by MCrocker
That were luxury. We were brought up in a paper bag in middle o'road......
We had to move and our paper bag had holes in it.

Rich.