Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Come on Porter Airlines.

Wikiposts

Come on Porter Airlines.

Old Apr 11th 2013, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Come on Porter Airlines.

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
I hope this is the announcement Porter Airlines are making tomorrow
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/...ombardier.html

Im all for it more competition and more choice if they buy these jets however they will have some negotiating to do as they wont be able to use the Billy Bishop airport.
Ive never flown them but have heard more positive than negative.
Be interesting to see how in particular Air Canada reacts to this as opposed to Westjet as AC got into a pissing match with them when they first started up.
Im not saying it will mean cheaper air fares but if they do drop then I wont be complaining.
I'd never heard of them until yesterday. According to some aviation "expert" interviewed on the radio yesterday they will have to lengthen the runway at whatever airport in Toronto they intend to use for the new planes. The runway approval could be tricky so they said.

They seemed to think the airline was a decent enough operator but the fairly modest scale of it wouldn't be likely to have much impact on the likes of Westjet.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 5:33 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

they are expanded very rapidly indeed though. I reckon fleet and number of flights has doubled or more in the pat few years. traffic at the airport is considerably higher than it was 2 or so years ago
Old Apr 11th 2013, 7:43 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Now lets not start an East/West war To me it just means if approved another carrier flying from my location to Toronto.
They will face challenges and no guarantees about extending the Island airport so the sale of the planes might not even go ahead.
Ive always wondered why no company has ever used Winnipeg as their HQ and hub. Its the centre of Canada basically so the distances are almost equal East and West.
maybe cos no one wants to go there?
Old Apr 11th 2013, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExKiwilass
maybe cos no one wants to go there?
I'd rather go there than Vancouver
Old Apr 11th 2013, 4:14 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ninaDGBCA
I'd rather go there than Vancouver
That's funny. It's like saying you'd rather go on holiday to Clacton-on-Sea than the Côte d'Azur.

Last edited by Oink; Apr 11th 2013 at 4:23 pm.