Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Is it cold in Canada?

Is it cold in Canada?

Old Jan 6th 2009, 10:44 pm

Rainey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Is it cold in Canada?

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
This style of writing looks mmmm shall we similar to someone else on here recently ??
Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:30 am
Just Joined

Collieman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is it cold in Canada?

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
This style of writing looks mmmm shall we similar to someone else on here recently ??
Sorry to disappoint, never been on here before. Just speaking as I find through seeing the sharp end - I'm a UK (at the moment) based paramedic so we get to see what really causes the most cost to the NHS, and it isn't expensive drugs or high cost operations. Those are just the bits that are publicly acceptable to limit, as they affect a small number of people, rather than the harsh truth that it is the slobs and frequent flyers that really add to the UK's healthcare costs.

I've worked on exhanges in both the USA and South Africa, and even after two months in New York we hadn't seen anywhere near the number of frequent flyers / taxi jobs that we get in a couple of weeks on the UK.