Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Citizenship Application - incomplete!!

Citizenship Application - incomplete!!

Old Feb 27th 2013, 10:39 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Application - incomplete!!

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Trying?
Well obviously you didn't succeed
Old Feb 27th 2013, 2:27 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
What, they require a language test for citizenship as well now?! That seems unreasonable, since surely if you've been able to live and work in Canada for 3 years the language thing is pretty irrelevant? For example you may be able to speak and understand english, but not read/write well, which is enough for some types of work. What about landed immigrants from the 60s/70s who have PR but not citizenship but don't have all the english skills? Wow...
It's perfectly reasonable... but a bit dumb in this case as the original poster is clearly a native english speaker and was educated in english too.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 2:34 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Well obviously you didn't succeed
I am not responsible for the audience's IQ.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 8:55 pm
Canadians!!

Jo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Surely if you're eligible to apply for citizenship and the kid's only 2, he's a citizen already?
Seems like it doesn't matter:

"In addition, provide photocopies of official school records for any dependent children in Canada or abroad even if you are not applying for Canadian citizenship on their behalf."

That's straight from "Step 1. Gather documents" of the Citizenship application package.

I have a Canadian 3 year old, and am now wondering if I should be getting her official Day Care records for my application...? I don't really understand the reasons behind this requirement, but obviously CIC is very strict about it...
Old Feb 27th 2013, 9:00 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jo&Alex
Seems like it doesn't matter:

"In addition, provide photocopies of official school records for any dependent children in Canada or abroad even if you are not applying for Canadian citizenship on their behalf."

That's straight from "Step 1. Gather documents" of the Citizenship application package.

I have a Canadian 3 year old, and am now wondering if I should be getting her official Day Care records for my application...? I don't really understand the reasons behind this requirement, but obviously CIC is very strict about it...
Yup, i sent mine and my sons in, and they both contained the same school record in each application.

Seems that common sense in the CIC is an additional requirement, not normally recommended at the recruitment level.
Old May 6th 2013, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

Any updates from rejections with submitting GCSEs for citizenship applications? I submitted all mine and the OHs GCSEs 11 courses in total, including grade B, B for English language and lit. On my CIC profile it says application in process, which according to the CIC website is the stage that after they check to ensure documents are correct, and it has been sent to the local office.
Old May 6th 2013, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Andrew74
I have just received my citizenship application back saying it is incomplete.

1) says that Language evidence is not acceptable. I supplied my high school (Certificate Of Secondary Education) where it clearly states i passed English.

Anyone have a clue why would they reject this? The only thing i can see is that it says a single course does not count - do they want to see other courses i passed as well maybe??

2) says photocopies of school records for myself or dependent children are missing or illegible.

I completed section G. I showed the names of both my children and the school of one and the dates applicable. My other child i showed the name info and age but he is only 2 so i left off the school as it is not applicable.

Should i have left the second (non school age child) off the application and/or provided any other info as well?

Any help or advice would be great?

Many thanks

Did you application get to the stage in process?
Old May 7th 2013, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yandros
As I understand it you now have to either:
1. Have degree level certificate where the whole degree was taught in English; or
2. Pass the requisite English test (as specified on the CIC website) and provide the proof of this (certificate I assume).

The CSE English exam does not meet these requirements which is probaby why it was rejected.

I think the rules around proof of language ability have been made more stingent over the last year or so.
This is ridiculous! i mean ok i understand the CIC making it more stringent for non English speaking applicants, but people from England with a CSE education certificate? Somewhere where English is their native tongue and have passed an exam in the country of its origin! what more proof do they want! LOL strange!
Old May 7th 2013, 8:05 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
This is ridiculous! i mean ok i understand the CIC making it more stringent for non English speaking applicants, but people from England with a CSE education certificate? Somewhere where English is their native tongue and have passed an exam in the country of its origin! what more proof do they want! LOL strange!
Judging by wot I reads in I nternet their are plnty of peeps who cant right for toffee.