Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Cheapest flights

Cheapest flights

Old Sep 12th 2012, 9:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheapest flights

Originally Posted by Gray C
In that case I fear she will never go to Canada again.

Here is a question. Why would a medical inadmissability have any bearing on a perfectly healthy young lady wanting to visit relatives for a two week holiday? Thousands of people with permanent medical conditions can enter each day, with no problem. It is unfair
It shouldnt but it does unfortunately. If she was refused on medical grounds as per section 38 of IRPA then until she shows evidence that she is no longer inadmissible then if she came to the attention of CBSA on entry then chances are she will be refused.
Put yourself in the officer shoes and you see the medical refusal in the system. Do you ignore it or allow entry and hope nobody picks up on it and potentially putting your job on the line for ignoring the Act and policies.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold

Well if that is indeed the case, so be it. The Canadian govt will not get another penny out of me.

My wife feels differently, but I am happy never to set foot in Canada ever again. My daughter feels the same way as me, but I was hoping to get this burden removed with a letter, but certainly not by pandering to any more nonsensical Canadian bull sh1t.

Last edited by Gray C; Sep 12th 2012 at 11:42 pm.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 7:34 am
Just Joined

Ukozz is an unknown quantity at this point

I found Air Transat the cheapest airline, and found them very good at departures. However, I'm 6foot4 and will never fly with them again, the planes were tiny and I had a lot of issues on the flight, felt very claustraphobic and had problems with trapped nerves. So, if you are small (er) then its a cheap option.

As for your other problem, I think you're completely justified in your actions, however...the canadian governemt/immigration will not care in the slightest that they will never get another penny out of you and they won't care if you never come to Canada again so I'd be tempted to take it on the chin, pay and resolve the issue. Shame to write off a country because of some stupid beuraucracy (spelling?!).
Old Sep 13th 2012, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ukozz
I found Air Transat the cheapest airline, and found them very good at departures. However, I'm 6foot4 and will never fly with them again, the planes were tiny and I had a lot of issues on the flight, felt very claustraphobic and had problems with trapped nerves. So, if you are small (er) then its a cheap option.

As for your other problem, I think you're completely justified in your actions, however...the canadian governemt/immigration will not care in the slightest that they will never get another penny out of you and they won't care if you never come to Canada again so I'd be tempted to take it on the chin, pay and resolve the issue. Shame to write off a country because of some stupid beuraucracy (spelling?!).

Discussed it with my daughter and she does not want us to pay any more money to CIC. She will just not set foot in Canada again.

Thanks for all who have given their advice on this matter, both past and present. Even he who must not be named helped me a lot when it all came to a head
Old Sep 13th 2012, 8:43 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Discussed it with my daughter and she does not want us to pay any more money to CIC. She will just not set foot in Canada again.

Thanks for all who have given their advice on this matter, both past and present. Even he who must not be named helped me a lot when it all came to a head
Voldemort?
Old Sep 13th 2012, 9:54 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Voldemort?
Miller.

Gray, I also remember your posts on the situation and in your shoes I'd also cross this place off my list of places I'll ever go again.
Old Sep 14th 2012, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Miller.

Gray, I also remember your posts on the situation and in your shoes I'd also cross this place off my list of places I'll ever go again.
I think that is probably what we will do. My wife can still go and visit her sister, but that is certainly not a reason for me to want to go there again

My daughter is not bothered either. The only worry is if the Canadians share their grudges with the Americans. She has said she would like to go to Florida some time next year and i do not want this issue with the Canadian to affect her going to the USA
Old Sep 14th 2012, 4:38 pm
Banned

wonderwoman1st is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ukozz

Agreed.
I relate to the Air transat part as I had a great experience with them early on in 2008, but a very bad one due to them becoming now so greedy in 2011, they double booked my child's seat even though it was fully paid for by me and didn't care less, he ended up having to share my seat sat on my lap unless I wanted to pay them even more money. Now I avoid air transat like the plague. I must check out kayak too for visiting folks back home soon.
Old Sep 14th 2012, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

I have never heard of Kayak
Old Sep 14th 2012, 11:34 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Why would a medical inadmissability have any bearing on a perfectly healthy young lady wanting to visit relatives for a two week holiday? Thousands of people with permanent medical conditions can enter each day, with no problem. It is unfair
Quite likely because others have muddied the waters in the past and tried it on, hence where many odd regulations come from. There are those who would not flout the system, there are those who would. because you have family here, there is always the risk she may not leave when her time is up. She probably would, but there are plenty of illegals running around who have not. UK & US immigration is no different.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

I don't expect much joy from CIC but I will continue to send them letters until they have the decency to send a reply. A straight refusal to lifting the ban would be better than no reply at all. I have never come across such a bad mannered, discourteous, rude bunch of bureaucrats in my life.

Anyway, I will say no more on the matter.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 5:49 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter is not bothered either. The only worry is if the Canadians share their grudges with the Americans. She has said she would like to go to Florida some time next year and i do not want this issue with the Canadian to affect her going to the USA
For the U.S. try the ESTA system:
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/id_visa/esta/

If she can answer the questions truthfully and the system says ok, then there should not normally be an issue on the U.S. side.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

Gazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to all

I'm starting to go off the idea of moving to Canada after reading this...how can a country place a lifetime access ban on a 16 year old girl just because she is on temp medication???, sounds like a very uncaring country...