Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Cheapest flights

Cheapest flights

Old Sep 12th 2012, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold
Default Cheapest flights

Who currently offers the best value flights to Toronto? Going from Manchester is preferable but any UK airport will do if the deal is good enough. Possible flight in November

Graham
Old Sep 12th 2012, 7:56 pm
A taffy in Ontario

snuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Cheapest flights

I would do a search on Kayak.com ... chose which dates and which Airport would suit you...

I find that site the best to find cheap flights..

good luck
Old Sep 12th 2012, 7:58 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gray C View Post
Who currently offers the best value flights to Toronto? Going from Manchester is preferable but any UK airport will do if the deal is good enough. Possible flight in November

Graham
Do Air Transat do that route?

And is your daughter allowed in now?
Old Sep 12th 2012, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Alan2005 View Post
Do Air Transat do that route?

And is your daughter allowed in now?
Hi

The flight is for my wife to visit for her sister's birthday.

Glad you remember our situation. Unfortunately our daughter is still banned from entering Canada. I have written to CIC quite a few times trying to get the ban lifted, but needless to say I do not get a reply. Will send another one to them tomorrow, but I guess I will get another zero response

Last edited by Gray C; Sep 12th 2012 at 8:28 pm.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 9:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

The flight is for my wife to visit for her sister's birthday.

Glad you remember our situation. Unfortunately our daughter is still banned from entering Canada. I have written to CIC quite a few times trying to get the ban lifted, but needless to say I do not get a reply. Will send another one to them tomorrow, but I guess I will get another zero response
Not being nosey but was she issued with a deportation order and if so she will need to submit an ARC as per this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...bility/arc.asp
Old Sep 12th 2012, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deleted. Doubled post

Last edited by Gray C; Sep 12th 2012 at 9:30 pm.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
Not being nosey but was she issued with a deportation order and if so she will need to submit an ARC as per this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...bility/arc.asp
She was 16 at the time and failed her medical because she was on a course of growth hormone to increase her height (5ft 9ins now ). CIC then wrote to us and said she could not enter Canada for any reason without going through a further medical. The ban was classed as lifelong and if she attempt to enter Canada she will either be turned around at the border control or deported.

She is now a perfectly normal young lady aged 20, but it is not nice to have this ban over her head

Last edited by Gray C; Sep 12th 2012 at 9:53 pm.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

She was 16 at the time and failed her medical because she on a course of growth hormone to increase her height (5ft 9ins now ). CIC then wrote to us and said she could not enter Canada for any reason without going through a further medical. The ban was classed as lifelong.

She is now a perfectly normal young lady of 20 years
My only advice is to contact the London CIC office explaining that you are willing to take the medical exam administered by a Panel Physician (DMP).

Case specific: https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemai...mission=london

Check the refusal letter to see if there is an 8 digit client ID # eg 5454-8787
and quote that number in any correspondence.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 9:39 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

My only advice is to contact the London CIC office explaining that you are willing to take the medical exam administered by a Panel Physician (DMP).

If I recall the medical was for a PR application, and when Gray C pointed out that the medication was only for a few years CIC through a hissy fit and banned her forever for no reason other than spite. I remember this because it's petty, faceless Canadian bureaucracy at it's worst.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

To be honest, after we were refused our visas all the documentation went in the bin last year (silly I know) Having wasted thousands of pounds on a failed immigration application I am not prepared to shell out another £600, or whatever it costs now to get the ban lifted. As a matter of principle I will not pay it and they should lift the ban without a need for a medical. Would any other healthy 20 year old be expected to pay for a medical before going to Canada for a holiday??....I think the answer is no they would not.

We are no longer potential immigrants and should not be treated as such in my opinion.

Rant over
Old Sep 12th 2012, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Alan2005 View Post
If I recall the medical was for a PR application, and when Gray C pointed out that the medication was only for a few years CIC through a hissy fit and banned her forever for no reason other than spite. I remember this because it's petty, faceless Canadian bureaucracy at it's worst.
I could not have said it any better
Old Sep 12th 2012, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

To be honest, after we were refused our visas all the documentation went in the bin last year (silly I know) Having wasted thousands of pounds on a failed immigration application I am not prepared to shell out another £600, or whatever it costs now to get the ban lifted. As a matter of principle I will not pay it and they should lift the ban without a need for a medical. Would any other healthy 20 year old be expected to pay for a medical before going to Canada for a holiday??....I think the answer is no they would not.

We are no longer potential immigrants and should not be treated as such in my opinion.

Rant over
Short of Ministerial intervention I cannot see CIC lifting that ban without a medical being done. That medical refusal will be in the data base and if referred into immigration and checked on entering Canada then in all likelihood she would be refused entry.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Short of Ministerial intervention I cannot see CIC lifting that ban without a medical being done. That medical refusal will be in the data base and if referred into immigration and checked on entering Canada then in all likelihood she would be refused entry.
That would not surprise me. Canadian officials are the most unpleasant people I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

If that is the case she will have to remain banned for life, but it is totally unfair on my daughter
Old Sep 12th 2012, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That would not surprise me. Canadian officials are the most unpleasant people I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

If that is the case she will have to remain banned for life, but it is totally unfair on my daughter
Im not disagreeing with you but what if your daughter wanted to come say in 10 years time for a visit she would still be faced with the same problem.
That medical refusal is never going to go away.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

In that case I fear she will never go to Canada again.

Here is a question. Why would a medical inadmissability have any bearing on a perfectly healthy young lady wanting to visit relatives for a two week holiday? Thousands of people with permanent medical conditions can enter each day, with no problem. It is unfair

Last edited by Gray C; Sep 12th 2012 at 10:20 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.