Reload this Page >

Car insurance underwriter jobs

Car insurance underwriter jobs

Old Nov 7th 2016, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Sian22040 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Car insurance underwriter jobs

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Skill Level B is 'skilled', so yes, that would be fine.

About 5 minutes! If you've got an employment contract etc, you don't even need to be working in the job yet - so you could both get your work permits when you arrive in Canada if you can sort the job out before you go.

Nope. You simply need a skilled job, doesn't matter what your experience is. So if the company are happy to employ you without the experience, then that's fine.

HTH.
Thank you so much for your help this has given us a lot to consider 😀
Old Nov 7th 2016, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Skill Level B is 'skilled', so yes, that would be fine.

About 5 minutes! If you've got an employment contract etc, you don't even need to be working in the job yet - so you could both get your work permits when you arrive in Canada if you can sort the job out before you go.

Nope. You simply need a skilled job, doesn't matter what your experience is. So if the company are happy to employ you without the experience, then that's fine.

HTH.
Sorry to keep asking so many questions but in this scenario what happens with our children as they wouldn't be able to come on my IEC visa as dependants and would only be able to visit on a trp would they be able to stay on OHs open work permit if he were able to get one?
Old Nov 7th 2016, 2:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sian22040
Sorry to keep asking so many questions but in this scenario what happens with our children as they wouldn't be able to come on my IEC visa as dependants and would only be able to visit on a trp would they be able to stay on OHs open work permit if he were able to get one?
A TRP isn't relevant, as it's for those that are from countries that aren't visa exempt - as you're all UK citizens (I assume), they can't get a TRP anyway, they'd simply be there as visitors. But they'll be admitted for the same duration as your IEC anyway, although you can't add them specifically as dependents, they'll get a visitor record when they enter with you for the 2 years.

Might be worth searching the forum to find threads from forum members that have gone on IEC's and taken their children, there have been quite a few but the only member I can remember off the top of my head is 'fattyfam'.

HTH.
Old Nov 7th 2016, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

A TRP isn't relevant, as it's for those that are from countries that aren't visa exempt - as you're all UK citizens (I assume), they can't get a TRP anyway, they'd simply be there as visitors. But they'll be admitted for the same duration as your IEC anyway, although you can't add them specifically as dependents, they'll get a visitor record when they enter with you for the 2 years.

Might be worth searching the forum to find threads from forum members that have gone on IEC's and taken their children, there have been quite a few but the only member I can remember off the top of my head is 'fattyfam'.

HTH.
Thank you again
Old Nov 10th 2016, 3:19 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I’m afraid this isn’t going to work. The computing facet of the insurance industry is now largely based on casual labour. Workers are technically “independent contractors”, paid by the hour with no benefits nor paid vacation. This is ideal if you’re a new immigrant as companies will risk taking on an unknown person who can be fired the same week but it doesn’t work for something that requires an investment in the prospective employee, such as the LMIA process. Proper employee positions are rare and go to people who have either established themselves by first working as a contractor or who are the children of existing employees. You’ll need to find a means to get your feet on the ground before you can pick up a contract.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dbd33
I’m afraid this isn’t going to work. The computing facet of the insurance industry is now largely based on casual labour. Workers are technically “independent contractors”, paid by the hour with no benefits nor paid vacation. This is ideal if you’re a new immigrant as companies will risk taking on an unknown person who can be fired the same week but it doesn’t work for something that requires an investment in the prospective employee, such as the LMIA process. Proper employee positions are rare and go to people who have either established themselves by first working as a contractor or who are the children of existing employees. You’ll need to find a means to get your feet on the ground before you can pick up a contract.
I really appreciate you trying for me thank you and also you started the idea of an IEC visa which I didn't know I could do which I'm currently looking into thanks again