Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

car hire from halifax airport nova scotia

car hire from halifax airport nova scotia

Old May 28th 2012, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

commando1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: car hire from halifax airport nova scotia

hi oh right ok well that is good news as was debating wether to book to fly into boston but flights into halifax are like £1200 cheaper than boston for family of 5.i will have a look today at enterprise. many thanks for you reply and help it is much appriciated.
tracey x
Old May 28th 2012, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

commando1 is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG i just rang enterprise in halifax airport and they said i can pay for the rental by visa debit when we return the car, but to collect the car need to use a credit card for the deposit, as there systems do not accept visa debit, as it is linked to a bank account grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, yet i used my visa debit in calgary last year at hertz no problems and i can use it at boston airport too nightmare.
Old May 28th 2012, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Maplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to all

Originally Posted by commando1
OMG i just rang enterprise in halifax airport and they said i can pay for the rental by visa debit when we return the car, but to collect the car need to use a credit card for the deposit, as there systems do not accept visa debit, as it is linked to a bank account grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, yet i used my visa debit in calgary last year at hertz no problems and i can use it at boston airport too nightmare.
My other half is piping up now and suggests that you get a charge card from somewhere like Thomas Cook and use that to pay.

Just a suggestion. He does occasionally have a good one
Old May 29th 2012, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Why not get a prepaid credit card? Just make sure there is enough on for the excess...