Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canadian dialect

Canadian dialect

Old May 9th 2010, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Bramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to all
Default Canadian dialect

Does the Canadian dialect extend further than "Awesome" "F'ck" and "Eh" ? For example: Everything is awesome even when it isn't...f'ck pronounced "fock" is blurted out at every interval and Eh comes after every sentence
Old May 9th 2010, 3:15 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canadian dialect

Originally Posted by Bramley
Does the Canadian dialect extend further than "Awesome" "F'ck" and "Eh" ? For example: Everything is awesome even when it isn't...f'ck pronounced "fock" is blurted out at every interval and Eh comes after every sentence
He we go again with another sweeping generalization.
Old May 9th 2010, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

cargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nice

For sure is another Pronounced 'F sure'
Old May 9th 2010, 3:18 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I fink it's dead brill like, innit?
Old May 9th 2010, 3:27 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Other than to cause arguments and come across as a pillock, the point of this thread is......?
Old May 9th 2010, 3:52 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

I find I have replaced 'sorta' with 'kinda', but then I'm common, eh?
Old May 9th 2010, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by fledermaus
I find I have replaced 'sorta' with 'kinda', but then I'm common, eh?
You...common? Nevah!!!!

Last edited by Steve_P; May 9th 2010 at 3:58 pm.
Old May 9th 2010, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Bramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to all

Originally Posted by el_richo;
Other than to cause arguments and come across as a pillock, the point of this thread is......?
Ouch! It isn't to provoke an argument at all, in fact me and a Canadian were laughing about this over the weekend...So! My advice to you is give your head a good wobble and lighten up.
Old May 9th 2010, 3:59 pm

Ouch! It isn't to provoke an argument at all, in fact me and a Canadian were laughing about this over the weekend...So! My advice to you is give your head a good wobble and lighten up.
So what was the point then?
Old May 9th 2010, 4:16 pm
Always lurking.

gingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of light

Try to remember that when you make a comment or start a thread with the theme Canadians are backward, loopy, ugly, fat or lazy, you may be insulting the immediate family of some BE members.
However as a nation we must stop the use of the phrase ''no worries''.
Old May 9th 2010, 4:32 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by gingnut
Try to remember that when you make a comment or start a thread with the theme Canadians are backward, loopy, ugly, fat or lazy, you may be insulting the immediate family of some BE members.
How about brilliant?
Old May 9th 2010, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gingnut;
I never name called.
Old May 9th 2010, 4:44 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

My wife, her father and my friends, for example, don't do this.

I never name called.
You implied.

Do all immigrants who locate around the Barrie, Ont, area live like this? -

I have limited exposure but i've seen this picture so it must be true.

Surely when starting a thread like this you expect reaction. That said, if everybody you live with and/or near on your trailer park, work with/queue for benefits with, and acquaint yourself with speaks as you believe then i'm not surprised.

Old May 9th 2010, 4:55 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steve_P
You...common? Nevah!!!!
aww bless

that was a compliment right???
Old May 9th 2010, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

kate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of light

What I notice is that the Canadians don't like the word bitch. It's F this and F that with some people I'm talking to, but I'm not one to say xxxx unless in certain circumstances hahaha, but if I call someone not present a bitch it's like they jump back, as if they have had a bucket of scalding water thrown over them.

They don't like the word toilet either it has to be washroom...When I was in England last year I used to say, "where is the washroom please" and then I was looked at funny...."Yer what luv, do you mean the toilet".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.