Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canada lacks culture and history?

Canada lacks culture and history?

Old Jul 13th 2011, 7:34 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada lacks culture and history?

Originally Posted by JonboyE
Whilst there are drunk natives in the DTES (probably a disproportionate number) there are plenty of drunk people of other races.
It's hugely disproportionate.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 1:53 pm
Banned

Boy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
Just under 20% of the First Nation's people in Canada live in BC.

The Semiahmoo reserve extends right into White Rock. I don't see much evidence of intermingling but the communities live peacefully side by side. I am disappointed to report that promenade is not littered with drunken natives, despite the many drinking establishments.

Actually, outside of the DTES I have not see a drunk native in the 12 years I have been here. Whilst there are drunk natives in the DTES (probably a disproportionate number) there are plenty of drunk people of other races.
Much the same with the reserve here on the north shore...i see the odd native wandering drunk but not to the extent that I am aware.

Native persons are over-represented in the criminal justice system though, to such an extent that they may actually recieve lower sentences for the same offences committed by other races (see section 718.2(e) Criminal Code of Canada).

http://www.justiceeducation.ca/resea...due-sentencing
Old Jul 14th 2011, 3:18 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boy d
Much the same with the reserve here on the north shore...i see the odd native wandering drunk but not to the extent that I am aware.
It's cos they are all on the DTES innit.