Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canada Expo in June??

Canada Expo in June??

Old Apr 15th 2008, 12:57 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Emmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud of
Default Re: Canada Expo in June??

I was thinking of going to this in June as i only live thirty miles away. However on receiving further information on what jobs are on offer, it seems that all jobs are in Calgary and as i want to be in Nova Scotia, i am not going to pay £15 entrance fee if no companies from NS are going to be there!!!

I guess this expo is good if you do not know where abouts in Canada you want to be or if you want Calgary etc.

Emmjay
Old Apr 15th 2008, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

grumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nice

Originally Posted by Emmjay
I was thinking of going to this in June as i only live thirty miles away. However on receiving further information on what jobs are on offer, it seems that all jobs are in Calgary and as i want to be in Nova Scotia, i am not going to pay £15 entrance fee if no companies from NS are going to be there!!!

I guess this expo is good if you do not know where abouts in Canada you want to be or if you want Calgary etc.

Emmjay
I was thinking the same. Seems all the jobs are oil industry/Alberta related. I'm re-thinking whether, as a teacher, I really want to go, particularly as we're doing a recce visit to NS on the day of the London Expo and we'd have a 5 hour drive to the Leeds one the week before
Old May 1st 2008, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

timballs is just really nicetimballs is just really nicetimballs is just really nicetimballs is just really nicetimballs is just really nicetimballs is just really nicetimballs is just really nicetimballs is just really nice

Hi, I'm new to the forum but been lurking for some time. Did a search for the expo as I was sure there would have been a previous posting. I registered some time ago, I think back in February and also wondering if I would be wasting my time going as it's a long way from Scotland and I'm wondering if there will be any firms recruiting for IT since it's now becoming one of the in-demand occupations.
Old May 2nd 2008, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of

Thought I'd be cheeky and ask, if anybody might have some free tickets for the London Expo? I know there were some floating around for the Sandown event, so thought I'd ask. If you have any, let me know first, please.
Old May 2nd 2008, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

grumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nice

Originally Posted by TheCanes
Thought I'd be cheeky and ask, if anybody might have some free tickets for the London Expo? I know there were some floating around for the Sandown event, so thought I'd ask. If you have any, let me know first, please.
Actually - you should let ME know first!
Old May 2nd 2008, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by grumpyhaggis
Actually - you should let ME know first!
The cheek!!!!
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:07 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

No no no = ME FIRST!!!!