Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canada Expo in June??

Canada Expo in June??

Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada Expo in June??

I plan to go as well, seeing as it's so close - I go to Leeds every day anyway for work. Hopefully I'll know by then whether I've been accepted, in which case it may prove useful for contacts for the job hunt!

Old Mar 21st 2008, 8:49 pm
Account Closed

athena88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by adele
I plan to go as well, seeing as it's so close - I go to Leeds every day anyway for work. Hopefully I'll know by then whether I've been accepted, in which case it may prove useful for contacts for the job hunt!

I've been to a new zealand expo in london last year and we found it really helpful there were job agencies, reps from banks estate agents etc and we had a good chat and got loads of information, I'm just hoping that the canadian expo is as helpful. Anyway it a good exscuse for a trip to london.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

seanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by athena88
I've been to a new zealand expo in london last year and we found it really helpful there were job agencies, reps from banks estate agents etc and we had a good chat and got loads of information, I'm just hoping that the canadian expo is as helpful. Anyway it a good exscuse for a trip to london.
hehe so we're not the only ones who came back from an NZ job fair and decided to go to canada...?! ;-)
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 8:48 am
Account Closed

athena88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by seanyg
hehe so we're not the only ones who came back from an NZ job fair and decided to go to canada...?! ;-)
No but its taken us a few months to find nova scotia and if we hadnt of been researching nz we wouldnt have even thought of going there. im just glad we didnt move to nz we might have got stuck there. a few people on the nz forum have moved from nz to canada.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

StefkeUK is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I had preregisterd for the expo in leeds and today I have received a generic mail from the organisation.

It s just to say they might get in touch with us soon (by email I presume).
Sems nothing but I just wanted to put this treath at the top of the list. mainly to see if someone has been at one of those expo last year and get a feedback.

Thanks

Stefke
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:39 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

yup = we got that email too - the one about submitting yr CV?
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

seanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
yup = we got that email too - the one about submitting yr CV?
The email is just to let you know that some job titles have been posted on the website (to give you an idea of what employment opportunities there will be at the show) - it's updated weekly apparently.

We went last year and only took hard copies of our CVs so I'd recommend people take their memory sticks too, as lots of people asked us for electronic versions! (that was for NZ but I'd imagine Canadian employers are the same).

It's weird to think that we could all be walking round the show, unaware that we're probably brushing shoulders with people we've been chatting with on this forum!

Anita :-)
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:25 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

The email is just to let you know that some job titles have been posted on the website (to give you an idea of what employment opportunities there will be at the show) - it's updated weekly apparently.

We went last year and only took hard copies of our CVs so I'd recommend people take their memory sticks too, as lots of people asked us for electronic versions! (that was for NZ but I'd imagine Canadian employers are the same).

It's weird to think that we could all be walking round the show, unaware that we're probably brushing shoulders with people we've been chatting with on this forum!

Anita :-)
maybe we should have our names on us and our avatar pics - or arrange a meet up!!

YUp - They need town planners in calgary - but already kne that - so am already in contact with City of C

Seanyg - was I chatting to you on that other expat site??

I will be going to London expo btw
Old Apr 9th 2008, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
maybe we should have our names on us and our avatar pics - or arrange a meet up!!

YUp - They need town planners in calgary - but already kne that - so am already in contact with City of C

Seanyg - was I chatting to you on that other expat site??

I will be going to London expo btw
Hiya, it's anita here actually - i tend to hijack sean's user ID to post - he never has time as he's constantly studying! He says he can't remember (typical bloke's memory...) - which site was it?

We're going too - i think i'll recognise you cos you've stuck your piccy on your avatar. Sean won't be wearing the gnome suits (unfortunately) but i've got short black hair and he's got ginger hair (and will probably be sunburnt as he's fairskinned and we'll only have got back from our honeymoon a month before the expo!).

Anita
Old Apr 9th 2008, 7:19 pm
half a century

Hiya, it's anita here actually - i tend to hijack sean's user ID to post - he never has time as he's constantly studying! He says he can't remember (typical bloke's memory...) - which site was it?

We're going too - i think i'll recognise you cos you've stuck your piccy on your avatar. Sean won't be wearing the gnome suits (unfortunately) but i've got short black hair and he's got ginger hair (and will probably be sunburnt as he's fairskinned and we'll only have got back from our honeymoon a month before the expo!).

Anita
yup - www.britishexpat.com
but seems like it has disappeared!!
Old Apr 9th 2008, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

mazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by san38
mazanbell,

How long r u in vancouver for, i am out their in june, staying for 3 years, got a lmo as a nurse really excited.

need to link up with brits only
Hi, Just 3 weeks, hoping to cram in as much in as possible in our short time there.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:42 am
Just Joined

Emeka_85 is an unknown quantity at this point

I will be going aswell, but I hope it's worth the £12.50!

I checked the site for some job descriptions but didn't see anything, but I will check again
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

neekie will become famous soon enoughneekie will become famous soon enough

The email I received said they were looking to recruit the following professions:

nurses
sonographers
medical radiation technologists
physical therapists
occupational therapists
speech language pathologists
dentists
pharmacists
respiratory therapists
licensed practical nurses
medical laboratory technologists
surgical processors
EMR's and EMT's
senior town planners
lead town planners
bus drivers
heavy vehicle/equipment mechanics
heavy duty/vehicle mechanics
journeymen commercial construction electricians
electrical foremen
project managers
journeymen service technicians
plumbers
pipe fitters
sheet metal installers......................and more to be announced.......phew!!!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

StefkeUK is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info. That looks interresting. i can figure out what to expect.

Has anyone seen any advert for qualified account ? What if you are french native speaker (which I'm) ? Would it help ?

Thanks,

Stefke
Old Apr 14th 2008, 1:36 pm
Banned

debsm is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Canada Expo in June??

Hi all, I've been trying to find details of a previous Canada expo to get an idea of what to expect. It's a long way for me to go without being sure i'm going to get my questions answered. A lot of the visitor comments on the web-site are for Australia and New Zealand, does anyone know if they've done the Canada show before? Otherwise I might hold off until the Coventry show in October as I have family there and have heard good things about that one,
Advice would be much appreciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.