Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Can I work in Canada how is this possible?

Can I work in Canada how is this possible?

Old Jan 11th 2010, 4:37 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I work in Canada how is this possible?

Originally Posted by Vladeastasia
Thanks Alan, but as long as I get paid for my work in canada and have a place to stay it makes no difference to me weather im in the uk or canada. Im thinking what is the point of goina via bunac, cannot I get a visa from the canadian embassy directly?
Yes, but they don't just hand them out to passers by. You have to have a job on the list or have a job offer first. If you have provable experience of a job on the list and enough points then that's the quickest way.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Vladeastasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Yes, but they don't just hand them out to passers by. You have to have a job on the list or have a job offer first. If you have provable experience of a job on the list and enough points then that's the quickest way.
Thanks Alan
Old Jan 11th 2010, 4:40 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

They will stop accepting applications again until next Christmas.

The initial costs are a £205 registration fee plus £90 consulate fee. You will also need a police certificate which will cost £35 if you're quick and £70 if you're not plus flights an insurance.

Realistically you will need at least £350 disposable to you now if you want to apply this month. You probably won't be able to apply directly as I doubt you will qualify for that unfortunately.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
They will stop accepting applications again until next Christmas.

The initial costs are a £205 registration fee plus £90 consulate fee. You will also need a police certificate which will cost £35 if you're quick and £70 if you're not plus flights an insurance.

Realistically you will need at least £350 disposable to you now if you want to apply this month. You probably won't be able to apply directly as I doubt you will qualify for that unfortunately.
thanks digitalghost, you are a a wonderful help, okay assuming I get the visa then what? Do I get my plane tickets in the search to canada for work? what about accomodation and food and contacts? will bunac look after all that?
Old Jan 11th 2010, 4:54 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

They won't take care of it all but they will help you find those things as well as a job, that's how they earn their fee.

You're very welcome, I'm going through the process myself at the moment so I'm just passing info on really.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
They won't take care of it all but they will help you find those things as well as a job, that's how they earn their fee.

You're very welcome, I'm going through the process myself at the moment so I'm just passing info on really.
Your a very kind person Digitalghose, Thank you, I do charity work and people like the guys on these forums are hard to come by, helpful people are few

thanks
Old Jan 11th 2010, 5:36 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Not at all, you're very welcome, good luck with your application if you choose to go this year and let us know how it goes.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 6:25 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Bunac is not just for students.
Its also for christmas.