Banned

baileyalison is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bulldog spirit

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Pardon me?
ok i will
Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baileyalison
ok i will
Err...I want nothing from a BNP supporter, thanks all the same.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:26 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

i hope they get in too
So either a racist or a Troll then. Or both.

Take a good look below the skin of the BNP before going there! It all looks so nice and respectable on the surface doesnt it, and Im sure all those who voted for the Nazis thought the same thing back then. History repeating itself?
Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:44 pm
jedi in training

buzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of light

i hope they get in too
Lol..........the BNP.....a party with no future!. How they can ever expect to agian any ground is beyond me. All these silly parties come along every so often and go away as quietly as they come. The current leader wears a suit and trys to say his party isnt rascist but yet the only people being exposed as members are thugs. This from a party that shouts about law and order. To dislike a person soley because of the colour of his skin or his religion is just plain stupid..........what next hair colour ........weight.........make of car?

anyway im off for a drink.........
Old Apr 8th 2005, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

seacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant future

There's a lot of rubbish floating about on this forum....
Firstly, if you're racist or prejudiced in any form Canada is definately NOT for you. Toronto is the most multicultural city in the world and everywhere you go you will have to communicate with people of all colours. Racism here is not tolerated, in fact you will be sacked on the spot by most employers if you're reported for making any racist, homophobic or sexist comments.
Secondly, reports of poverty in Canada by certain members here are grossly exaggerated. Of course Canada has poverty, especially amongst new immigrants; but poor people in Ontario at least appear no worse off than poor people in Britain.
Whether you go to Britain on a visa, Sweden or Canada you won't be entitled to a penny off the government, so you're going to be pretty skint anywhere if you don't have a job.

Infant mortality is the best indicator of poverty and that shows Canada to be way better than Britain.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

i hope they get in too
And thats what gives us in East Lancs a bad name. Just like to point out that the majority see thru the BNP's disguise and won't be fooled. For example the leader in a suit...
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/pol...p?story=627115
Not just the leader tho, oh no, the rest of BNP consisit of these colourful characters. There's Burnley BNP councillor Len Starr. He's the Prospective Parliamentary candidate for Burnley. Last week he was cautioned for selling alcohol to people under the age of 18. If that was an Asian shopkeeper, there would be uproar from the BNP.

There's Luke Smith, who was forced to resign as a BNP councillor in Burnleyafter he smashed a bottle into the face of a man. He has since been banned from every football ground in the country for 3 years for soccer violence.

There's Halifax BNP councillor Adrian Marsden. He has three convictions for threatening behaviour, the most recent in May 2002. This was just seven months before he was elected to the council.

There's Hull BNP organiser David Hannam. Imprisoned for three months in 2000 for distributing material likely to incite racial hatred. He and another man were prosecuted for anti-semitic and racist BNP leaflets distributed during the 1999 European Elections.

During last summer's local elections it was revealed that Barnsley BNP organiser Dean Strawson-Morland was really Dean Wilson. Small wonder he changed his name. He didn't want voters to know of his string of convictions, including 12 years imprisonment in 1994 for robbery, kidnapping, false imprisonment and firearms offences. In 2002 he was sentenced to a further 21 months for assaulting a woman.

There's long-time BNP organiser for Oldham, Mick Treacy. Five convictions for violence, threatening behaviour and possession of stolen property.

There's Oldham BNP's one-time leafleting organiser Robert Bennett. Convicted gang rapist and armed robber. In total he has 37 convictions.

There's Oldham BNP activist Jock Shearer, who has a conviction for possession of drugs.

And there's even the minder to the leader of the BNP, Joey Owens, has been imprisoned twice. First when he sent razor blades in the post to members of Liverpool's Jewish community and then, more recently, for possession of CS gas and knuckle-dusters.

NICE!
Old Apr 9th 2005, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

seacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant future

The BNP are just thugs, louts, chavs and criminals.
If they ever won power the UK's economy would collapse overnight and the country would decend into civil war.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
Most people who post negative stories do it with the intention of helping you be better prepared for your move. They do not (in most cases) do it with the intention of putting you off.

Lets face it - we could tell you anything right now and nothing would put you off moving! You have made up your mind already.

Please try to take the facts given and consider how you would deal with the same issues. Its been said before that its very easy to sit in the UK and criticise someone else's move to Canada. Its also very easy to say you will cope with a minimum wage job but until you have tried it in Canada with no family and no old friends around you then you dont really know how you will cope. Try imagining having nobody in the UK you know well enough to talk to about things in your life and you will start to see how easy it is for a new immigrant to feel so cut off. Sometimes the forum is used to vent frustrations!

Try to have an open mind and accept that many people come to this forum seeking help. They cannot get the help they need if they dont post their negative stories. Others come with the intention of gathering opinions and information - many want to hear about the hardships too.

Mrs G
I agree with this statment.
I had spent many years coming back and forward to Canada from the UK. You are never truly prepared as you think you may be!
i did the research, i had spent much time here in this forum reading, i got a job before i arrived but this does not mean that it will be a bed of roses.
From cleaning s**t or managing director! it does not really matter. This is financial wealth and this is not how many of us measure happiness.
There have been many stories of people that start of here and seem to have everything, when really they had nothing at all and they end up returning to the UK.
So the stories that are here are only to help others to totally evaluate happiness. I agree with this totally!
This forum has helped many others through some extremly difficult times. This has almost become my free support group through amny of my personal ups and downs.
I am so glad i found these guys at times! thank you all
It is a rollercoaster ride and i am sure many others will come along for the ride.

Last edited by babyblue; Apr 9th 2005 at 1:57 am.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
I love Canada - it's my home.

My comments were that it's not a good place to be poor ... I'm not poor now and I certainly don't have any intention of being poor in the future.

But what a wonderfully Canadian attitude to take

You still haven't convinced me that you are actually in Canada.

I will jump in here and say i fully understand where you are coming from. I dread the thought of losing my job here. I have my son and everything to consider. I love Canada too but i agree with the message you are trying to get across.
If i was back in the UK at least i had a council house, NHS and income support to fall back on! Whereas here it terrifies me!
Especially if you do have a family to support. There is poverty wherever you go but the levels very greatly.
I was on benifits back in the UK.Not becuase i chose it but unfortunatly i had three children and my youngest was severly disabled. I also went to college full time which i had paid by DHSS.
The other side of the coin is, who wants to help themselves and who just can't seem to get out of the poverty trap?
After i lost my daughter i chose to fight for a better life.
I sometimes get frustrated becuase i can't seem to get ahead as soon as i wish but at the end of the day.... It was my choice to come here and start from scratch. I can't expect the hand outs.
LIFE IS ABOUT CHOICES!
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seacreature
Infant mortality is the best indicator of poverty and that shows Canada to be way better than Britain.
You can't take infant mortality rates in isolation as an indicator of poverty. Cuba has the lowest IMR in the Americas.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 9:57 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
Hey this thread is getting very lively. I think it should be remembered that there is a distinction between refugees and immigrants. Refugees are people in desperate need of refuge! There is also a distinction between REAL refugees and frauds. I, too knew Kosovans who genuinely had to flee for fear of persecution and have listened to their horrific stories with sadness. These, and people like them, are people in desperate need of assistance.

However, there are other people who are quite obviously NOT in need of assistance. Baileyalison has highlighted the amount of "refugees" who manage to pass through Germany, Netherlands, Belgium and France (to name but a few) with the sole purpose of ending up in Britain. I would also question these peoples "refugee" status.

The G8 countries certainly have a responsibility to care for the rest of the world and I am sure that the task is not any easy one.
THIS is what im trying to say how come we dont do what canada does and have a points system if you cant speak the language nil points if youve no recognised skills nil points prove you can support yourself and 20 family members nil points can you people not see that we are getting taken for a ride by schemers not people that are trying to escape there problems
Old Apr 9th 2005, 11:07 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

i hope they get in too
Very interesting. I'm wondering, how are you planning to reconcile your own future status as "an immigrant" with the BNP's repatriation policy of existing, legally-settled immigrants in Britain? Or are you just being flippant about your support of the BNP?
Old Apr 9th 2005, 11:15 am
Banned

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Very interesting. I'm wondering, how are you planning to reconcile your own future status as "an immigrant" with the BNP's repatriation policy of existing, legally-settled immigrants in Britain? Or are you just being flippant about your support of the BNP?
i dont support the bnp and im not a racist im just sick of the bullshit and the asylum seekers refugees or spongers taking us for granted and bleeding us dry they dont work speak the language but can manage to get to the post office to collect money it stinks
Old Apr 9th 2005, 11:25 am
jedi in training

buzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of light

THIS is what im trying to say how come we dont do what canada does and have a points system if you cant speak the language nil points if youve no recognised skills nil points prove you can support yourself and 20 family members nil points can you people not see that we are getting taken for a ride by schemers not people that are trying to escape there problems
What a pity the natives of all the countries we decided to colonize in the past didn’t have the same point system. I love it when I hear brits moaning about immigrants………usual stuff housing …..crime…education………jobs…….and so on. We never seem to remember that most of the people that have ended up here come here due to the interaction ( often negative) that our and allied countries have had in there home lands.

I would hazard a guess that even if all the potential immigrants to the uk were highly qualified or wealthy, bigots would still find something to harp on about. In our past we have had qualified doctors and nurses from other nations who were called on to come here to help keep the national health service propped up. As qualified as they were they were still treated very badly purely for the color of there skin and the accent they spoke English with.

Currently the uk had troops in Iraq against the wishes of the united nations and most of the world. I would guess that’s where most of the money need to run the uk is going.

drink time
Old Apr 9th 2005, 11:59 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont support the bnp
So your statement, "i hope they get in too" actually means "i dont support the bnp". Thanks for the clarification .

As I understand it, you're bothered by spongers in Britain, so you're heading off to Canada. What do you think about Canadians who hate immigrants? What do you think about Canadians who will hate you because you're an immigrant?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.