Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Bulldog spirit

Bulldog spirit

Old Apr 1st 2005, 3:20 pm
Banned

baileyalison is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bulldog spirit

as for the start off the thread bulldog spirit it finished in this country with the men and women who you see on the poppy day parade
Old Apr 1st 2005, 3:29 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baileyalison
hello i didnt say non white you did i dont care what colour anyone is or where there from as long as they bring skills and want to work not sponge and drain the uk dry which is what is happening i wish we did what canada does and had a points system then at least it would be regulated
so you'd rather see a refugee told to **** off and die in his home country then?
Those new EU countries have restrictions, they can't come over without either skills, or claim benefits within 2 years of entering the country.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 3:35 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I may owe you an apology, baileyalison, I'm sorry if I've mistakenly assumed a racist element to your xenophobia.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 3:53 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Well I’m always surprised by some people’s reasons for leaving the UK and on reading some of the more idiotic reasons given here…I’m sure I can guess which will be soon joining the ranks of the disillusioned Canadian immigrants

The first clue to failure is lack of good research…

The second clue is lack of understanding of said research…

The third is to make inaccurate comparisons between what you know and what you think you know…see item one and item two

Not directed at anybody in particular, but if you do have even the slightest degree of xenophobia then I can assure you that Canada will not be any pleasanter for you than what you already have
Old Apr 1st 2005, 4:04 pm
Banned

yes yes yes to everything why should people come here and sponge when theres already people here who cant afford to have a house put there heating on old people whove paid all there life trying to scrape by get a grip you do gooders and open youre eyes if the uk stopped giving instant benefits hotels etc you could sort the uk in a breathe why do so many people come through other countries ie france germany spain anywhere they can get here cause were a soft touch thats why if they are genuine why dont they stay at the first port of call because were spineless thats why
Old Apr 1st 2005, 4:10 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, you're having us on, dear.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 4:17 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

Well it is April Fools day you know!
Old Apr 1st 2005, 4:20 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

yes yes yes to everything why should people come here and sponge when theres already people here who cant afford to have a house put there heating on old people whove paid all there life trying to scrape by get a grip you do gooders and open youre eyes if the uk stopped giving instant benefits hotels etc you could sort the uk in a breathe why do so many people come through other countries ie france germany spain anywhere they can get here cause were a soft touch thats why if they are genuine why dont they stay at the first port of call because were spineless thats why
No ‘we’re’ not spineless we have a social system and are a relatively rich nation, and also have and currently are involved in a lot of issues around the world, and as such take a charitable role in the world as should all G7 nations with an ounce of social awareness..

You in your above statement have just come across as a selfish whiner with no concept of the bigger global picture.
However when you finally get over to Canada and live amongst people who have grown up in third world nations for whom English is maybe a third of fourth language and have really known poverty and have had to fight for the right just to live you should get a better understanding why people try to move to a better place… or maybe reflect on your own goals and perceptions… which I might suggest is rather than assist or attempt to fix your perceived problems at home you plan to chose to move to a location that could possibly offer you a better deal than you currently have…. In effect you’re no different that those you choose to moan about….

We could 'suggest' that Canada is spineless in the way it dropped the point score and is letting in so many sub standard immigrants these days… at least a few years ago those that came had to at least hit a decent standard….. It doesn’t read so nicely when its put that way does it……
Old Apr 1st 2005, 4:22 pm
Assimilated Pauper

I did actually laugh. The last post sounded like my mother.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 4:25 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by MikeUK
No ‘we’re’ not spineless we have a social system and are a relatively rich nation, and also have and currently are involved in a lot of issues around the world, and as such take a charitable role in the world as should all G7 nations with an ounce of social awareness..

You in your above statement have just come across as a selfish whiner with no concept of the bigger global picture.
However when you finally get over to Canada and live amongst people who have grown up in third world nations for whom English is maybe a third of fourth language and have really known poverty and have had to fight for the right just to live you should get a better understanding why people try to move to a better place… or maybe reflect on your own goals and perceptions… which I might suggest is rather than assist or attempt to fix your perceived problems at home you plan to chose to move to a location that could possibly offer you a better deal than you currently have…. In effect you’re no different that those you choose to moan about….

We could 'suggest' that Canada is spineless in the way it dropped the point score and is letting in so many sub standard immigrants these days… at least a few years ago those that came had to at least hit a decent standard….. It doesn’t read so nicely when its put that way does it……
yes it reads perfect as i would still get in sounds like you are a do gooder as well why did you leave if its so good why is our nhs in a shambles then because of spongers thats why get your head from up your a+++ and see the proper picture
Old Apr 1st 2005, 4:51 pm
Part Time Poster

yes it reads perfect as i would still get in sounds like you are a do gooder as well why did you leave if its so good why is our nhs in a shambles then because of spongers thats why get your head from up your a+++ and see the proper picture
Well I'm glad you’ve got plenty of points..

And I’m glad you see me as a “do gooder”….I take that as a complement thank you
The really sad part is that you see such a title as a bad thing.. just try to remember during your rants and ramblings that Canada as a nation tries to see its self as a nation of ‘do gooders’ which helps explain why they put so much faith in the UN and are so proud to wear the blue beret

And by “proper picture” I assume you mean to see it your way rather than any other particular way?

May I ask why you assume that your perception of the issues is superior to mine, I base my judgement on having lived in both the UK and Canada recently and being able to compare both systems from the inside….
Old Apr 1st 2005, 5:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Errr...who is holding our together NHS if not immigrants? Take away the non-British born employees and it would collapse.

Last edited by Biiiiink; Apr 1st 2005 at 5:30 pm. Reason: Duplication
Old Apr 1st 2005, 5:36 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Errr...who is holding our together NHS if not immigrants? Take away the non-British born employees and it would collapse.
dont give me that if the pay was right for what we got took out of our wages it wouldnt matter anyway why are you on here if its not for advice on canada why do you want to go there then if its so good here have the bottle to say why youre leaving because its a rat infested sh++hole thats why but cant admit it another do gooder
Old Apr 1st 2005, 5:40 pm
Banned

listen i will say again ive nothing against immigrants colour race whatever what i do have a problem with is the government being spineless and all we let here are sponging bastards that bring nothing to our economy its all take so wake up and look around you its happening everywhere in the uk dont kid yourself but dont say im racist or anything like that because im not
Old Apr 1st 2005, 5:52 pm
Assimilated Pauper

But, if the crux of your complaint against the government is that it lets immigrants in why would you want to go to a country of immigrants ? Not only would you have to rub shoulders with people similar to those you're escaping but you, yourself, will have become one of those people. To put it another way, if you're running away from a place because of the immigrants why should a place want you as an immigrant ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.