Reload this Page >

Best Shipping company?

Best Shipping company?

Old Oct 16th 2012, 11:22 am
Just Joined

paul n sue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best Shipping company?

Originally Posted by MegRobEarlee
Wonder if anyone had any idea of costs for self pack 20 ft container? we have a two bed house and will be taking the marjority of things with us, mainly antiques and memorabilia. we also have 2x road bikes and 2x vintage pashley bikes we will be taking. we are going to bin all the kitchen goods (nothing of value) and sell all the white goods here. I was budgeting about £4K but anywhere I can save money is a bonus as I am still an avid MSE'r and always will be even in canada!

really depends on from where to where, could be £2500 or could be £4000. Delivery charges are expensive, sorry cant be more help. I doubt it would be more than £4k though.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

deltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond repute

We are moving next week to BC.
The household stuff left 25 September. Will arrive the 29 October.
We are going to an almost remote area and it was no problem for our shipper.
Not cheap, but cheaper than anyone else by more than 2000£.

So far so fantastic for the Moving Partnership. Tracy is very professional and works hard for you. The packers did in two days what the other guys wanted to do in four. And ours included the reassembly of 8 items and a special crate made for one of our desks.
I will update when it all lands.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by deltadeliquent
We are moving next week to BC.
The household stuff left 25 September. Will arrive the 29 October.
We are going to an almost remote area and it was no problem for our shipper.
Not cheap, but cheaper than anyone else by more than 2000£.

So far so fantastic for the Moving Partnership. Tracy is very professional and works hard for you. The packers did in two days what the other guys wanted to do in four. And ours included the reassembly of 8 items and a special crate made for one of our desks.
I will update when it all lands.
we thought the moving partnership were great too until our container arrived !!! funny how a 'sealed' container can arrive with itemised and logged property missing !!! Stolen! and so much damage to our property its heartbreaking! Now we are trying to get an insurance pay out (insurance Tracy organised) but I'm not holding my breath .....
Old Oct 18th 2012, 2:30 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by luvmeboys
we thought the moving partnership were great too until our container arrived !!! funny how a 'sealed' container can arrive with itemised and logged property missing !!! Stolen! and so much damage to our property its heartbreaking! Now we are trying to get an insurance pay out (insurance Tracy organised) but I'm not holding my breath .....
Was the container still sealed when it arrived at your house? If it wasnt then the agent who recieved the container, needs to tell you if they broke the seal or not. If the seal was broken when it arrived at your recieving agents warehouse, he should have photographed it and sent a report to the UL agent, telling them the conatiner was unsealed and the condition of the the contents. This is standard practice for our company.

The UK agent that arranged your move should be dealing with the insurance for you, and putting your mind at rest, If goods have been stolen then, they need to establish at what point this could have happened, they should be doing a full investigation, and keeping you updated. - Good luck.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
Was the container still sealed when it arrived at your house? If it wasnt then the agent who recieved the container, needs to tell you if they broke the seal or not. If the seal was broken when it arrived at your recieving agents warehouse, he should have photographed it and sent a report to the UL agent, telling them the conatiner was unsealed and the condition of the the contents. This is standard practice for our company.

The UK agent that arranged your move should be dealing with the insurance for you, and putting your mind at rest, If goods have been stolen then, they need to establish at what point this could have happened, they should be doing a full investigation, and keeping you updated. - Good luck.
Thanks, we live in Vancouver Island and the container was unpacked at Vancouver and reloaded onto a lorry for some reason! No apologies or any thing!
Old Oct 18th 2012, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

paul n sue is an unknown quantity at this point

r u sure containers can go on the ferry?
Old Oct 18th 2012, 4:05 pm

Thanks, we live in Vancouver Island and the container was unpacked at Vancouver and reloaded onto a lorry for some reason! No apologies or any thing!
Who opened and unpacked the container? you need to find out from them if the seal was broken or if they broke it. Was the container sealed at your residence when it was packed?
Old Oct 18th 2012, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Who opened and unpacked the container? you need to find out from them if the seal was broken or if they broke it. Was the container sealed at your residence when it was packed?
Yes the container was sealed in our full view. I wouldnt touch Moving Partnership or any of their partners ever!
Old Oct 19th 2012, 12:19 am

Yes the container was sealed in our full view. I wouldnt touch Moving Partnership or any of their partners ever!
You need to find out where the container was opened, and if you feel your property has been stolen report it to the police, or at least threaten to do so. You have insurance, I would make a big nuisance of your self until they pay up.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

You need to find out where the container was opened, and if you feel your property has been stolen report it to the police, or at least threaten to do so. You have insurance, I would make a big nuisance of your self until they pay up.
Do I sense a lets blame CBSA if nobody else owns up to breaking the seal
I was always shocked to see many carrier manifests not notating seal numbers and how many containers were not sealed when arriving.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
I was always shocked to see many carrier manifests not notating seal numbers and how many containers were not sealed when arriving.
now fl, I'd never blame cbsa for this, it was obviously done on both sides of the ocean - tv, electric fans, games consul and games in Uk ( I bought transformers for them!) the damaged stuff probably in Vancouver !!!
Old Oct 19th 2012, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

deltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond repute

Ok... Now I'm really in Panic mode!
Do you know the name of that secondary shipper to Vancouver?
We are to attend customs in Campbell River, but I'm sure it will be in Vancouver (and Montreal) first.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian

Absolutely not. If CBSA had opened it, it would be resealed by them. I was thinking the receiving agent was to blame, but didn't want to come right out and say that. My experience tells me that any container I have seen opened or goods inspected at our warehouse have always been treat with respect by CBSA.

The problem with people always looking for cheapest move is corners are cut in terms of, packing materials, quality of staff ect ect.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by deltadeliquent
Ok... Now I'm really in Panic mode!
Do you know the name of that secondary shipper to Vancouver?
We are to attend customs in Campbell River, but I'm sure it will be in Vancouver (and Montreal) first.
the secondary movers were Tiptree or some thing like that. I'm sure your move will be okay
Old Oct 19th 2012, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

THANKS. I think we are dealing with Canadian International Removals.
Fingers crossed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.