Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Been here a week now

Been here a week now

Old Jun 15th 2007, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Been here a week now

Originally Posted by printer
Oh i've got lots more ike that, maybe if i have time i'll post a few more later.
I am typing this whilst looking at that very view and the sun is shining, my only wish is that it was my place and not a rental suite!
You're up early! I just logged in and while I was looking your post appeared!
Mind you if I were living were you were, as I said, I'll be up too.

Why don't you ask to buy it? Or is it too small?
Just looked at the weather there (isn't the interweb great...) and it's 8 degrees and sunny, 7.30 in the morning... had your cornflakes yet?
It's peeing down with rain here, on and off.
Yep put up more pics, spoke to Lesley and emailed her the photo, she phoned me and sad "So we're going to Kelowna now then?".
What you going to be doing at the weekend? Cycling? Running? Snowboarding? Sailing? Lapdancing? Swimming? Skiing? Or just chillin'...
Old Jun 15th 2007, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely stunning view Printer, please do put more up. Photos like that re-enforce my feelings about BC and make me want to wish the next 3 years of my life away whilst we are waiting in the queue.
What town is that on the other side?
Old Jun 15th 2007, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

Great shot, Printer!

Robin, the pic is taken from the Westside, I believe close to the Rose Valley area - it looks directly at Kelowna.

There currently is a process being voted on as to whether Westside should amalgamate with Kelowna, incorporate or remain with the Regional District. It's been the "talk of the town".

Oggy
Old Jun 15th 2007, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
Absolutely stunning view Printer, please do put more up. Photos like that re-enforce my feelings about BC and make me want to wish the next 3 years of my life away whilst we are waiting in the queue.
Yes as Nessie says we are staying in Westside which is very nice but in order to get into Kelowna itself you have to cross the famous bridge which causes many traffic snarl ups and i would imagine is a bit of a pain if you do it daily.
They are building another bridge to ease the situation but i think it wil be 2010 before it's finished.
Nessie has been great help to us so my thanks to her and hubby Siv, it really does help when you have made so many contacts on these forums.

I will post some more pics later, we are off out on a short walk, maybe get a shot of a bear or two!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 11:01 am

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as the Jeep Liberty goes, we landed last week and bought our cars yesterday. Be careful on the insurance. We were told to stay away from Jeep if we wanted good insurance quotes - don't know if that is crap but you may just need to check!

Take Care and good to know someone else is doing the start off stuff like us
Mrs Miggins
Old Jun 15th 2007, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Leewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the rough

Hey printer do you print for a living? i am a litho printer, how did you find a job? any help would be great cheers Lee
Old Jun 15th 2007, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Miggins
As far as the Jeep Liberty goes, we landed last week and bought our cars yesterday. Be careful on the insurance. We were told to stay away from Jeep if we wanted good insurance quotes - don't know if that is crap but you may just need to check!

Take Care and good to know someone else is doing the start off stuff like us
Mrs Miggins
We have the quote already and they want $1600 for the year, that is for any family member driving who has held a license for 10+ years and includes to and from work/school with no mileage limitations. It also allows for 40% discount once our UK driving no claims is proved.
Don't forget in BC it is government controlled so you cannot shop around as you can in the UK for the basic legal coverage, but you can top up by buying aditional cover from private sources.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Leewales
Hey printer do you print for a living? i am a litho printer, how did you find a job? any help would be great cheers Lee
Hello Leewales

No i don't work in the litho business i'm afraid i was in a more specialized industry known as pad printing.
I don't know what i am going to do out here yet so will be leaving my options open.
Our realtor told me she has helped a new immigrant out with a new house and he has a business he is starting so she would wilingly put my name his way. I haven't got a clue what he does or who he is looking for but who knows, they say it's all about making contacts so it cannot do any harm.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 3:13 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh and i haven't watched TV since we got here, it really is crap and if you mis a program no worries it will be on again later and tomorrow and the next day blah blah
Have you seen any beavers?
Old Jun 15th 2007, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Have you seen any beavers?
Are you offering?????
Old Jun 15th 2007, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to all

nice one printer
Old Jun 16th 2007, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BC ,wow ! want a great view to look at everyday
from your house.
Yoong
Old Jun 17th 2007, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
Well it's been raining a lot yesterday but today was better so took a couple more pictures from the classic car event being held on the lakeshore downtown.
Mines the Hummer (i wish)

Old Jun 18th 2007, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=printer;4929355]

That's the one on your avatar! You HAVE to buy it!
I'll loan you the cost at 70%, is that ok?
Old Jun 18th 2007, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=steve666;4933680]

That's the one on your avatar! You HAVE to buy it!
I'll loan you the cost at 70%, is that ok?
I think it would be a tad expensive to buy. I have seen it driving around a couple of times and a vey nice convertible Viper in bright orange!!!!!!!!
It seems that people here either have something real outrageous or a right rust bucket.
A Jeep pulls up alongside us today at the lights being driven by a nice looking blonde with some large sunglasses and a dog sitting on her lap. I suppose i should be grateful she wasn't on the phone and drinking coffee as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.