Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Which Bank are you with and Why ?

Which Bank are you with and Why ?

Old Apr 20th 2011, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

thesidds has a spectacular aura aboutthesidds has a spectacular aura aboutthesidds has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Which Bank are you with and Why ?

HSBC when we first moved, then switched to PC cause it's free
Old Apr 21st 2011, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Which Bank are you with and Why ?

Originally Posted by dbd33
Not if what you want from air travel is low cost. The airport tax on free tickets from AC is about the same as paying the whole fare on another carrier. If you place great value on flying business class then, yes, the points used to "finance" the upgrade have a large nominal dollar value but, to me, a chicken in the pot or, indeed, the pot itself, is more valuable then a few hours of more comfortable seating.
I got caught out with the Aeroplan points. I flew to the UK by Air Canada using the points, and the taxes alone cost me more than an Air Transat flight, plus some other surcharges they levied.