Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anybody in Sussex, Surrey?...

Anybody in Sussex, Surrey?...

Old Jan 17th 2010, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anybody in Sussex, Surrey?...

If we get enough people together who are up for it then I'm happy to organise something somewhere... We could all wear a Maple Leaf in our button hole to be recognised?

If there are not many people we could meet in a pub!

Howefamily, you don't work at the airport by any chance do you as my OH works there and knows several people planning the great escape...
Old Jan 17th 2010, 6:10 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
I won't hold it against you that you've gone already!! I used to live in Woking, maybe we know each other!!
We lived in Horsell (69 Meadway Drive)..... and here is one of those spooky moments you seem to get here in Canada. We were invited to a halloween party and while talking with the wife of the host she mentioned her English Uncle lived near Woking and I responded with we lived in Horsell. She went upstairs and found out his address and it was .... 57 Meadway Drive Horsell .... It turns out that my eldest daughter used to talk to him on her way back from school... how weird is that?
Old Jan 17th 2010, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules
We lived in Horsell (69 Meadway Drive)..... and here is one of those spooky moments you seem to get here in Canada. We were invited to a halloween party and while talking with the wife of the host she mentioned her English Uncle lived near Woking and I responded with we lived in Horsell. She went upstairs and found out his address and it was .... 57 Meadway Drive Horsell .... It turns out that my eldest daughter used to talk to him on her way back from school... how weird is that?
It's a VERY small world!
How old are your kids and where did they go to school?
We lived in Goldsworth Park, nothing as posh as Horsell!
Old Jan 17th 2010, 10:45 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

It's a VERY small world!
How old are your kids and where did they go to school?
We lived in Goldsworth Park, nothing as posh as Horsell!
They are now 19 and 22, they both started at Horsell CofE junior school and both went to Woking High (short walk from home as they are at either end of Meadway Drive). We moved from Nottingham (the posh part of course) to Horsell in 1996(half the house for twice the price of our previous home). Then we moved here and brought three times the house for half the price

My eldest played hockey at Woking Hockey club on Goldsworth Park. Boy did you meet some brats out there in the evening....
Old Jan 18th 2010, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh mine were too young to be hanging around the streets when we lived there. Moved down from Woking in 2000 to get away from all that and also for house prices (Worthing was very cheap in those days, but no longer!!)
The 2 older boys are 18 and 16 and went to Beaufort Primary school, which is where all the dubious characters congregated I think! I believe it's been closed down now!!!
Old Jan 18th 2010, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

lindaANDneil is a jewel in the roughlindaANDneil is a jewel in the roughlindaANDneil is a jewel in the roughlindaANDneil is a jewel in the rough

We are in Eastbourne, Sussex. Due to leave for Vancouver in about 10 weeks on the skilled worker visa, feeling nervous and excited 24/7! Happy to meet somewhere to share info and experiences.

Linda & Neil
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

arabian77 is on a distinguished road

I've been talking to the oh and we have said we don't mind travelling to meet up with others.
Linda and Neil we are practically neighbours as Les and I live in Polegate.

Sara
Old Jan 18th 2010, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

lindaANDneil is a jewel in the roughlindaANDneil is a jewel in the roughlindaANDneil is a jewel in the roughlindaANDneil is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by arabian77
I've been talking to the oh and we have said we don't mind travelling to meet up with others.
Linda and Neil we are practically neighbours as Les and I live in Polegate.

Sara
Excellent, Hello! My best friend is called Sara and she emigrated in 2006 to Kelowna. That's how I got started on this long process in the first place! If we get something organised, it would be great to meet :-)
Old Jan 18th 2010, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hello everyone

How about a pub somewhere during the week when it's a bit quieter?
Judging by the response we need somewhere just off the M23, I would think, so if anybody knows anywhere nice please say...
Old Jan 19th 2010, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Hello everyone

How about a pub somewhere during the week when it's a bit quieter?
Judging by the response we need somewhere just off the M23, I would think, so if anybody knows anywhere nice please say...
How about East Croydon or Gatwick airport or depending where people are coming from Brighton even?
Old Jan 19th 2010, 12:03 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

If we get enough people together who are up for it then I'm happy to organise something somewhere... We could all wear a Maple Leaf in our button hole to be recognised?

If there are not many people we could meet in a pub!

Howefamily, you don't work at the airport by any chance do you as my OH works there and knows several people planning the great escape...
Hi, no we dont have anyone working there. Hope you can arrange a meetup, that would be great!
Old Jan 19th 2010, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by arabian77
How about East Croydon or Gatwick airport or depending where people are coming from Brighton even?
Trouble with the airport is that it can be a bit expensive parking there.
BUT the Gatwick Manor is really nice and has free parking and is easy to get to.

If you feel that's the right place then we need to decide on a date!!!!! How about a Saturday night in the next few weeks? (OH works shifts but is available for the next few weekends...)
Old Jan 19th 2010, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Trouble with the airport is that it can be a bit expensive parking there.
BUT the Gatwick Manor is really nice and has free parking and is easy to get to.

If you feel that's the right place then we need to decide on a date!!!!! How about a Saturday night in the next few weeks? (OH works shifts but is available for the next few weekends...)
That's true and the drinks can be pricey too. We may travel by train so hopefully any place we pick is near to a train station.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

....so shall we say the Gatwick Manor in about 3 weeks time? Please let me know what date suits best...

Thank you
Old Jan 20th 2010, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

....so shall we say the Gatwick Manor in about 3 weeks time? Please let me know what date suits best...

Thank you
Hi there, would anyone be interested in meeting in East Croydon? As transport to Gatwick maybe an issue?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.