Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anybody in Sussex, Surrey?...

Wikiposts

Anybody in Sussex, Surrey?...

Old Mar 4th 2010, 10:32 am

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anybody in Sussex, Surrey?...

No worries. We went to the Emigration Show at Sandown in 97 and found it really useful; not so much on the Police front but just for getting lots of general stuff and making contacts.

We know a lot of ex-UK officers over here now and they all love it so keep trying!!

Originally Posted by hyperballad0
If you hear of anything, I would be grateful if you could let me know! He has emailed several Police forces within Ontario (where we are looking at moving to) but has heard nothing back Hopefully the Emigration show this weekend maybe able to help us!
Old Mar 7th 2010, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

We were at the Bear along with Iwilli63 and our families AND I wandered around the pub waving a Canadian flag AND stuck the flag up at our table. Where were you all? Oh well, it was nice to chat to another local family who are moving out to BC....and we left when the kids got too bored at about 440 pm.

The Emigrate show itself was very quiet this year and there weren't any crowds at all. I did go to the migrant meet section and ask around for BE members but no-one admitted to it anyway.

We didn't learn anything that we didn't already know but it helps to go to feed the dream........

We would still be up for another group meet......

Last edited by Robin (The Gadget family); Mar 7th 2010 at 5:41 am.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 4:48 am
Just Joined

hyperballad0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
We were at the Bear along with Iwilli63 and our families AND I wandered around the pub waving a Canadian flag AND stuck the flag up at our table. Where were you all? Oh well, it was nice to chat to another local family who are moving out to BC....and we left when the kids got too bored at about 440 pm.

The Emigrate show itself was very quiet this year and there weren't any crowds at all. I did go to the migrant meet section and ask around for BE members but no-one admitted to it anyway.

We didn't learn anything that we didn't already know but it help to go to feed the dream........

We would still be up for another group meet......
Hey Robin - apologies about today. We went to the show and we were done in about 3 hours - a lot less time than we had anticipated! My mum then said she needed to get home, so we had to head off. I too went to the emmigration meet up at the show and it was pretty deserted the whole time.

Happy to re-arrange a meet up though
Old Mar 7th 2010, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We went to the emigrate show and wandered around trying to kill time as it was more for the atmosphere that we went but it was very quiet and we got around very quickly.
The immigrant meeting point was empty other than when my 11 yr old commandered a table to finish off his colouring for the Fox's competition.
We left around 1pm and my husband was feeling very rough as he has been suffering from blocked sinuses and headaches for the last few days and all he wanted was to go home.

So a massive apology to all those people whom I said we would meet at the Bear and hopefully we will still be able to get together another time.

Nicky
Old Mar 8th 2010, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

No probs guys.

I'll start another thread for an exclusive Canada meet-up.....