Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

After 3 years we leaving

After 3 years we leaving

Old Sep 28th 2011, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

kirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to all
Default Re: After 3 years we leaving

well today got a phone call from CIC saying dont need a new LMO just send in a job offer and some other easy stuff, as the LMO was valid when we applied and they understand its not our fault , very shocked..
Then got another phone call a little later from our lawyer saying a new TWP is in the post to us we dont need to do anything .

So again 2 different stories but both good , but wont hold my breath when CIC say something is in the post , either way we still going to move on to pastures new, our hearts are set on somewhere else now.

And another bit of good news our lawyer isnt charging us anything for his time, he has been very good and helpful gone above and beyond what he needed to do, he said he doesnt like people being wronged
So seems not all lawyers are heartless and bleed you dry its just CIC.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 6:51 pm
Banned

Beaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to behold

1st post was on Sept 23rd, saying you're leaving

6 days later you've got the chance of a reprieve, but it's too late ?

on your blog you mention the economic climate here being another reason to re-locate to europe ; no mention of this here though ?

what's your book about incidentally ???
Old Sep 29th 2011, 7:10 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beaverquest
on your blog you mention the economic climate here being another reason to re-locate to europe ; no mention of this here though ?
Europe's economic climate would be more of a concern than Canada's right now.

http://www.economist.com/node/21530115
Old Sep 30th 2011, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

kirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Beaverquest
1st post was on Sept 23rd, saying you're leaving

6 days later you've got the chance of a reprieve, but it's too late ?

what's your book about incidentally ???
the economic climate was why we had to leave as due to it we would be unable to get a new LMO thus not getting the new TWP. But there was no point in getting into technical detail on the blog. As for deciding to leave in 6 days !! this has been going on for 2yrs. The final straw was the letter from CIC saying we to do it all again which we got a couple of weeks ago (3months after it was sent)
I no longer have any faith in CIC and dont believe a word of it as they been telling porkies for 2yrs to me.

The book is a chic lit mystery. Have only just decided on a name for it to
Old Sep 30th 2011, 2:28 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you really a writer? Grammar wasnt a strong point for me at school, and I seem to struggle with putting,,,, & ...... in all the right places, but reading your posts, and your blog, I see you have a similar problem, lots of little i instead of I when referring to you, and lots of sentences that have no punctuation. So I wonder did you write the book, or record it, and someone typed the manuscript for you?

Sorry to hear about your problems with CIC.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 2:34 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but Italy is in rough shape at the moment. Good chance of major tax hikes and so on. Like I said if Italy were my thing I think I'd be looking at the Italian-speaking part of Switzerland. Lots of writers, musicians etc. move to Switzerland because of taxes.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 3:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
Are you really a writer? Grammar wasnt a strong point for me at school, and I seem to struggle with putting,,,, & ...... in all the right places, but reading your posts, and your blog, I see you have a similar problem, lots of little i instead of I when referring to you, and lots of sentences that have no punctuation. So I wonder did you write the book, or record it, and someone typed the manuscript for you?
That's what editors are for
Old Sep 30th 2011, 5:56 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator

http://www.economist.com/node/21530115
It might be, but if both are tough and in one you need a LMO and another you don't..

the chance of getting a job will be skewed, I think, in favour of the one you're eligable to be employed without the LMO.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 12:46 pm
Banned

steff123 has a spectacular aura aboutsteff123 has a spectacular aura aboutsteff123 has a spectacular aura about

sorry to hear about your problems with the CIC. Whilst myself, I have never had any problems with them, I always had the impression that this would be an organisation with which one could have lot's of problems. Even after I recieved my citizenship, I was never too sure, wether it would really be true, or wether I would recive a letter later on, that "it was all a misktake" or " after 2 years onwards we discoverd that you actually failed the citizenship test" or something like that......

I have seen similar developments in my job life before. Management decides this way today, tomorrow the other way, but then to the disadvantage of the employee, lot's of "I am sorry for the inconvenience" - (if at all) mistakes of others being played out on somebody else who has the least fault or influence on the matter.

I guess, everyone has a story to tell, or certain thoughts, if one let's his thoughts room for possibilites.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 1:01 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steff123
"it was all a misktake" or "
Oh the irony.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 1:11 pm
Banned

steff123 has a spectacular aura aboutsteff123 has a spectacular aura aboutsteff123 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Tangram
Oh the irony.
yes, it was irony, not in reality.

But in other matters of my life, - unfortunately - I have experienced this behaviour.

No problems with the CIC when I lived in Canada.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 6:02 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steff123
Even after I recieved my citizenship, I was never too sure, wether it would really be true, or wether I would recive a letter later on, that "it was all a misktake" or " after 2 years onwards we discoverd that you actually failed the citizenship test" or something like that......

I used to have a recurring dream where someone in the education department discovered I'd left school 6 months too soon and, even though I'd been employed for several years, I had to go back to school to complete the time.