Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

After 3 years we leaving

After 3 years we leaving

Old Sep 26th 2011, 10:34 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: After 3 years we leaving

Some people just cannot get on with bureaucracy. I am very grateful that otherwise sensible and intelligent people can be reduced to quivering wrecks by the sight of a tax return.

I think the OP posted about similar problems with the CRA not so long ago. Maybe she is just unlucky with bureaucrats, or maybe there is more.
Old Sep 26th 2011, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Did you even read the post? 6 months is plenty of time to renew a work permit, and they had been accepted for a PNP place, only CIC screwed up. Its not like they had done nothing.

Seriously, give your head a shake, have some empathy for once.
Seriously I have empathy for everybody that goes through so much trouble. Just find it a bit odd, looking at previous posts that everybody seems to loose her documents. CIC the PNP, CRA the tax return, the bank the statements and ICBC the sticker for the car . Seriously either she is a very, very unlucky person and then she deserves all the empathy the whole BE community can give or there might be more to the story.....
As I don't know I'll say "good luck in Italy and hopefully you'll be luckier there"
Old Sep 27th 2011, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

kirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to all

nope there is nothing else to the "story"

we did everything in plenty of time, we even did it at the same time as others the same way, they now sitting pretty on there residency whilst we have nothing and its 100% the goverments fault. We have seen the write ups (forgot the tech word for it) for the phone calls between me and the CIC our lawyer got these, and it shows them contradicting themselves alot. We kept the dates of all phonecalls and get everything in emails .

But as expected there is always the negativity and the doubters on this forum. I just hope this kinda thing doesnt happen to you.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kirstya

we did everything in plenty of time, we even did it at the same time as others the same way, they now sitting pretty on there residency whilst we have nothing and its 100% the goverments fault. We have seen the write ups (forgot the tech word for it) for the phone calls between me and the CIC our lawyer got these, and it shows them contradicting themselves alot. We kept the dates of all phonecalls and get everything in emails .

But as expected there is always the negativity and the doubters on this forum. I just hope this kinda thing doesnt happen to you.
Would that be Transcripts
Old Sep 27th 2011, 1:05 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Would that be Transcripts
CAIPS perhaps?
Old Sep 27th 2011, 1:47 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Applicant - your sponsor cannot sponsor you.
Dear CIC - please look again in view of this correct information.
Dear Applicant - We can't. You must make a new application if circumstances are different to those we used.

Okay, but wouldn't it be better to decide on the correct information rather than something that is wrong?

Dear CIC - Here is a new application.
Dear Applicant - You cannot make a new application as the original one has not yet been decided.

Later:
Dear Applicant - We are sorry for the errors made in processing the application. What we should have done was to........

Uh...okay, but why not do that now?

It took nearly three years instead of six months for what was a straightforward spousal sponsorship. There were two sets of fees and two sets of medical fees (the first one having expired due to their error/delays) and a second application identical to the original - including a further request that they do what they said they should have done with the first application.

A detailed complaint, including their apology/admission of error, to the Immigration Minister was passed to CIC and they responded with a "form letter" outlining their normal procedures. And that's it?

I would believe plenty about CIC.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kirstya

If I thought that I had a strong case, I would contact my elected representatives - provincial and federal -and get them involved. I've had success with this in the past.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 1:55 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarylandNed
If I thought that I had a strong case, I would contact my elected representatives - provincial and federal -and get them involved. I've had success with this in the past.
They wont care, they are not PRs and cant VOTE
Old Sep 27th 2011, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Or get the press ,tv and radio involved If all these horror stories of CIC are true then surely something can be done.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 2:10 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Has the OP contacted the Program Manager for the Processing Office about this?
Old Sep 27th 2011, 2:21 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Or get the press ,tv and radio involved If all these horror stories of CIC are true then surely something can be done.
Its Canada, government incompetence is the accepted norm..

Nobody cares; if you’re lucky this is news for the back half the local paper next to the help wanted adds everybody thinks there are too many immigrants and one less immigrant due to incompetence by the CIC isn't going to create headlines.

As it was put earlier, without Citizenship you can’t vote, so unless this is part of a spousal and your partner can vote no MP or MPP is coming to your aid, if you have no ties to Canada they won’t see your lack of admission as a problem they’ll want to make an effort over, that is unless you’re a celebrity somewhere or have massively critical skills and already get good media cover and helping you will increase their exposure!

I believe this basically the same the world over when it comes to immigration

Last edited by MikeUK; Sep 27th 2011 at 2:29 pm. Reason: PR to citizenship in response to Almost Canadians Post
Old Sep 27th 2011, 2:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Dear Applicant - your sponsor cannot sponsor you.
Dear CIC - please look again in view of this correct information.
Dear Applicant - We can't. You must make a new application if circumstances are different to those we used.

Okay, but wouldn't it be better to decide on the correct information rather than something that is wrong?

Dear CIC - Here is a new application.
Dear Applicant - You cannot make a new application as the original one has not yet been decided.

Later:
Dear Applicant - We are sorry for the errors made in processing the application. What we should have done was to........

Uh...okay, but why not do that now?

It took nearly three years instead of six months for what was a straightforward spousal sponsorship. There were two sets of fees and two sets of medical fees (the first one having expired due to their error/delays) and a second application identical to the original - including a further request that they do what they said they should have done with the first application.

A detailed complaint, including their apology/admission of error, to the Immigration Minister was passed to CIC and they responded with a "form letter" outlining their normal procedures. And that's it?

I would believe plenty about CIC.
Do you expect anything else from civil servants?
Old Sep 27th 2011, 2:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Neither can PRs
Old Sep 27th 2011, 2:29 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Neither can PRs
But PRs grow up to be citizens
Old Sep 27th 2011, 2:32 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Do you expect anything else from civil servants?

Not since I've been here, no. (Although at Province level they seem much better.)

I am surprised, though, that an MP enquiry (remembering that the sponsor is a citizen) could result in nothing more than a form letter whereas in the UK other work was dropped and priority given, leading to a correction, with compensation for losses incurred, or full explanation if all was correct.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.