Reload this Page >

Accent complaint

Accent complaint

Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Accent complaint

Originally Posted by prodigyking
Agreed, talking to a crybaby is a lot better than talking to a wall.
Keep banging your head against the brick wall, and just maybe if we're all lucky, you may just gain the maturity you need one day to be able to work and live in the "real world"......
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:43 pm
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
Keep banging your head against the brick wall, and just maybe if we're all lucky, you may just gain the maturity you need one day to be able to work and live in the "real world"......
no you're gonna get a bloody head... unless the wall is very soft... or your head is very hard...

i'll shut up now...
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

prodigyking will become famous soon enough

Here is a little bit of entertaining bit from my new book “How To Be a Canadian�.

“Now, we’re not saying the West Coast of Canada is a haven for spaced-out, looney-tune, New Age, wacked-out flakes, but it’s a fact that any given moment 70% of the population of B.C. is chained to a tree. And the remaining 40% is attempting to cut it down. (I know the numbers don’t add up, but then, neither does B.C.)�

Willmore, I am sure you are part of the 40%, cuz you keep yanking my chain. Yup, I will make sure to stay away from your neck of the woods. See you tomorrow my love. Don't forget to bring tea!
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:51 pm
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

you do pick'em Willmore...
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Here is a little bit of entertaining bit from my new book “How To Be a Canadian�.

“Now, we’re not saying the West Coast of Canada is a haven for spaced-out, looney-tune, New Age, wacked-out flakes, but it’s a fact that any given moment 70% of the population of B.C. is chained to a tree. And the remaining 40% is attempting to cut it down. (I know the numbers don’t add up, but then, neither does B.C.)�

Willmore, I am sure you are part of the 40%, cuz you keep yanking my chain. Yup, I will make sure to stay away from your neck of the woods. See you tomorrow my love. Don't forget to bring tea!
Yanking your chain?......I'm sure I have no idea what you mean? Yep, the stats are correct, I was one of "those nuts" that protested logging - and guess what.....WE WON!!!!!!!

You forgot to add that we produce the best "BC bud" in the world....something to be proud of isn't it?
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ksct97
you do pick'em Willmore...
I didn't pick him, McGrouch was doing an excellent job on his own, then he disappeared....and I just wanted to have some fun......

Your comments were very very funny......
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:00 pm
Invisi... K

Your comments were very very funny......
i try... though they don't get me nominated for anything !
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:15 pm
Glaswegian

Where is Mr G? Well funnily enough he had to deal with clients - all of these clients understand him very well in case you were wondering.

Ignore the people who dont understand him? Well the problem is that he is understood very well but the one main individual concerned just chooses to pick on his accent. And this individual is in a position of power.

Wee wirey Scotsman? Not Mr G!

So back to the original question - is there any recourse in law?

Mrs G

Old Feb 8th 2005, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

SimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really nice

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
Where is Mr G? Well funnily enough he had to deal with clients - all of these clients understand him very well in case you were wondering.

Ignore the people who dont understand him? Well the problem is that he is understood very well but the one main individual concerned just chooses to pick on his accent. And this individual is in a position of power.

Wee wirey Scotsman? Not Mr G!

So back to the original question - is there any recourse in law?

Mrs G
I would probably think so. We had to do a 'Respect In The Workplace Course' about a year ago. Probably comes under cultural discrimination.

Should have a look at the employment websites, if it's not there I would think that there will be a link.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 11:49 pm
Glaswegian

Now try working on your professional vocabulary!
I've got the sort of professional vocabulary that you will one day aspire to

Old Feb 8th 2005, 11:50 pm
Glaswegian

I don't think there is any doubt who will win in the end.........is there?
Based on the history of Albania ... usually the opposing side

Old Feb 8th 2005, 11:51 pm
Glaswegian

I agree with you. The Queen is gonna win this one too. The drama-queen that is!
This comment from the poster with Eddie Izzard avatar??

How about handbags at fifty paces?

Old Feb 8th 2005, 11:53 pm
Glaswegian

The hysterical part is that I get gang-jumped on because I point out that Mr. CryBaby is spinning his wheels at another lost cause.
Got to admit that this thread contains some of the funniest stuff I've seen today.

If you get gang-jumped on a regular basis, is it because you go out dressed like Mr Izzard??

Old Feb 8th 2005, 11:57 pm
Glaswegian

What's so prejudice and small-minded about complaining about somebody's accent? Since when has that become part of a ridiculously-politically-correct world? If somebody doesn't understand you, he better make sure to point it out.
Picking on people for anything ethnic that they can't help is technically oppressing their basic human rights ...

I do not "want" to move there.
A feeling that will probably be shared by most Canadians when they meet you.

I also have the pleasure to inform you that my day is being enjoyed talking to such wonderful folk as yourself.
Your day is being enjoyed? I'm sure it's being most satisfied too ...

Old Feb 8th 2005, 11:58 pm
Glaswegian

I didn't pick him, McGrouch was doing an excellent job on his own, then he disappeared....and I just wanted to have some fun......
Some of us have to go to work sometimes ... I'm sure ProdigyQueen will understand that when he grows up and gets a proper job.

Last edited by Glaswegian; Feb 9th 2005 at 12:01 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.