Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

2 questions from a just landed newbie

2 questions from a just landed newbie

Old May 26th 2012, 1:56 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 questions from a just landed newbie

Originally Posted by London Mike
Don't buy meat in No Frills it's absolutely shit.
Get a cut from the other end then!

Get staples from NoFrills or CostCo
Buy staples from Staples, Costco don't sell staples.
Old May 27th 2012, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Monique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to behold

not sure if anyone has said this...and I can't be bothered to read 5 pages, but Walmart do a price promise....so when ya flyers come through go through em and then take the ones u need for your weekly shop and then u just shop in one place....Walmart!!
Old May 27th 2012, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Lvh76 is on a distinguished road

Just been to Walmart and have left feeling fairly traumatised ;b
Old May 28th 2012, 3:49 am
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lvh76
A trip to Walmart always leaves me feeling like that too! It looks quite ok from the outside but it is such a depressingly dated and grubby store with a lot of weirdo customers. The only things that I buy there are some toiletry items as they are often considerably cheaper, eg Simple and John Frieda Hair products.

Shop at Costco for meat, (though we always come out with tons of other stuff) Superstore and Sobeys for everything else and Co- op for booze.
Old May 30th 2012, 12:10 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
I understand people will go out of their way for bargains, and that's fine. I'm too lazy.
Sounds to me like your OH does most of the grocery shopping.
Old May 30th 2012, 12:12 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lvh76
I HATE Wal-Mart. The only place worse to shop than a Wal-Mart is a Canadian Wal-Mart, because at least in an American one you might actually find something worth buying.

Oddly when I go into the one in Great Falls it's actually quite a nice place to shop, probably because it's the main store there and people feel quite proud to get a job there and serve the community.

But my local one and others I've been to in larger cities... God they're awful.
Old May 30th 2012, 12:13 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Originally Posted by snowcandy
A trip to Walmart always leaves me feeling like that too!
And the one in Airdrie is supposed to be the best one in Alberta.
Old May 30th 2012, 12:32 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_
Sounds to me like your OH does most of the grocery shopping.
Couldnt be more wrong i'm afraid. I work from home so groceries and cooking is all me.